Exercise while TTC - is it ok?? is it not ok ??

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Exercise while TTC - is it ok?? is it not ok ??

Postby kkg » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I totally agree. Exercise is not only safe during TTC it's good for so many reasons! On top of burning calories, it also helps the mind by releasing natural mood lifters (endorphins). I find a daily workout to be a wonderful way to shed some of the tww stress & anxiety. Usually an OB will tell you that you can continue to do any exercise during pregnancy that you did before, as long as the heart rate doesn't get too high. By condoning the body ahead of time you will be able to stay more active during pregnancy which is great for you and the baby and is also supposed make pregnancy & labor easier and help with post pregnancy weight loss & postpartum depression.

Go for it!!! Run, walk, elliptical, swim, lift, yoga, Pilates, barre, home DVDs, boot camp, do whatever you want. If you like something you're more likely to stick with it :)

Good luck everyone!! My weight has been a yo-yo my whole life. It is a daily fight for me and I am a big believer in fitness as a way to combat the weight and keep me sane!!

:babydustb: :babydustg:
me (Kelly) 33 | dh 43
together since 2007 | married in 2010
two amazing dogs (fur kids) who warm my heart every single day! ❤
ttc #1 for both of us
original plan to ttc in 2011 | delayed for medical reasons
green light to ttc in Nov 2012 and been trying ever since!
HSG 9/12/13, all clear
DH SA 9/12/13, low sperm count, low motility
10/5/2013, BFP!!!!!!!! Au Naturel!!

kkg
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Esperanza19 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:37 am

About 2 months ago I made the decision not to wait until after I had a baby to do something about my weight. I just realised I don't know how long this is going to take (been trying since April) and I can't keep putting it off. I'm 5ft 5" and 161 pounds so I'm not looking for anything too drastic. I joined the gym a month ago and have been swimming and doing light work outs since then. I'm not pushing myself too hard. I think as long as you listen to your body it's ok. Having said that I do sometimes panic that these things are having more of an impact on my chances than they actually are. I guess it's normal to try and find reasons when AF shows up!
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby trying4angel1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:28 pm

We also have been trying since April 13 and I am on cycle day 21 about 8 days till testing. (very similar to you Esperanza19:)
I have been doing two weeks on two weeks of with my exercise to finding it hard to get into a routine. I've heard mixed advice to decrease exercise in the two week week wait. I'm so confused as what to do so have been still doing exercise just not what i'd do normally. I'm scared of running like I normally do just incase. I don't want anything to effect our chances.

M: 34
DD: 33
trying4angel1

Postby ufusannon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:02 am

for me that would be ok.
ufusannon

Postby agonize » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 pm

I've heard that yoga is really good during the 2ww, because it's gentle and will encourage blood flowing. And will likely help in your implantation.

I think you are fine with the ellipticals. While ttc, I've ran multiple half-marathons, with the longest race being a 20-miler race. I don't really train on a regular basis, but when I do work out, it's extreme stuff. Probably not great. Going to tone down it a little bit, now that I may be BFP.
Me: 30, DH: 32
Married since March 2015
TTC #1, since July 2015
July 2015: chemical pregnancy, early mc @ 5w1d
Sept 2015: BFP on digital test @ DPO 12, Faint line BFP @ DPO 11, BFN @ DPO 8 & 9
agonize

Previous

Return to Weight Loss and TTC