anyone working on losing weight?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

anyone working on losing weight?

Postby goobermom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 pm

just checking if there are any ladies actively trying to lose weight right now? we are doing a health challenge at work and i have lost 15 lbs in 8 weeks! we have four more weeks to go, though i have about 25 lbs yet to lose.
i am struggling today...so hungry but trying not to cave. we even went out for supper and i was good- grilled chicken breast and baked potato! but now i want to snack....maybe i will grab some celery to munch on!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lisa79 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Yep. I'm still TTC, but also trying to lose weight as well.

Last week DH and I started doing the Paleo diet.
It's basically eating what cavemen would have with a modern twist.
No Wheats, grains, legumes, dairy (at first), and no refined sugars.
I think the main focus is to eat gluten free and to keep carb intake decent but with the good natural stuff coming from veggies and fruit. Most people eating Paleo eat grassfed meats but we can't do that right now w/ how much fert treatments cost.
The aim is to eat lots of protein. Lots of good meat, veggies, and fruit and nuts. Well the fruit and nuts need to be limited if weight loss is the goal.

First week was a bit of an adjustment. I had absolutely no carb cravings, but I did have sugar cravings. Not for bad sugars, but for fruit.
I managed to lose 4lbs and DH lost a definite 5lbs, but potential 9lbs the first week. And this is from us eating eggs, bacon, hamburger, steak etc etc. Everything that diets say not to eat lol.

I've learned so much researching this diet and watching the movie Fat Head. I highly HIGHLY recommend watching that movie. It's not a guy trying to promote Paleo eating or anything like that lol, but he's just trying to expose the lies we've all been fed throughout the years about what is good for us. The movie is on Netflix instant watch.
Me: 34 DH: 35
PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Anovulation
BFP 11-30-11 @ 8dpo after 3 years, lots of fertility treatments, and 4 chemical m/c
beta #1 9dpo: 7 beta #2 14dpo: 113 beta #3 20dpo: 1467
Zoe Born on Aug 8th 2012
Now TTC#2
BFP 7/6/14 @ 9dpo Stick baby stick!
Lisa79
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 pm

sounds interesting!! and great job with the weight loss!! That is an awesome amount to lose in one week!! and how cool that DH is doing it with you.
i have done weight watchers in the past. this time around, i really have just focued on eating lots of fruits and veggies and trying to limit amounts (i love food....thus over eat) plus exercise! if the weight lose slows, i return to the weight watchers points.
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:01 pm

lost 4.5 lbs this past week!! Yay!! wore pants today that i have not worn in while!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lisa79 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Woot! Congrats on the loss! That is really amazing :D

I unfortunatly haven't lost this week, but I think the provera I'm taking is causing water retention (at least I hope so lol).
Diet has been great though. I rarely get hungry any longer and still have had absolutely no carb cravings. I did have an incident of wanting dessert one day this week, but it was easily managable.

DH lost another 5lbs this week bringing his total to 10lbs in just 2 weeks. I'm so happy for him :D
Oh and he's only doing this b/c I'm the one that cooks lol. So he has to eat what I feed him! :wink:
Me: 34 DH: 35
PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Anovulation
BFP 11-30-11 @ 8dpo after 3 years, lots of fertility treatments, and 4 chemical m/c
beta #1 9dpo: 7 beta #2 14dpo: 113 beta #3 20dpo: 1467
Zoe Born on Aug 8th 2012
Now TTC#2
BFP 7/6/14 @ 9dpo Stick baby stick!
Lisa79
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenstephen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 am

Zija is not just about weight loss but these weight loss products helps to improve overall health. It has many health benefits to cure many diseases.
The best thing about it is that it is one of the best natural resource for losing weight.
zija
jenstephen

Re: anyone working on losing weight?

Postby treezuk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:16 pm

I just had a gastric bypass to lose weight drastic I know but it took a lot of thought before I decided to do it , of course the weight will fall off but I still have to work on eating healthier and watching how much I eat , I think trying to change your mind set is harder than anything else
(Me) Teresa (32) & DH (35) DS Mckenzi~6
(TTC since 2004) 3 :angel: 's (July 05 and June/July 10)
:angel: Ectopic found 6w3d ( 18th June 2014) Received the methotrexate injection on 20th June 2014.
Low AMH (0.46) & high Fsh (16.5) = POF - Pre Menopausal
Time is of the essence possibly IVF in the near future !!!
treezuk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyblueeyes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 am

I have lost 2st maybe a little more in a few months :) on a low GI diet & 30min workouts a day, also ttc with pcos lol! My cycles are just adjusting so I hope I'll get a BFP before 2014! Good luck to you all :)
babyblueeyes
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mikearnold » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:25 am

There are two types of exercises for weight loss that you need to focus on. The first is cardiovascular exercises, and the second is resistance exercises.
mikearnold

Postby randapanda » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:20 am

Ok so I am in this group of ladies here since yes I want to lose weight for myself and to ttc.

Lets get this going. Went to store yesterday and bought a lot of fruits and veggies.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyblueeyes » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 am

Iv heard 1-2tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice in warm-hot (not too hot) water every morning does the world of good for our health and fertility. :) I'm going to try that! (Iv currently lost 2st naturally with PCOS) its really helped my cycles, which were months apart now my last cycle was 39days and I'm guessing since AF lasted 15days last time, this cycle it was only 10days, I'm hoping to be back to a 28day cycle soon! :D
babyblueeyes
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby randapanda » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:47 am

Wow I might try that. I have stayed away from sodas for over a year and I managed to lose 20 lbs. But I cant get rid od the fat around my c section 4 yrs ago and in other areas. Its so easy to gain the weight than lose it.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 am

Ttcing and losing weight are the hardest things to do alone without support. So can I join you Ladies as well?

Last cycle my periods were late by 2 months and I realize that I need to shed some weight and increase my chances of stabilizing my hormones...and increase chance of conceiving.
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Haha hey Thully! How are you?

Cool glad you are in here too.

Welcome ;-)
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Yep Randa. Am here too :D

Lers do this Ladies. Supporting each other will make it bearable :)
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Weight Loss and TTC