TTC for 11.5 months

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC for 11.5 months

Postby Jessica0905 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm

My DH and I are trying for #2. I made the mistake of getting on the Depo shot after having my daughter. Ended up gaining 50-60lbs the nine months I was on the shot. Depo completely stopped my period(which was already irregular) and haven't gotten it back after stopping Depo in almost 2 years. Has anyone gone through this? We are really anxious to have our next baby since our daughter is already 2 1/2..

Please reply if you have any advice.
I know I'm most likely going to have to lose weight in order to get pregnant, since i gained the weight so fast. My Dr said that is a huge shock to my system and he's almost positive that if I lose weight my period will come back and i'll become pregnant. Its just soo hard to lose weight for me. It's so hard for me to stick with a strict diet. Any suggestion on what's worked for you? (to lose weight before getting pregnant)

Thanks Jess--
Jessica0905
Friend

Postby maddy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:08 pm

I am finally losing weight following a low calorie, low fat, vegetarian diet. I also do not have any sugar, white flour, or anything processed. I also exercise on my stationary bike 5 times a week. It has been very hard and has required alot of discipline. Me and DH ate alot of fast food and junky food and meat at least three times a day. It is hard but after all this time ttc and trying fertility meds (that didnt help me O) I feel like this is my only option. That really is my motivation when i want to eat something bad or dont want to exercise. Good luck to you!
maddy

Postby goobermom » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:49 pm

i have had success with weight watchers. i have currently lost 15 pounds in about 7 weeks....not huge numbers but i am losing and it is a lifestyle change i could live with long term!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnnaJuly » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:38 am

I have seen alot of people report difficulty conceiving after going off off of Depo. I wish doctors would warn people of that. It is possible just may take a little more time. There is also a Depo pcos connection that sometimes ties into the weight gain. Best to get checked if you have not.
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Weight Loss and TTC