TTC for 11.5 months

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC for 11.5 months

Postby Jessica0905 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm

My DH and I are trying for #2. I made the mistake of getting on the Depo shot after having my daughter. Ended up gaining 50-60lbs the nine months I was on the shot. Depo completely stopped my period(which was already irregular) and haven't gotten it back after stopping Depo in almost 2 years. Has anyone gone through this? We are really anxious to have our next baby since our daughter is already 2 1/2..

Please reply if you have any advice.
I know I'm most likely going to have to lose weight in order to get pregnant, since i gained the weight so fast. My Dr said that is a huge shock to my system and he's almost positive that if I lose weight my period will come back and i'll become pregnant. Its just soo hard to lose weight for me. It's so hard for me to stick with a strict diet. Any suggestion on what's worked for you? (to lose weight before getting pregnant)

Thanks Jess--
Jessica0905
Friend

Postby maddy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:08 pm

I am finally losing weight following a low calorie, low fat, vegetarian diet. I also do not have any sugar, white flour, or anything processed. I also exercise on my stationary bike 5 times a week. It has been very hard and has required alot of discipline. Me and DH ate alot of fast food and junky food and meat at least three times a day. It is hard but after all this time ttc and trying fertility meds (that didnt help me O) I feel like this is my only option. That really is my motivation when i want to eat something bad or dont want to exercise. Good luck to you!
maddy

Postby goobermom » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:49 pm

i have had success with weight watchers. i have currently lost 15 pounds in about 7 weeks....not huge numbers but i am losing and it is a lifestyle change i could live with long term!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnnaJuly » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:38 am

I have seen alot of people report difficulty conceiving after going off off of Depo. I wish doctors would warn people of that. It is possible just may take a little more time. There is also a Depo pcos connection that sometimes ties into the weight gain. Best to get checked if you have not.
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC for 11.5 months

Postby Caprice » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:20 am

The best advice I can give you is being consistent. It's really important to keep following a diet. That's the toughest thing, as well. However, if you keep following that diet, it will all be fine. Sending lots of love and support. Don't worry, too much, okay? I'm sure it will work out!
Caprice

Return to Weight Loss and TTC