Does exercise affect ovulation?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Does exercise affect ovulation?

Postby missymoo3 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:21 am

I started running in an attempt to lose weight to help conception. I did conceive but sadly was told last week that I am carrying an empty sac.

I want to go back to trying to lose weight but last time it seemed to make my ovulation later, and I don't want to do anything to affect ovulation.

Does anyone know any information about how quite strenuous exercise can affect ovulation? I went from not doing anything to running 3K so it was hard on my body.

Do you think maybe 5 lots of 40 minute sessions on the cross trainer would be better if I kept my pulse down to about 140?

Thanks for any advice.

I weight 182lb and am 5'2" and so really could do with some weight loss.
missymoo3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hunnybunny23 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 am

too much vigorous exercise can affect fertility. but if you already had issues with ovulation then it wont be that. if you have been exercising more than 7 hours a week and things have recently changed think about toning it down. exercise is good for obese people like myself trying to conceive it helps stress levels :)

me:26 OH: 28
DS born: 42w1d cs 14.05.09
DD born 42w1d induced VBAC Assisted forceps 15.04.11
DS2 40w4d Spontaneous natural 2VBAC 27.10.13
hunnybunny23
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby StarC » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 pm

I would most definitely tone down the exercise.
While most exercise is great, sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.
Perhaps take it down to walking. My Dr recommends nothing over 30 minutes/day... but says every day is fine.
StarC
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goobermom » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 pm

My re recommended power walking for weight loss while ttc
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Does exercise affect ovulation?

Postby Nevaeh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:03 am

Hey, my dear. We, as women are obsessed with fitness. We also love eating and chocolate. I’m one of whom adores chocolates and hamburgers. But I resist my desire. I follow a lifestyle and diet. Besides these things, I should exercise. My doctor warned me of excessive training. Studies have shown that high-intensity workouts can alter the hormonal balance, disrupt ovulation and alter the entire menstrual cycle.
Nevaeh

Postby Presley » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:10 am

"If you make a dramatic increase in your exercise level, even if BMI or body fat percentage stays the same, the stress can have a negative effect on reproductive hormone production and fertility".So I really need to exercise.My doctor advice was fertility likes regular exercises but it needs to be low-impact, moderate and done on a consistent basis. Good luck.
Presley

Postby Ximena » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:12 am

Hi, I’m really happy because you insist on exercising. Our body health is so precious.so I want you to go on. But there some instructions you have to know to be saved. Women who are trying to conceive should exercise regularly at a moderate level, for 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week. Yoga is also so good. Try it and you will like it.
Ximena

Postby Savanah » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:14 am

There are some suitable exercises for whom try to conceive. Brisk walking, 5 times a week, for 30 minutes to 1 hour and dancing is easy and useful. Nia, Zumba, and aerobics 2-3 times a week are good too. Try bike riding, light jogging or swimming. You may like one of them. The most important thing don’t have over exercising.
Savanah
Friend

Return to Weight Loss and TTC