TTC, losing weight while on metformin for diabetes and PCOS

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC, losing weight while on metformin for diabetes and PCOS

Postby ashelton » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:00 am

Hi I'm new here and just wanted to make a post and see what you all think about my situation. I am 23 and I have never had regular periods except for when I was bc. When I was 16 I was diagnosed with PCOS and I had surgery to remove a cyst from my right fallopian tube and they had to take the tube with it. When my fiance and I decided to start TTC 2.5 years ago I went off bc and didn't have a period. I went to the doctore and they put me on prometrium to jump start my body. Well I had a period but didn't ovulate and didn't have a period the next month. This went on for several months with no change. The doctor told me I needed to concentrate on losing weight and then come back. Well I started losing weight and then my mom became ill with cancer for a second time and I just put it all on the back burner. Now a year later I was recently given a dose of provera and had a period. I was also put on metformin to treat my diabetes and PCOS. The period lasted from the 27th of January to the 8 th of February. I was apparently supposed to ovulate from the 5th to the 10 th of February. My fiance and I had sex during this time to try and conceive. I was supposed to have another period starting on the 24th of February and it hasn't came yet. I have been feeling nauseous but I'm not sure if that's from the metformin. I have also been noticing some thick milky white discharge. It has no smell. This is not something I have had before. And also some mild cramping in my lower abdomen that is not like period cramps. Any advice, information, or just opinions would be greatly appreciated.
TTC FOR 2 YEARS
ashelton
Friend

Re: TTC, losing weight while on metformin for diabetes and P

Postby rae17 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 pm

It sure sounds like you're pregnant. I would buy a FRER test and find out. Good luck! :D
rae17
Friend

Re: TTC, losing weight while on metformin for diabetes and P

Postby ashelton » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Thank you for the response. I am going to buy one tonight and take it in the morning. If I'm not then I have to start another round of provera.
TTC FOR 2 YEARS
ashelton
Friend

Return to Weight Loss and TTC