Weightloss while TTC? Anyone

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Weightloss while TTC? Anyone

Postby TheDoctorsBride » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:40 pm

I'd like to lose the 15lbs I gained after my wedding before I get preggers. Anyone on this board and want to be weight loss/TTC buddies? I'd love the help and support.
I am doing a walking/interval aerobics video as well as starting low carb today.
Mom of spontaneous triplets (5) B/G/B full term, take home triplets

Me (27), DH (47) Married March 2013!

DH Vasectomy reversal. Low motility one year later, moved to IVF with ICSI.
IVF #1 BFP ~ MC.
FET #1 Rainbow BFP! ~Cautiously expecting November 2014~

Getting ready to TTC #1 together. 1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child I prayed, and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him." Exodus 23:25 "...There wont be any miscarriages nor barren women in your land..."

TheDoctorsBride
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Weightloss while TTC? Anyone

Postby Jmg217 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:48 pm

I have been TTC since January but would like to lose the 10 pounds I put on over the last 5 months. I too am starting low carb and work out with a personal trainer 2x per week and do cardio aerobics/group fitness classes on the other 3 days. Body Pump is my favorite...such a great stress reliever!! I have a nagging feeling this 10 extra pounds isn't helping with the TTC'ing. And I was eating strictly low carb when I got my surprise to ttc bfp last time. Good luck!
Me 27
DH 36
Married April 14th 2012
**Aug 2012 became preg while not TTC, and sadly lost the pregnancy due to it being ectopic.
back to TTC since Jan 2013
Jmg217
Friend

Postby TheDoctorsBride » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Yes what does a typical day look like on everyone's menu? I'd love to swap low carb ideas I am ALWAYS in a rut.

I walk about 3-4 miles every other day, try to do at least a mile a day. I'm sick and weak today with only 4 hours sleep so I didn't want to push myself.

If I don't get the results quick enough I think I may do HCG diet again. I wanted to wait and do our first cycle after DH's vasectomy reversal with out the HCG diet but I'm getting too frustrated. I'd rather push back TTC than gain more and more. :doh:
Mom of spontaneous triplets (5) B/G/B full term, take home triplets

Me (27), DH (47) Married March 2013!

DH Vasectomy reversal. Low motility one year later, moved to IVF with ICSI.
IVF #1 BFP ~ MC.
FET #1 Rainbow BFP! ~Cautiously expecting November 2014~

Getting ready to TTC #1 together. 1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child I prayed, and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him." Exodus 23:25 "...There wont be any miscarriages nor barren women in your land..."

TheDoctorsBride
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jmg217 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Low carb is super healthy! If done right. My menu usually consists of...

breakfast-coffee and 2 hard boiled eggs along with a piece if fruit (morning and after a work out is the only time I eat fruit) anything that ends with berry is fertility approved! Weekends I have more time to get creative with omelet a and egg scrambles. I know they say coffee isn't great while ttc or pregnant but I do NOT plan on giving up my morning coffee coffee until I see 2 pink lines lol...for lunch- usually a salad along with some protein. Chicken or turkey taco meat. Lettuce wraps or egg salad in pepper half. Dinner will again be protein and a veggie. I get a lot of different low carb recipes online! Snacks would be almonds or pistachios or some raw veggies and dip, cheese or the low carb snack bars or shakes. You can find the Atkins bars in the grocery store. It's a lot of vegetable and lean meat and most likely you will get sick of salads but I try to get myself in the mindset I am eating for nutrition and to be healthy. That mindset helps me not get sick of certain foods!
Me 27
DH 36
Married April 14th 2012
**Aug 2012 became preg while not TTC, and sadly lost the pregnancy due to it being ectopic.
back to TTC since Jan 2013
Jmg217
Friend

Postby MartiJaeWarner » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:20 am

I have a LOT more than 10-15 pounds to lose, I've never really actively TRIED to lose weight. In college I dropped 50 pounds for a couple of reasons...

1.) I was ALWAYS on the move
2.) I developed an anxiety disorder than manifested itself in a fear of vomiting. At that point when I would try to eat my throat would close up and I would feel instantly nauseous. I was able to eat some, but not a lot and during anxiety flare ups I was probably eating less than 500 calories a day. :(

Since college I have gained all 50lbs back plus about 10 more.

I'm worried about keeping all this weight on, but I'm also worried about trying to lose so much weight before having a baby, because I'm already having issues with irregular cycles. I don't want to start a strenuous exercise plan and mess it up even more.

I did consult a friend who is a nutritionist, she suggested cutting out processed foods, and drinking a gallon of water as a start.

Any meal suggestions? My knowledge of nutrition is limited, which is so frustrating!

Also, I had a veggie burger about a month ago...I have NO idea what brand, because I was working at a daycare at the time and it was served to us. Does anyone have a veggie burger that they absolutely love?!
-Marti-Jae: 23
-Raymond (aka-The Hubs): 26
-TTC #1 since March 2013
-Married since June 2011
-Mommy to 3 fur babies: Cooper (3 year old beagle) Sydney and Sophie (2 year old twin kitties)

MartiJaeWarner
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lilly1202 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:38 am

Good morning Ladies!!

My name is Thea and I am 34. Im gonna put myself out there! In November 2012 I finally hit rock bottom and decided that I had to lose some weight. Multiple reasons as I knew I wanted to be a mom one day, I hated the way I looked, tired of shopping in plus size stores and over all miserable. I was 245 lbs and wearing an 18, standing at 5'7. I started December 1, 2012 the day before my birthday and had lost 44 lbs by March 1st-ish 2013.

Oh and let me add that I am the QUEEN of not periods!!! For years my periods weren't just irregular they were non existent. Usually the DR would give me Provera and bring her on and so on. I guess the more weight I gained she went away. December 29, 2012 AF showed up out of no where! I was completely unprepared and caught off guard. I had just given away all of my pads and tampons, Im sure that may sound weird. At that point I was down maybe 20 lbs! When I had gone to the DR in Feb I told him about AF and he was excited for me, since prior her showing up he had brought my only other period in 2012 back in Feb. I have had my period every month since December 29, 2012. With the exception of a month or two my cycle being 30 days its not pretty much 33 days. This is awesome!

A friend of mine had been doing a program and had I not known her I never would have done it. So I got on board. I had tried everything though. I have never lost weight like this and I have gotten rid of ALL my fat clothes. I don't want to gain it back. I have 46 more lbs to lose and I cannot wait. I hate working out and the program Im on doesn't require it so much. I have done I the much harder way though too, killing myself at the gym and to only lose a little.

I went for my annual in Feb and my DR was highly impressed with my weightloss. I am hoping that this will help with my getting pregnant. When I saw him in Feb I told him I wasn't ttc, that has since changed. Im going to wait maybe 6 mos and if nothing then go see him.

Ultimately cutting out carbs, watching your sugars & sodium. Stick to lean meats and greens. Drink tons of water. Im the type of person that doesn't cook with seasonings too much and if I do they are low sodium or sodium free. Mrs. Dash has some of those. I don't use a lot of condiments. I eat 6 small meals a day every 2-3 hours. This helps with keeping your metabolism going.
Me: 34 & Db: 42
TTC since March 2013

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/444eb8

Lilly1202
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Morne » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:29 am

It is fine to dieting and even lose extra weight while you are trying for a baby. However, you require to ensure you eat good foods for weight loss, balanced dieting so that you don’t lose necessary nutrients that your body will need for pregnancy. But there are many chances of having periods irregular or not having periods whether you're overweight. Trying to reach the normal BMI range may be helpful for you to regulate your periods and ovulation and rise your chances of getting pregnant.

Return to Weight Loss and TTC