Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Postby maddy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:34 am

Ive been trying to take a different approach to losing weight. Everytime I say I am going to diet and lose weight I IMMEDIATELY start craving every bad food in the book. SO my new approach is I am just going to take it one meal at a time. I am not going to obsess, I am just going to try and make healthier choices, and maybe cut back and ask myself if it is healthy or unhealthy for me before I eat.

I dont know if this will work, but I am out of ideas at this point.
maddy

Postby 80's Baby » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:34 am

Well DAMN! The 2 is back. :( I cannot take weekends off. :oops:
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamahen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:58 am

I went Gluten Free about three years ago and lost a ton of weight just as a side effect of the lifestyle. But also, I feel amazing. It changed my life and I'll never go back. I used to feel bloated, gross, achey, lazy, blah, depressed, unable to exercise. Quitting gluten improved my skin, ended my gut bloating and nausea, stopped my "seasonal" allergies that I had for years and controlled with drugs, lost me 30 lbs, and brought my energy up! I've done a lot of research on gluten, and truly, there is NO reason to eat wheat. It's nothing but bad for you. There are plenty of other whole grains that are far more nutritious.

Gluten is strongly linked to depression, inflammation, auto immune problems and more. All of our wheat is loaded with gluten because it's a natural "pesticide", as bugs don't like it. It's all been genetically modified since our ancestors first used it. And it's used in TONS of stuff.

If you choose to quit gluten, you have to QUIT gluten - as it causes an immune response in your body and a little bit causes the same reactions as a lot.

It also forces you to quit things like pizza, brownies, etc... which I found hard for about three days because my diet was mostly wheat based and then I felt so much better I never looked back. The thought of eating a brownie or piece of bread makes me gag now.

martha
Martha (Me)
Second marriage, June 2013
One daughter, 2009
Trying since August 2013
Ectopic with IUD and ruptured tube in 2012
Chemical 10/2013
Polypectomy May 2014

My Ovulation Chart
mamahen
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 am

Well I totally messed up my first day! In my defence we haven't been food shopping yet so I haven't had a chance to stock up on healthy alternatives lol! Oh God getting my @ss into gear is the hardest- once I start I'm ok but its thay first initial jump lol. Roll on tomorrow!! Shall we set a goal for the next 4 weeks ladies?xxx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Happyfroggy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Ladies,

Amouna - Don't worry, take it one day at a time and don't use one slip up as an excuse to binge since you already 'messed up'. :D I agree the first initial jump is the hardest...well I'd say the first 2 weeks for me lol

mamahen - I've been following the research on gluten. At first they said it would benefit everyone to quit but the very latest research I've read says that this only benefits people who have some kind of gluten sensitivity (which more and more people have and there are degrees of sensitivity). However, if you do not have any gluten sensitivity or allergy the studies have not shown a benefit to quit gluten. I'm very glad it's made such a difference for you though! That's truly amazing.

80's baby - Don't worry! Those are normal weight fluctuations and it's probably just water. You've done AMAZING so far and are a real inspiration.

Maddy - that sounds like a really good plan. You could ask yourself "How does this benefit my body?"

BichonFrise - hahaha we are soooo different. I still cannot even imagine what it must be like to love running and exercise that much. When I picture you in my mind, I picture a super buff athletic chick with an 8 pack wearing short-shorts

Ambernicole - I think the fruit bowl is an excellent idea....I do that myself! It really does make you grab fruit instead of junk when you're in the mood for a snack but don't know what!

As for me, I mediated again last night. I'm really enjoying it. Haven't, erm, started my exercise DVD's yet. It's so hard with work this week....i know, i know, excuses, excuses right?
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:55 am

I need to start exercising as well. My weight seems to have stalled at 183. This is the first time I've been stuck while not cheating. Hope it changes soon. I joined a dietbet and I only have two weeks left to get down 2 more pounds. I don't want to lose my money! And winning some would be even better!

Mamahen -- I've been trying to go gluten free. That stuff is everywhere though. I'm attempting to do the endo diet to reduce inflammation and pain. I've been successful with eliminating dairy and red meat, but gluten is hard.

Amouna -- Yes! Don't let your slip up turn into a binge. I was so terrible for that but I'm breaking the habit.

80s -- My weight always fluctuates up and down with a range of 2-3 pounds. Don't get so frustrated you give up. That's what I would always do, but I've found that if I just start eating right without a feeling like a failure binge my weight went right back down.

Maddy -- Not sure if this would work for you, but I started by taking one thing out of my diet for a week. If I reached a week without that one thing I made another week long goal. When I felt ready I began taking other things out. Eventually I worked up to lots of stuff and I feel okay with it.

BichonFrise -- I have to agree with Happyfrog. When I picture you I too picture a super buff athletic girl. I've never been a runner, but I started c25k a while back and made it all the way through week three. I ended up quitting for personal reason and I'm hoping to start back next month. I've always wanted to run.

Happyfrog -- Get that booty in gear girly :D I should probably do the same LOL
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:35 pm

Just managed to get myself to do a quick 30 minute workout :D

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BichonFrise » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:33 pm

buff chick? I think I was...or maybe more lean? I used to have 4 packs (not 8 packs lol).

This was me before the TTC journey
http://i41.tinypic.com/n5rb0o.jpg

Now, add 20 lbs to the pic and that is the new me. I have 2 bags now and it folds right in the middle :rofl:, not 4 packs haha....but actually my face is nicer with the extra fat so I don't think I ever want to go back to the boxer body, just lose 5 lbs so the clothes hang a bit better.

I think I need to lose weight by going after the diet. The reasons I like exercise so much is because I love to eat a lot. The only way I can get away with it is by exercising a lot. I am always a failure in dieting though. I need to find a way to eat less....and this is hard :(

Maybe I do calorie counting? Has anyone tried this?
Me (39) DH (41)

TTC #1 since June 2013. Married for 10 years.

BFP #1: 10/01/2013 MC: 10/15/2013 (7 weeks)
BFP #2: 12/24/2013 MC: 01/01/2014 (5 weeks 1 day)
BFP #3: 02/08/2014 Ethan was born 6 lbs 9 Oz on Oct 17th, 2014.

TTC #2 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BichonFrise
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:14 pm

I'm "dieting" but not really lol. I don't count calories, but I don't eat any processed foods, red meat or poultry, any dairy products, and less bread products. For now I'm still losing. If I stop I guess I'll start counting. I have quite a bit more to lose though :/

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fedupofwaiting » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi all, can I please join? I think we may be looking at starting IVF soon but got to get my BMI down and need to loose 20lbs :(
Me - 28yrs
Dh - 29yrs

Ttc #1 for over 3 years with MFI

1st IVF cycle in June 2014 was negative. 3 frozen blasts

1st FET in nov 2014 - BFP however miscarriage at 7 weeks :(

2nd FET in March 2015 - BFP :)

No one has ever wanted anything as much as I want you
Fedupofwaiting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Welcome! Do you have to lose weight before they will do ivf?

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Hey hon of couurrse u can join :) I was thinking aiming for 2-3lbs a week but not sure if that suits everyone so we can all set our own goals and checkin to see how everyones doing?xxx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BichonFrise » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:26 pm

maddy wrote:Ive been trying to take a different approach to losing weight. Everytime I say I am going to diet and lose weight I IMMEDIATELY start craving every bad food in the book. SO my new approach is I am just going to take it one meal at a time. I am not going to obsess, I am just going to try and make healthier choices, and maybe cut back and ask myself if it is healthy or unhealthy for me before I eat.

I dont know if this will work, but I am out of ideas at this point.

This is me! I think low carb is the way to go but we need to trick our body just like we do TTC. Don't call it diet...maybe something else so we don't go all rebellious. I am very sure the minute I said I am going to go low carb, I order chinese food takeout the next day.

Seriously, I think starting today, I try to eat less carb after 4 PM. the only carb I eat will be either fruits or vegetables but no grain. Hope this does the trick. Just doing simple mantra, move more, eat less :)
Me (39) DH (41)

TTC #1 since June 2013. Married for 10 years.

BFP #1: 10/01/2013 MC: 10/15/2013 (7 weeks)
BFP #2: 12/24/2013 MC: 01/01/2014 (5 weeks 1 day)
BFP #3: 02/08/2014 Ethan was born 6 lbs 9 Oz on Oct 17th, 2014.

TTC #2 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BichonFrise
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Happyfroggy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:25 pm

ambernicole8484 wrote:I'm "dieting" but not really lol. I don't count calories, but I don't eat any processed foods, red meat or poultry, any dairy products, and less bread products. For now I'm still losing. If I stop I guess I'll start counting. I have quite a bit more to lose though :/

HAHAHAHA Amber, if that's not a diet than I would HATE to see what your version of a "real diet" is hahahaha! :wink: Good for you!

BichonFrise....I SO WANT TO SEE YOUR PIC! But I have to wait until I get home because my work blocks everything. It's so weird, I can go on this site *knock on wood* but can't see 1/2 the profile pics or 1/2 the signatures or 1/2 the links. It seems random what makes it through and what doesn't!

So today's lunch was a tie-breaker. It was a buffet for a work meeting and I did good in that my plate was mostly veg, but I did bad in that I did take a dessert. The good thing was the dessert was very, very small. But it was stupid becasue it wasn't something I *really* wanted and it wasn't *so good* you know? LIke I feel like to avoid being deprived you can have small treats here and there but only do it when you REALLY want it and when it's something really great. So eating that square was just pointless. But again, took smaller portions and mostly veg so I'm calling it a draw.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Happyfroggy -- LOL! I clearly did not think about what I was saying haha :) don't stress over the dessert. Allow yourself that treat and keep moving :)

I decided to figure up my calories today after my last post and I'm hoping I figured out why I stalled. I was 400 calories under my goal. Had a few veggie snacks to up muy calories. Hope this helps me get back on track. I feel like 1.5-2 pounds a week is good for me. I think this is the rate I've been doing and it has alloweds me some teeny tiny wiggle room.

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC