Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Postby 80's Baby » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am

Oh, I know! I made quesadillas for dinner last night (I ate one, shamefully) and DH wolfs down two, while asking me how I liked the tour of my new gym. He almost got a fork to the forehead. Lol
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:57 am

Hey ladies!!

KT can you text me? I dont have your pics nor your number from conversations we had before.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KTBrown » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Hey my number is 9372142216 ill send you a text
KTBrown/ Carrying a miracle to term: EDD 09/07/2015
Andrew 10/10/2013
Joshua 06/14/2011
Elijah 10/05/09
Isaac 08/08/08
KTBrown
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 80's Baby » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi girls. Well, my number has stayed the same for a week or so, but it seems that I've lost some inches. 3 months ago, I was struggling with a size 17. DH bought me some workout clothes (at my request) and bought a 12-14. They fit!!! Yay is back! :D
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zokica » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:34 am

Good for you :)

I'm PMSing big time this month, eating everything I shouldn't so I am not going to weigh myself for a while now, there is no need to know how much my sins weigh :)

I've decided to take a break from TTC, my DH and I have decided to skip BD during ovulation on purpuse in the next few cycles just so I can catch my breath from all this. It's emotionally overwhelming. The chances of naturally concieving are nonexistant so why bother. This month we BD on the right days, of course, and AF is still on her way as always :(

There's an exhausting few months ahead of me, I'm planning a bachelorette party for my future SIL, their wedding is in June, the party in May. I'm the maid of honor so it's a lot of work. She is the best so it's not a chore but still, it's not the easiest task, I notice :)

A few days ago she told me she's secretly come off the pill to try and suprise her fiancee with a pregnancy announcement at the wedding. We were at zumba practice and I almost lost it. It turned me into a raging monster, thank god we were working out so I could unleash all my PMS fury on the moves. I love her, but at that point I felt such jealousy I have NEVER known :(

Is this what TTC has made us into? I'm not that person, I'm usually happy for other people but boy, did that hit a nerve. Anyway, I've calmed down since, but I wonder if I'm going to be able to enjoy our friendship once she becomes pregnant, what if it turns out to be too hard :(

Any similar experiences?
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Happyfroggy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Sorry I've been MIA for a while, was away for work for a while and was off the exercise/diet bandwagon (back on again!)

A few days ago she told me she's secretly come off the pill to try and suprise her fiancee with a pregnancy announcement at the wedding.

OH MY GOSH YOU MUST TALK HER OUT OF THIS!!!! That is a HORRIBLE thing to do. You do NOT make that big of a life altering decision without discussing it with your partner. Even if she knows he wants kids that is a betrayal and a terrible, terrible idea. Also to announce it the day of the wedding? That is also a terrible, terrible idea!!!! He should not be told in front of other people!!! ON such a big day already!!!!! YOUR FRIEND IS CRAZY!!!!!!!

:omg: :omg: :omg: Even bringing home a kitten/puppy without discussing first with your partner would be wrong. This is a BABY, another human BEING!!!! Seriously, you need to tell her that is wrong on so many levels.

Not only that, does she really want people thinking that it was a shot gun marriage and that's why they got married?? People will do the math and know she conceived before the wedding. I mean if they were both planning it and fine with that, that's fine, but he doesn't even get a say? My god this is so wrong! It makes me wonder if your friend is mature enough to even GET married. THis is why 60% of marriages end in divorce. That is just so disrespectful..

Sorry, apparently I cannot stop ranting today LOL :rant:
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 80's Baby » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:10 pm

I thought the same thing. I've been married for almost 10 years, and I wouldn't make that decision without my husband on board! I don't think she's going to get the reaction she's hoping for. :/
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zokica » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 am

Yes, well. I guess I would think about the same things if I didn't know her and my brother in law, but the thing is that he's been pressuring her into starting to have a family and she's decided to stop taking birth control not because she wants to trap him or something :) but because she wants it to be romantic. She, of course, wouldn't do it infront of everybody. That would be nuts. :) besides, the wedding is in two months. So even if people calculate the days, it's none of their business anyway. My BIL loooooooves surprises so I think it would be perfect, especially considering how badly he wants a kid. The plan was to start after the wedding so two months don't really change anything, in my opinion.

I think it's sweet :) more so because she has endometriosis like me and is terrified she's gonna be in the same boat with me. I hope it works.

As for me, AF showed up, and I am in PAIN. Ughhhh, some cycles are just unbearable. Thank god for pain killers. Sticking to healthy eating, not counting a huge batch of cookies I chowed down in my PMS mode :)
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:14 am

What happens during pms doesn't count. :rofl: I'm still waiting for af, and it's driving me crazy! And my grandma is in town, so the diet has been suffering. Who turns down grandma's cooking? No one! Lol
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Happyfroggy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 am

AHAHAHAHAHHAA 80's I agree! What happens during your period doesn't count! :rofl:

Zokica - Okay, I'm glad your friend isn't doing it to trap him. If he's been pressuring her to start now and she's pretending not to be starting now, you're right, that is better than what I thought you meant!
Although, from another point of view, I still wouldn't start now. Because (warning this is morbid) having suffered previous pregnancy losses, and knowing how common it is, I would be afraid of conceiving that close to the wedding date because what if (God forbid) she miscarried right before/same day/during the wedding? It would ruin such a special day. So it would almost be better if she was trying earlier so she would be even more pregnant and less risk of loss on the wedding day. Sorry, I guess I'm just morbid and always think of the worst case scenario. When it is probably more likely, she'll get pregnant, tell him, they'll both be so happy, get married and live happily ever after. I guess I shouldn't project my personal pessimism on to others. :wink: hahahaha I'm so glad she isn't doing it to be crazy like I thought at first!

Also I LOVE COOKIES! And cookie dough. I would say they're my ultimate weakness.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zokica » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:26 am

#cookiemonster - it's a scientific fact that cookies and cookie dough have no calories during PMS, they melt into a special ingridient transforming us from bitches to fairies :)

As for my SIL - yeah, I know. I wouldn't do it either, seeing how it's not all rainbows and unicorns but these are my (our) experience. She is drawing conclusions from her friends who have had absolutely no problems at all. I don't know if she is all that aware of all the doctor's appointments you have to do once you realize you're expecting. On the other hand...it's difficult to stop the pill after so many years and TTC, the decision is difficult. So, I'm keeping my FX for her.

At least if she's pregnant at her bachelorette party, she'll be the sober one, and the rest of us can do all the stupid things :)
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:29 am

^ LMAO! Yep. The chocolate chips actually act as mood boosters. It's that tiny voice in our heads that says, 'Put the knife down. Let's not get blood on the cookies.' :rofl:
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zokica » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 am

80's Baby wrote:'Put the knife down. Let's not get blood on the cookies.' :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you, I needed a laugh :D
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:50 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ladies, why are you doing doing this to me?
I've been catching up and I'm laughing so hard, even my Boss looked my way :rofl: :rofl:

Of course Ladies, the calories we pile on during PMS...come out during AF's visit... they leave with the wicked witch :rofl: ...or at least that's how I convince myself so that I don't feel too bad for eating like the mad woman I usually am around that time :mrgreen:

PUSHUPS??!!!??? :shock: I can't do a SINGLE PROPER ONE!! :roll:
I do the kneeling ones but I know its not done properly coz my butt sticks out too much when I go down... while I know the body has to be in line, but I only bend the front and my butt sticks out :rofl: totally wrong! When I try to do the proper one, I can only go face down and I stay down :rofl:

Zokica, when my cousin fell pregnant and had a miscarriage... but a couple of months later fell pregnant again...I was happy for her... but a tiny part of me was very, very, very, very, jealous of her... and now she is 6 months and I think I'm still green with envy... so I think its pretty natural for us to feel this way... :doh:
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 am

Hey ladies! Sorry I was away. Nm here. Trying to get back on the swing of things. Going on a trip next week. More like for business than fun. Started my wraps but decided to not do the busibess anymore on trying to sell it.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC