Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Postby 80's Baby » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:36 am

I believe the 4 pound difference! Did the same thing to me! I was bummed out about gaining weight, but a few days later, my regular number was back. And I know I didn't burn off that much! Lol It's the same way I know that I couldn't gain that much. 3500 calories equals one pound. I'd have to screw up pretty bad! (Not that I'm not capable, but I'd remember eating 2 large pizzas) :rofl:
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Born2BeMommy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:41 pm

Hey ladies!

Zokica - Turns out you were right! Looks like I O'd on CD 14. Earliest. O. Ever! I'm still confused! Normally I only get random symptoms I've never had before in the last week of my cycle... :roll:

80's Baby - I had to lol at the 2 large pizzas thing! Who knows, you could be a sleep-eater! Like sleep walking, but instead of stumbling around and waking up on the couch, you make a beeline for the fridge. :rofl:

So, aside from that surprise early O, I cut my food portions (again) this week to hopefully help with this weight issue. I'm also on a cleaning spree. The problem is, there's so much clutter that doesn't belong to me, I can't find a place for it OR get rid of it! Every time I clean, I end up moving all the junk to a different room. A lot of it migrated from the kitchen to the living room and back to the kitchen. Ugh... the joys of renting from my MIL and sharing the place with my SIL... :doh:
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
MC July 2015 @ 16 weeks - cord accident
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Baby dust to all! :)
Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 am

Ooo, we lived with my in-laws for a few months when dh got out of the navy. We figured we would stay until we found a house to buy. We ended up renting an apartment just to get out! :rofl:

Afm, I got down to 187! ... then back to 193. Boo. High intensity interval training started today. 30 minutes of vigorous hiking, 20 minutes stair stepping, and 45 minutes of panting. Lol!
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Born2BeMommy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:18 am

Sadly, we moved here because we couldn't afford to do the apartment thing anymore. We were told before we made the 700-mile trip that my SIL was getting an apartment closer to where she works, but that was last September and all she's done since is waste a lot of money on stuff she doesn't need. She buys a ton of clothes jewelry, but she doesn't go anywhere because she doesn't have any friends, so I don't know who she's trying to impress. Probably herself since she's such a conceited witch.

Anyhow... good luck with the training! HIIT is one way to break through a plateau. Have you tried calorie cycling? That's how I broke my 182-183 plateau in March. :wink:

So nothing really interesting to report for myself, except I'm currently in that last stretch of the TWW where I'm starting to lose my mind. I buddied up with somebody on TCOYF who O'd on the same day as me and her BBT is doing much more promising things than mine, so she's probably gonna get her BFP and I'm gonna have to find a new buddy for next cycle. :(
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:38 am

I broke 189 today, so hopefully I can keep it moving in the right direction! What's calorie cycling? I haven't heard of that.
And your chart is looking pretty fantastic! Mine is garbage. Ff has changed my o date 3 times, so instead of 8dpo (like I want to be so I can start squinting, lol) I'm now 4 dpo! Ugh!
I've got a sister-in-law that I'd like to see fall off the planet. But she's nothing compared to her mother. Lol!
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Born2BeMommy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Good job getting past 189! I'll be your personal cheerleader. :rofl:

Calorie cycling is basically just switching up the amount of calories you consume per day so your body doesn't get used to a constant amount and turn "lazy" on you, so to speak. For example, let's say your daily calorie target is 1600. If you eat 1600 calories on Sunday and Monday, you want to either add or subtract about 200 calories (doesn't matter which) on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday you'd have 1600 again, Thursday you'd go lower, Friday you'd do 1600, and Saturday you'd go higher. That's just an example, though. There are all sorts of different calorie cycling calculators on the internet where you can enter your age, weight, height, etc. and it spits out a plan based on those factors. :)

Your chart doesn't look bad! I wouldn't put too much weight into what FF says anymore. 2 or 3 more temps should hopefully set it straight, though. As for my chart, all the open circles are actually fake temps that I put in so FF would take the dotted crosshairs off of CD 18... before that, they were on CD 12! My chart isn't as fantastic as it looks lol. I can't find any pregnancy charts with a similar pattern, so I'm pretty sure I'm out. Still holding out hope that AF at least waits 'til Thursday or Friday so I can keep a decent LP, though. :|
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:30 am

Thanks, hun! I'm starting to feel defeated because I'm not losing consistently. I'm definitely going to try the cycling. Right now, I'm budgeted for 1380 calories. I rarely go over, but it's not really working. :(
Have you had your thyroid checked? I just noticed your temps are really low pre-o. I know you have pcos, and they can go hand-in-hand.
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Born2BeMommy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:23 am

The best way to lose consistently is not giving the body "recovery time." You're probably familiar with X amount of reps for X sets, right? Dividing all those reps up into more sets just allows your body to keep being lazy. If you really want to test yourself, see how many of each exercise you can do in 3 minutes and no breaks. If you're doing push ups for example, even if you can't do any more by the 3 minute mark, you have to keep trying! That's the best way to really force your body to work harder and burn more.

I haven't had my thyroid checked (although I have pondered the possibility of hypothyroid due to my low temps) and actually haven't been diagnosed with anything. It was a very stuck-up, rude doctor who said she was "90% sure" that I have PCOS due to the anovulation and "physical characteristics." I went to that doctor trying to get help because DH and I were literally getting married like two weeks later, but she only wanted to criticize me and throw BCPs at me to cover up the issue, so I never went back for the stupid glucose test. DH and I decided after that we would rather wait until we're old enough to pursue adoption and go that route than deal with doctors again.
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am

Hi Ladies :hi:

It's been so long!!! My phone broke and then life happened...lost motivation to workout. worst of all, we got more furniture in our lounge and now don't have enough space to workout :(
But I do know that coming back here will re-kindle my enthusiasm...so I need you Ladies to slap my butt back to action :rofl:
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:37 am

Hey ladies!!!!

Well have started to try eat better and wirj out 2 to 3 times a week with a lady partner and her husband. Oh and after 84 days of no AF she came 5 dats ago!! Think its also due to my workout partner and her started last week.....yay!!!!!! :-)
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 80's Baby » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Thully! Welcome back :)
Life happened at my house last week! I was doing a pretty good job working out, then I cracked my knee open in the dumbest possible way. I leaned over our garden wall (not realizing that the morter was loose) and the wall went down with me on top! I injured my pride as well. :rofl:
So, my hiking/stair master has been put on hold.
Attachments
rps20140619_213528_199.jpg
(184.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:45 am

Wow 80s that does look like it could do some damage.

Hows everyone? After missibg AF she has been still lingering after 5 days...going on 7 so she wont leave! LOl
Anyway keeping working out and going to a coupon class tonight at 7. So excited!
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Born2BeMommy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:13 am

Thully - I was wondering where you'd gone! Good to have you back. :)

randapanda - Glad to hear AF finally got her act together but she really shouldn't wear out her welcome like that. :rofl:

80's Baby - Ouch! At least you fell on it and not the other way around... I know falling bricks on the toes is not a pleasant experience.

So, ladies, I have a very difficult decision to make and I would appreciate your advice. I've decided that I want to go to school to be a certified professional midwife and the schooling for that takes 2-3 years, plus I need to take a college course as a prerequisite (not to mention become fluent in Spanish and buy my own personal car :( ). Should I put TTC on hold so I don't potentially end up pregnant or nursing an infant when I plan to start school, which includes working 24-hour shifts and being on-call for at least 27 consecutive months? Or should I keep on TTC so I don't risk what could be my one and only chance to conceive? It's a really sucky choice to have to make either way but I'm just asking what you girls would do if you were me. Honestly, I'm leaning towards throwing in the towel and focusing on a dream I can actually control (as opposed to having a child, which depends on a lot of things I can't) when this cycle is over. :(
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby randapanda » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Wow Born Idk...I mean I dont know your age but they do say in your 30s your eggs are more mature to have pg...then again dont put off something you maynnot be able to do later than now.

Mostly you could just NPNT and do want you want. But God may play a good joke on you then lol.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 80's Baby » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Born, the best piece of advice I've ever received is this -
Only do what you can live with, and don't make a permanent decision based on a temporary situation.
You have to make the decision yourself, but make a decision you won't regret in 10 years.
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby