Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Postby ambernicole8484 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Oh yeah that's hard. I'm a SAHM as well and that's when I really packed on the pounds. You can do it though. Just make sure to set realistic, small goals. As you meet them just add new, bigger goals. I've always been bad for going in guns blazing and I always fail. This time I started slow and worked my way up and it's working.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Just over 6 months I gained more weight........Ugh!
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Ya I totally need a workout buddy somehow also.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Just totally had a chocolate attack and after just a few tastes of the brownie mix my stomach started hurting......ohhhhhh :-(
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Is there anyone near you that you could convince to workout with you? I think I'm going to start adding in exercise now. I've only been focusing on getting my eating under control so far.

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delyngail » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:30 am

Amouna87 wrote:I figured it would take my mind of things for a bit and motivate me in time for spring (otherwise would love to hide behind my baggy jumpers haha!) was thinking whoever wants to join, we can motivate each other :)

Clutching at straws to keep distracted during tww lol!xxx

I'm right here. would like to join, I'm on TTC now and seem not controlling myself of eating. I don't think I'm getting lots of weight but I'm scared I put on some wait in few months. Any advices and help will be very much appreciated. hugsss to all
delyngail

Postby 80's Baby » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:09 am

I'm a recent sahm. I quit my job in August when dd started school.
I really need to behave with what I eat. And I REALLY need to stay away from my scale. Those 2-3 pound fluctuations get to me.
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:29 am

Im with you 80s baby. Recent sahm as son is half days for pre k and we moved away so daycare is too expensive for us to put him in at $115 a week at 2 hours only a day and no weekends. Also every two weeks hubby is on call.

Well have not lost nor gained. Cant get over the 7 lb lose only hump.....this sucks! :-(
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:40 am

Hey ladies I moved the thread over to the Weight Loss and TTC forum :D

I excercised last night for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time. I went to the gym where DH works at part time, and OMG I think I might die lol. He had me do circuit weight training. Thats where you do different machines that work out differnt parts of your body, and you do 10 reps and go to each machine with no break, and you do that 4 times!

I was sweating and my heart was pounding after one go around lol. But honestly it was alot easier mentally than just doing a cardio session on one machine. That gets so boring, and my attention span cant deal with it after 5 mintues!

I am really going to try and keep up the exercising. I have to lose weight. Ive needed to for a long time now.
maddy

Postby Fedupofwaiting » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:59 am

Well done maddy sounds good! I prefer circuits on machines too although it is hard work :)
Me - 28yrs
Dh - 29yrs

Ttc #1 for over 3 years with MFI

1st IVF cycle in June 2014 was negative. 3 frozen blasts

1st FET in nov 2014 - BFP however miscarriage at 7 weeks :(

2nd FET in March 2015 - BFP :)

No one has ever wanted anything as much as I want you
Fedupofwaiting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 80's Baby » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Me and dh disagree about what gym to join. I want to use anytime fitness (24 hour gym) and he wants to use the YMCA. I just want to be able to put the kids to bed and use the rest of my night productively, instead of hitting the couch. He wants the y because it has a pool. :/
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Born2BeMommy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:33 pm

I haven't done any circuit training, but I love working out on the machines when I have time to visit a gym! There was a horizontal leg press in my high school gymnasium that I maxed out at 400 lbs without breaking a sweat. It didn't have any kind of resistance functionality, though, otherwise I'm sure it would've been more of a challenge. Considering most people could barely press their own body weight on it (wth? how can your legs be too weak to support you?) I'm still pretty proud of it regardless. When it comes to upper body strength, though... I have none. I'm lucky if I can bench 75 lbs. :rofl:

80's Baby - I'm with you on the gym thing. A facility you can visit anytime you want is worth way more than an overpriced pool membership!
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
MC July 2015 @ 16 weeks - cord accident
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Baby dust to all! :)
Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ambernicole8484 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks Maddy :) And good for you working out! Sounds like you really worked hard. Keep it up :D Since dh works at that gym do get a discount?

80s -- We have a 24 hour gym here as well that I plan to join. It's an all women gym. Unless dh decides to join. Then we'll probably join the anytime fitness here. We both like the idea of a 24 hour gym.

Born -- I used to have pretty good leg strength as well, but not these days LOL. The leg one was my favorite.

EOE -- Hope you're all doing well. You can do it girls!!

AFM -- Feeling totally awesome! I'm doing good with daily calories and I've managed to do an exercise video three days in a row. It's kind of short, about 15-20 minutes after commercials, but it's something at least. I have supreme 90 days DVD set but I don't think I'm ready to push myself that hard yet. Baby steps resulted in success with my diet, hoping it'll do the same for an exercise routine.

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Happyfroggy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi Ladies,

80's baby - hahaha I've heard this many times and they NEVER end up using the pool! My husband joined our local pricier gym rather than the cheaper work out place because he "Wanted to swim for his back". I think it's been what, three years now? HE HAS NEVER USED THE POOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL He also barely goes but everytime i suggest cancelling he insists he's using it. :roll:

Maddy your work out sounds intense!

I've been taking it slow. I'm walking the dog every other day (taking turns with DH) and I'm adding gentle exercise in. Last night I did a yoga class that was on youtube hahaha. It was a really short one but that's all I had time for.

Today I had lunch out and I was better than normal. I wasn't *fantastic* but better than normal haha. Plus the rest of the week I've been pretty good I think.

Oh and one weird thing, I went until mid-afternoon without peeing :shock: I know that can't be healthy, but I didn't think of it and didn't need to go until then even though I was drinking water? I don't know, weird.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:59 pm

I didnt want to, but I forced myself to do some cardio. I did 30 mins, easy pace on the sit down stationary bike. My head was hurting so it wasnt as intense as it should have been, but hey its better than me sitting on the couch all night.

I really hope i keep this up. I have to do this for my fertility if nothing else.

How is everyone doing?
maddy

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC