Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Postby ambernicole8484 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:24 am

That's awesome Maddy! And don't knock those thirty minutes! Claim them with pride! You could have made excuses and had no minutes. You even pushed through feeling bad. Be proud :) Heck! I'm only doing about 20 minutes of very, very light exercise. Seriously, look it up. It's called fitness with faith and it comes on TV. I'm not sure what channel though? I searched for exercise shows and that's the only one I found so I DVRed it.

I'm feeling really good about my day. I was right on with my calories and I managed to do three days of exercising in a row, even if it is light exercise. I'll eventually get to harder stuff. I plan on looking up for work out shows that come on cable and recording them. I think it would be nice to change it up and do different stuff/styles.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:16 am

Getting ready to get my butt in gear and do some exercising. I probably won't do any over the weekend because I hate doing any type of exercise in front of DH. I feel stupid when I have to do things like "mountain climber" and I just can't.

Hope you girls are doing good. Weekends are the hardest! Resist temptation!

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Hey ladies. Well made my moms home made chicken and dumplings. She says its oj to eat as it has broth, milk and chicken in it of course the dumplings lol. Had a fruit smoothie this morning and
then for lunch made homemade chicken salad with measurement and calorie counting. Drank lemonade of crystal light and that stuff is really good.

Hey to everyone.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:10 am

Eating was crap today. Ate mcdonalds for the first time in YEARS.

But on a good note I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was a slow steady pace. Nothing crazy.

My head is killing me, day two of a migraine.

Ambernicole, I know what you mean. I feel so weird exercising in front of DH. If I was super skinny maybe I wouldnt feel that way. And since I will never be super skinny, awkward it is! :lol2:

randa, chicken and dumplings.....OMG so good....
maddy

Postby 80's Baby » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:24 am

Yeeeeeaah. Miserable failure. LOL
Did great all day (fat free yogurt, pb on wheat) then mom invited us over. Oops.
To be fair, the steak on the philly was really lean! ... the cheese wasn't. Lol
Still haven't gotten the 2 to go away. :( But *TMI* I've been really constipated this whole week. It'd be great if it was just extra poo weight. :rofl:
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 80's Baby » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:26 am

I really wish I had a treadmill, or elliptical. I'd set it up in front of my t.v. :)
I don't really want to go to a gym and work out in front of skinny people. Lol
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:42 am

Hey ladies! Well weighed myself before a shower then after and lost two pounds! Seriously wish if I did that more often Id get skinny lol. Well total now is 9 lbs but I need to work out soon as I keep getting everything else in front of my me time of just an hour.

Also learned that an exercise of 30 minutes to make your heart beat faster and work a bit harder for your blood to move around more is good for it and to burn more.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 80's Baby » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:38 am

Showered away two pounds?! How dirty were you?! :rofl: j/k
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Hey girls :D Wish I could figure out what triggers the random updates?! I missed everything after my last post :doh:

Maddy -- Thank you so much for my signature image that you made! I absolutely love it! Do you have meds you can take for the migraine? I have migraines from time to time and was prescribed something that starts with an S. Good for you pushing through feeling bad :)

Randa -- Do you take extremely hot showers? Maybe you sweated out a bit of excess water? I'm always afraid to weigh after showers because I have really thick hair and I'm afraid I'll gain from the water stuck in it LOL!

80's -- I wish I had a treadmill as well. What about a game system? Do you have and xbox or ps3-4 or a wiiU? They have some really great games for the kinect on xbox.

EOE -- Hope everyone is doing good! Focus on the positive, not the bad. Don't let any slip ups drag you all the way down.

AFM -- Still doing really well. DH bought some cookies and I've really struggled to stay away from the box. Luckily there is only one left and I hate the thought of eating his last cookie. I'm feeling super hungry today and I'm not sure if it's because I'm trying to resist the cookie or something else. Trying to make sure I keep he biggest part of my meals fruits and veggies. For lunch I had 2 navel oranges, a red potato, 1/3 a pack of white mushrooms, and 1/3 of a pack of grape tomatoes with a piece of fish. Despite all of that I still want more! I'll probably have a mango or some more of the veggies from lunch in a bit. It's almost dinner time here though.

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:06 am

80's I go to the gym at night where my DH works part time. No way could I do it in front of anyone! I call him up and ask him if anyone is up there and if there isnt, then I go up there!

randa, that is all I can manage right now is 30 minutes. I remember years ago I could do 1 1//2 on the bike and not even think twice about it! If only I could do that now!

ambernicole, you are so welcome! I love making them, I could do it all day lol! I have tried imitrex in the past and it made my arms feel funny. So for now nothing really. My DH has been chowing down on the cookies too!

I did another 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. My migraine has eased up a good bit, finally. I haveent had much for an appetite because of the migraine so I didnt eat much today. I ate an apple, then took my metformin. THen ate some popcorn and toom my met again. Then another apple and my met. Not trying to starve myself but OMG I just feel horrible and this headache is just making me sick. I am staying hydrated with plenty of water. Hopefully tomorrow I get my appetite back. I did alot of cooking tonight for DH meals for work. I usually cook a few meals all at once and then we eat on them for a few days. I put a whole chicken in the crockpot with carrot (from our garden) and onions, then I made a dish of dirty rice with chicken livers and gizzards, and ground sausage (totally a southern thang!) I also made mock tuna fish salad (we use sardines instead) and DH baked some bread in our bread machine. All that food and I can only stomach an apple right now lol....

Im really wanting to lose enough weight to get this PCOS under control. I am sick of it ruining my fertility. Something has to give.
maddy

Postby maddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:07 am

Nummmmm just got my appetite back. Ate some of the dirty rice, it was good. I didnt overeat though. I have got to keep my portions under control. For real though, I could have eaten like 10x what I put on my plate......
maddy

Postby Fedupofwaiting » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:07 am

Hi everyone, hope your all having a lovely weekend and not being too tempted by the carbs haha. Well I had my 1st weigh in yesterday and lost 4lbs, wasn't as much as I wanted (as being doing it for 2 weeks now) but at least it's coming off. Been very good on my diet though, went out for meal fir for DHs birthday but stayed away from desert and chose 'healthiest' options on the menu. I have just got back from the gym... DHs brother is a personal trainer but never wanted to exercise with him before as I was embarrassed but today my sister came ( she is as unfit as me haha) and actually it was good when we got into it. I am so tired now though and worked really hard so pleased with myself today. Just a shame I can't have some chocolate to congratulate myself :)
Me - 28yrs
Dh - 29yrs

Ttc #1 for over 3 years with MFI

1st IVF cycle in June 2014 was negative. 3 frozen blasts

1st FET in nov 2014 - BFP however miscarriage at 7 weeks :(

2nd FET in March 2015 - BFP :)

No one has ever wanted anything as much as I want you
Fedupofwaiting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Just as fast update for me. I so had a cheat day. We had a birthday party to go to and I couldn't resist the cake. I only had a small piece and a small scoop of ice cream. Other than that I've done pretty well for the day. Will be having fruit and/or veggies for the rest of the day though.

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Fedup, 4 pounds is awesome, and that is great that you got back to the gym! I just started back too and I feel good! Sore, but mentally I feel good!

Ambernicole, it doesnt sound like your cheat day was that bad! I have been know to do much worse than that! :lol2:

I already did my 30 minutes on the treadmill today. I *might* do another session. I dont feel sore, and of course its the middle of the night and I am wide awake!
maddy

Postby randapanda » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:41 am

Hey ladies.

Well weighed in and total loss is 11 lbs and kinda have more energy as I cleaned the house a bit this morning besides getting into it with hubby. Ate someseak and cicornast night with a small buburrito of chicken rice and beans.

Hows everyone else?
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC