Wanted to share how I lost 12 lbs. this month! :)

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Wanted to share how I lost 12 lbs. this month! :)

Postby essiejames23 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Girls! :D Its been months since I've been on here, but I have recently had luck losing some weight so I wanted to come share what I have been doing! After 6 months no luck with TTC, I decided to lose some weight - and my "some" I mean 100lbs. I am 5'10" and a size 14/16, But i should weigh about 145 - Well, last month I said enough after I saw scale hit 245! I am thinking about working on a blog right now so I can document all my weight loss to help you girls, but I wanted to share really quickly! :D

So far, I have lost about 12 lbs this month and I have previously had SO MUCH trouble losing weight so I must be doing something right this time! Today I am weighing in at 233.

The most important thing is to not think of it as a diet! We are losing weight to be healthy and be able to have good habits when the baby comes :) A positive lifestyle change. It doesn't have to be drastic - ease into it. My biggest pointer is take the junk food out of the house (no dont eat it first, LOL - go toss it out). Always pre-cook meals on the weekends to have food ready when you have a snack attack. Also, if you want to have junk - then have it. But don't buy a big bag! Buy a 50 cent bag and make yourself go out and get it right then - don't stock up! The inconvenience may make you not want it. I've noticed myself saying crap if I don't eat this, Ill eat everything else in sight - so Ill get a chocolate bar - and eat half and give the other half to DH.

So first I talked to my PCP who used to work in a bariatric office and said plain and simple low fat, carb, and sugar - high fiber and nutrients - but not atkins low carb - just plain and simple eat healthy! I started really confused unsure what was exactly "healthy." I was eating tons of cheese thinking oh okay, this is protein and dairy - well haha ---- lets just say the fat content didn't work with the scale. So now I am doing tons of nuts, greek yogurt, low carb wraps, seeds, lean protein, veggies, fruits, smoothies, and healthy grains like cous cous and barley. I have to get really inventive with my recipes so I don't get bored, but I do have a few go-to recipes.

So far this is really working! I picked up my exercise and started doing simple workouts throughout the day - a little at a time.

Let me know if you ladies would read a blog like this, I'd really like to start it up!!
essiejames23
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Wanted to share how I lost 12 lbs. this month! :)

Postby kayben » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:26 am

I would read it! I am starting this type of eating today..But also have confusion. I am about the same weight as you are currently, but am only 5'7" so I don't have the height;)
Anything would be better than my current eating. I have 8 kids, 7 of whom are homeschooled. So, there is food around all the time. I am always finishing plates;)
ME 45, DH 45 parents to our 8 amazing kids:
DD18,DS17,DD14,DD12
DD10,DD8,
DS7,DD5
angel baby in heaven mc mother's day 2009
kayben
Friend

Re: Wanted to share how I lost 12 lbs. this month! :)

Postby BabyNoOne » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks for sharing! I would read it! I would like to lose about 20lbs to be in a healthy BMI range. I recently lost 10 and gained it back. Ugh!! A blog would be great to help keep motivated!!
Me- 32
DH- 32
married since 2010

Trying for baby No.1 :)
First month TTC- 2/2015

4/26-BFP.....MC @ 5 weeks
7/28- BFP @ 10DPO....FX'd!!!!

Baby dust to all <3
BabyNoOne
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Weight Loss and TTC