Looking for Weight Loss Support Buddy

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Looking for Weight Loss Support Buddy

Postby carrotk » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 pm

I have been so frustrated with my weight. I guess my body really liked the idea of being pregnancy because it is holding on to every ounce. I've been eating very healthy and working out 4-5 days a week for 4 weeks now and haven't lost a single ounce!!! I guess it's time to really start focusing on my portion sizes to make sure I'm not accidentally over eating even though it's all mostly healthy food. It's now been 6 weeks for me since the miscarriage/surgery and I've finished my first regular AF, so I'm hoping by now all my hormones have regulated and this weight will start moving!
Hypothyroid
March 2014: BFP, baby girl born 11/2014
Nov 2015: started TTC #2
July 2016: BFP - m/c @ 10 weeks
Aug 2017: BFP [8/1 beta 1: 6, 8/4 beta #3: 37]

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/492852]
carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Ugh that sounds so frustrating carro and believe me i know what ur talking about:)) even though I was pregnant(can't believe im typing This) for a short while i gained 8-10lbs and im struggling with eating healthy and stop eating sugary snacks.
Im 150lbs now and i want to lose like 8-10lbs before I start another FET cycle.Besides playing around with my dog I don't do much exercise,im very,very,very lazy lol.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:48 am

So it seems like my extra weight is going away,slowly but hey at least I'm seeing progress.
This morning I was 149lbs and im incredibly happy about that.
How is everything with you carro?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Dana, yayy!! Happy to hear you're seeing some progress. I'm been bouncing between 178-180 for the past like 4-5 weeks :oops: . But, for the past couple of days I've at least been steady at around 178, so I'm hoping I'm going to start making some progress soon! I had a good workout today and healthy meals so far. My goal for the next week is to cut out most of my snacks. Even though I usually choose healthy snacks (mostly hummus with veggies or larabars) sometimes I do realize that I'm eating because I'm bored or anxious instead of hungry. So I'm going to try cutting out snack and hopefully that will get the scale moving some!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:27 pm

I'm the same,I eat if I'm bored or sad or happy,basically i eat my emotions,what I did to stop snacking as much i started eating bananas,apples and grapes and i added hot chocolate into my daily routine.Honestly whiteout bananas I don't think I would of made it this far with my diet.
I haven't been doing too good with my snack choices either bcs i have been having chocolate crepes and a croissant:)) God they are so delicious.
Losing weight is hard when ur body is going trough all sorts of hormonal stages.
We can do this and we will!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:40 am

Oh Dan I love the idea of hot chocolate! I used to have that regularly as sort of an evening treat. Maybe I need to bring that back. I thi k it makes sense to plan for a mindful treat to help cut out the more mindless snacking.

So weighed myself this morning ans was 177! I finally lost one pound! Hopefully we can both keep this momentum going.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:13 am

Yassss!!Happy dance!!!
God i love losing weight,staying healthy!I want to be one of those fit mommies:)) but in my short time being pregnant I ate so much I couldn't stop myself lol so I don't think that is possible.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 pm

I've always wanted to be a fit mom too! I keep trying to tell myself it's never too late and just keep trying to get there one little but at a time. The first few weeks of pregnancy are the hardest! There's so my anxiety and unknown, plus your hormones are going crazy. I was the same way in the early weeks until the nausea hit, and then that was a whole other issue. But every pregnancy can be different too!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:37 pm

So I have to admit, I broke down last night and had a bit of a binge. It was just so frustrated that I've been working so hard and seeing such little results and ended up eating my feelings. Oh well. I started off today with a healthy breakfast and a hard workout and just had a salad for lunch. Trying to not let my binge derail me and reminding myself that even if I don't lose weight that eating healthy will help prepare my body for pregnancy.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Carro I did the same thing yesterday lol,lol.i didn't even weigh myself today hahaha.
I had a rough day bcs my dog had a tummy ache and i was flying today to see my parents and i couldn't meal prep for my dog,all that gave me a bit of anxiety and i kinda ate my feelings but hey today I was good so no harm done hahahaha.
We will get there don't worry!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:25 am

Carro how are you doing?How is the weight loss going?Im doing really bad,I gained 10-12lbs pfff and now my transfer is really close and I don't know how to lose them fast :((
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Hey Dana! Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. I've seen on other boards that you are pregnant with twins and I just wanted to come congratulate you!! I'm so happy for you and praying for you and your babies!

I've finally lost the 5lbs I gained from being pregnant/having the miscarriage so I'm feeling pretty good. Still a good 20-30 pounds away from an udea ttc weight, but at least I'm back down to a weight I know I can get pregnant at. I've been sticking to mostly paleo style eating and working out 3-5 times a week and it seems to work for me (slowly, but that's ok!). I just had family in town for a week and ate sooooooooo many treats and didn't work out at all, my body is craving my old routine so I'm looking forward to switching back. Right now I'm in the tww on my 3rd cycle trying post miscarriage. Mostly just trying to stay busy and relaxed. I'm trying Brazil nuts to aid implantation and keeping my exercise intensity low. Fingers crossed.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fakibaz » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Is it important to find out a weight loss support buddy ? Can i do it alone ??
fakibaz

Previous

Return to Weight Loss and TTC