Looking for Weight Loss Support Buddy

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looking for Weight Loss Support Buddy

Postby carrotk » Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Wow, it looks like this board is pretty dead, but I'm feeling pretty desperate so I figured it couldn't hurt to try!

My quick story is that I'm currently on my 7th cycle of ttc #2. When I went in last month for my regular thyroid check up I mentioned to the NP that I had been ttc for 6 cycles with no luck so far. Her response was that my weight was likely causing issues with my fertility and that I likely had some mild insulin resistance essentially. She recommended losing some weight, trying for another 6 cycles and then coming back if I still wasn't pregnant.

So here's the thing, I've already been trying to lose weight for about 6 months with not much luck. I made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight and then gained another 5lbs back. I'm currently about 28lbs overweight (according to BMI) but I'm really just trying to focus on 5 lbs at a time. I've tried calorie counting and it honestly drives me a little crazy. I did a Whole 30 and that's what originally helped me lose my last 10lbs of baby weight. So right now I'm trying to focus mostly on eating "paleo"/Whole30ish, working out consistently, keeping active during the day (wearing a fitbit, trying to 10,000 steps), and cutting back on snacks.

Anyone else out there looking for a weight loss buddy? My NP kept stressing to me that this is a really common issue and that she's seen lots of women struggling to conceive and finding success after losing even just 5 lbs. I'm hoping someone else on here might be in a similar boat and willing to chat about it!
Hypothyroid
March 2014: BFP, baby girl born 11/2014
Nov 2015: started TTC #2
July 2016: BFP - m/c @ 10 weeks
Aug 2017: BFP [8/1 beta 1: 6, 8/4 beta #3: 37]

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/492852]
carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Looking for Weight Loss Support Buddy

Postby Danaa » Tue May 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Well hello there,this board is pretty much dead lol:))but im here and im on a diet wich I started in January and I lost 12kg(26lbs) so far,it wasn't easy but slowly I'm getting there.Im counting calories that is the only thing that works for me,I don't have a specific diet I'm following,I just stopped eating carbs and fried stuff and yeah my biggest problem Coca Cola,I eat eggs,salads,yougurts,whole wheat tortilla sandwiches,soupes,roasted chicken,etc,you get the idea.
I started this diet Bcs I want to lose all the extra weight for my IVF procedure.Same as you I suffer from hypothyroidism and I'm on Euthyrox 50mg a day.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Tue May 24, 2016 10:18 pm

Congrats on your weight loss! That is quite an accomplishment! Have you been doing any sort of exercise or mainly just dieting?

I think I'm overall a pretty healthy eater. Breakfast is usually eggs, salads for lunch, meat and veggies with sweet potato for dinner. I think it's the snacks that get me. I find myself finishing my daughters string cheese, or grabbing a handful of nuts when I feel tired. Hoping that staying more active will keep me out of the kitchen haha.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 am

I didn't exercised at all:))) im a super lazy person but o do alot of cleaning and moving around the house alot Bcs of my dog.
My biggest issue was with cola,I would drink 3-4glasses a day.
The snacking problem is very difficult to overcome,I find myself in the kitchen looking for something to eat:))a banana,nuts,a bit of croissant 2-3piecea of chips :))especially when im close to AF.Im very proud I have lost al this weight and i will try my best to keep my eating habits the same when I'm pregnant.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Wed May 25, 2016 6:51 am

So It's been about 2.5 weeks since I saw the NP and have started trying to lose weight. My first week I dropped 2 lbs and I was so proud. I just weighed in this morning and I still haven't made any progress since that first week! Ugh. My muscles are still a little sore from weight lifting, so I know I could be retaining some water, but it's still so frustrating. I guess I need to go back to calorie counting!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed May 25, 2016 7:19 am

Don't get disappointed you will get there.Make small adjustions to ur diet exercising routine.My first month dropped 5kg and after that I lost very slowly weight.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Wed May 25, 2016 7:45 pm

So I went back to calorie counting today and overall had a good day. I really don't love calorie counting, but I gotta do something to get the scale moving again. I'm 6 dpo today and I feeling like my hormones are messing with me. I've been so tired all day and I've had a HUGE appetite, it's been a struggle all day not to overeat. About to make some herbal tea and then stay out of the kitchen!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Thu May 26, 2016 8:07 pm

So things have been going pretty well the past couple of days. I'be been hitting my calorie goal and my mood seems better. Today I found out a good friend of my got pregnant (first cycle NTNP) and even though I was happy for her it definitely triggered some string cravings for wine and treats! I've found that I'm really a huge emotional eater. So I've been trying to focus on the positives and stay distracted and out of the kitchen. So good so far. I just need to keep reminding myself of the goal here, I'm not just trying to look good in a bikini, I'm trying to lose this weight to make a baby!

Btw, I've found posting here to be really helpful. Please don't feel obligated to comment. I'll probably keep posting updates just to keep myself motived. I'd love for anyone to join in though!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri May 27, 2016 4:45 am

Well done carro,like you said the goal is to get pregnant not look good for the beach:)) I forgot how it is to be on the beach not covered up,I envy those who don't give any fucks how they look at the beach and in general:)) they wear anything and look good and I cover myself like I have a disease.
Same as you i eat my emotions away,sad=food,happy =food.Im have been sick in the last 2weeks and I barely ate anything and i ended up losing about 1kg but this morning I weighed myself again and I gained 400gr back and why I don't know Bcs like I said I don't eat much.It must be the cough syrup and the cola I'm drinking with my medication(I hate taking pills and I can only take them with something sweet)I'm still happy i lost all this weight,I would never have thought I will end up being 149lbs(69kg) again my goal is 143lbs(65kg) until I start IVF.I hope to get there.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 am

Oh Dana that's so frustrating. That always seems to happen to me when I'm sick. I always think I'm going to lose weight since I'm not really eating and no matter what I end up the same or gaining. I wonder if it's because your metabolism slows down from not eating enough?

I finally saw some movement on the scale again today!! Not much, just about 1 lb but I'm just so happy it's moving again. I guess calorie counting is really what I need to be doing. I'll weigh in officially on Sunday.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri May 27, 2016 11:48 am

Yep probably my body went into saving mode.I tried eating a bit but I really don't feel the taste of the food.Is frustrating.
I get excited even when I loose half a pound:))
I'm so close to my goal that I'm scared I won't stop losing weight or I won't be able to maintain it.Ofc if I get pregnant I won't care:))
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri May 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Im using myfitnesspal app for my calorie count,if u have it let me know,I will add you as friend.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Sat May 28, 2016 6:08 pm

I'm not on my fitness pal. I tried to use it and got frustrated with the set up and liked "lose it" better. I wish I was though! It seems like most people tend to use MFP and I'm losing out on the community. I've actually peen used using old faduoned pen and paper the past few days. Actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow..it's about the only think keeping me from diving head first into some comfort food right now!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Sun May 29, 2016 8:17 am

So I'm officially down 3 lbs. Only lost 1lb this week, but better than nothing!!! I slacked on exercise and only really counted my calories for 3 days so I know where I can improve for next week. I'm really hoping to hit my first 5 lb goal by next Sunday so I know I need to work hard and focus!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sun May 29, 2016 12:23 pm

3lbs is very good.Good job!!I weigh myself very often:)) but my official day is every 30days.
I love myfitnesspal,I don't think I would be able to go this far whitout it.
I think you will do very good.You can do it.
Im really close to my goal,hoping to drop the 7lbs by the time I start IVF,that will be in one month or so.Today we ate arabic food,yum yum.I still have like 600 calories to eat:)) and im seriously thinking to get a chocolate crepe but i won't lol.Also I want to start to work out a bit to help speed up the process.Yeah overall a good day.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Weight Loss and TTC