Looking for Weight Loss Support Buddy

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Looking for Weight Loss Support Buddy

Postby carrotk » Mon May 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Mmm that sounds yummy! I'm not familiar with arabic food, but I love trying new cuisines!

I'm 11 DPO today (I only have a 12 day LP) and I'm 99.999% sure I'm out for the month. I'm getting all my AF signs and got a BFN on my test this morning. DH and I did a little emotional eating last night - sushi, wine, and ice cream! It was nice to take the night off and enjoy a fun meal together. We spent a little time being sad, but now we're ready to get back into diet mode and focus on this next cycle. I'm hoping to lose about 5lbs this month!
Hypothyroid
March 2014: BFP, baby girl born 11/2014
Nov 2015: started TTC #2
July 2016: BFP - m/c @ 10 weeks
Aug 2017: BFP [8/1 beta 1: 6, 8/4 beta #3: 37]

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/492852]
carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Welp. CD 1 today as I expected.

My calories were really high yesterday, but I'm always really hungry the day before AF starts so I'm not surprised. I'm glad I got my emotions and dissapontment out of thr way over the weekend so I didn't have to battle any emotional eating today. I have high hopes for this cycle, just gotta keep up the weight loss work!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Hey,sorry AF got you:(( I know is horrible every time she shows up.Liek you I find comfort in food,especially before AF I want everything and anything:)) My DH is arab from Siria and I love Arabic food.
I have been struggling to eat these days Bcs of this damn heat,tonight I'm being naughty and I'm eating all the bad stuff:))))I hope to lose at least 2more kg until I start IVF wich is in 2weeks yikes.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Man I was feeling great yesterday and then today I felt like crap. Wasn't my beat day for eating and I only took a short walk for exercise. Man this ttc stuff is such a roller coaster. I hate that I can feel totally normal and optimistic one day and then completely down and out the next.

Dana, wow that's so exciting to be starting IVF soon. I'm sure you'll be able to lose the last few kgs, but even if you don't you've come so far already and done so much good for your body! Look forward to hearing about!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Hey,sorry I didn't respond earlier,I was visiting my parents and I haven't been on here much.I haven't weighed myself yet lol i think I gained like 1kg in a few days lol.
We all have bad days especially when we re dealing with ttc so don't worry about it.
What else is going on with you?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Oh I always struggle with weight gain when I visit my parents or in-laws!!
Not much going on here. I've been having a lot of ups and downs with weight loss. Some days are great some are terrible, so I'm not making much progress. I'm currently reading book on how to form good habits to try and help me work on it, so hopefully that helps.
I'm CD 8 today, so I'm just gearing up for opk and bd marathon over the next week haha. I think I'm going to give soft cups a try this time.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:14 pm

I tried softcups a few times and I loved the fact that there was no leakage:))Usually when I go see my parents my mom tries to force me to eat:)) she says I'm starving myself,im not really starving myself I'm just eating as much as i need to,if it were up to me I would eat non stop.Ugh I have been struggling with constipation and carbs:(( Ramadan has started and there is this special desert that they make it just for Ramadan is a sweet bread type with sesame seeds and coconut flakes and honey on top,dear God is delicious and so bad for me,i ate a bunch of it in the last days but only today I went over my calories with 200.I haven't been making any progress with weight loss either:( and also I think I need a new scale or a new battery for the one I have now.Im feeling so hormonal these days:(
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:55 am

Official weigh in today and I only lost 300gr(0.6lbs) in one month,horrible but I will get back on track soon enough.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Oh that so frustrating, but you're pretty close to your goal right? It always comes off frustratingly slow when you're close to where you need to be.

I had kind of a crappy weekend. On Friday I was at my lowest weight so far, and now I'm afraid to face the scale!! Started my week off with a healthy breakfast and Yoga so hopefully I can get back on track. Just got my positive OPK so O is just around the corner!

When do you start IVF?
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Yep I'm pretty close but I don't know if I will have the chance to lose the rest of the weight,IVF starts next week and I will get a few pounds Bcs of the injectables I will be using,I will try my best to maintain this weight for as long as I can.Healthy breakfast and yoga sounds good.yay for positive opk,get to BD!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Heatherjesse » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:55 pm

Hey girls! I would love to join in with you guys….. I just got my bfp for the first time in over 2 years of trying……. the ONE month that we tried to prevent because i was having terrible heart problems that called for me getting a heart cath done…… I felt TERRIBLE after the cath nauseous ect only to find out I was actually pregnant….. the heart stuff came back WAY better then I thought it would but I need to lose some serious weight (50pds) because I have SVT (super ventricular tachycardia) which speeds my heart up when I'm over weight its worse then when I am doing well. So with that being said Id love to be buddies you guys! r u doing a certain program? I am only allowed to do walking and build myself back up after the extreme illness I have gone through (they also thought that I prob had a virus that attacked my heart) anyhow trying to avoid sugars, carbs, and up my veggies and protein!
Heatherjesse

Postby carrotk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Welcome Heather and congrats on your BFP!! How far along are you?
I'm not trying to do anything specific, I did the Whole30 a few months ago and responded well to lower-ish carb and more protein and veggies. I sort of try to stick to Paleo-ish because I feel best eating that way but I'm not strict about it. Restricting in a way usually just leads me to binge. I track my calories off and on just to keep myself honest but I hate doing it everyday. I mostly do walking for exercise but I've gotten into the habit of going to Yoga on Mondays and BodyPump on Fridays. Considering signing up for a family 5k in July just to get a little extra push and for something fun to do with the fam. Weight loss has been SUPER slow for me, but I'm also not incredibly focused or diligent about it so I'm sure that's the major reason for the slow progress.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Welcome Heather,congrats on ur pregnancy.
I count calories on this app called myfitnesspal for me is the best thing ever.
I have been so bad these days I ate until I couldn't button my pants and that makes me feel really bad:(( I should be able to control myself.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Heatherjesse » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:25 am

Thank you guys! I am trying to keep my proteins high as well but my undoing comes with sweets and diet sodas I know its SO bad but gah! I am due Feb 10th so just over 6 weeks feeling super tired and nauseous but trying to push through it….. I also have 5 kiddos 13 and under so they keep me busy as well! I need to get on fitness pal I have heard so many good things about it! Sparkspeople.com is another site that I really really like. After I had my 4th baby I lost 90 pounds with the help of it …… now I just have to figure out the motivation to do this. Thanks for welcoming me in ladies! I have high hopes and need to remember this isn't just to look good in jeans but its for my health and heart at this point. Hope you all are having a great day!
Heatherjesse

Postby carrotk » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 pm

I used to use spark people too! I actually made some really good friends over there a few years ago. The accountability of it is so great. You're so right about this not just being to look good, but for longterm health. I usually do better when I focus on all the grew benefits I see when I'm eating well and exercising.

Unfortunately for me, the past week has not been great. Just lots of emotional snacking and making decision based on feelings tired and run down. I don't think I've gained any weight but I've been afraid to weigh myself because I don't want to face the disappointment. My in-laws are coming into town this week and staying with us, I love them so much, but they eat very differently from us (high carb, lots of dairy) and it can be tough to have tons of bread, cereals, and cookies around. I ALWAYS end up gaining weight when they come to visit. So right now I'm trying to focus on getting back on track, facing the scale, and meal planning so I can try as much as I can to avoid any gain while they visit.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC