Want to lose 20lbs with me? Weigh in here....

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Want to lose 20lbs with me? Weigh in here....

Postby BlueSkye » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:15 am

:D I am going to lose 20lbs over the next few months....Anyone wanna join me in the effort? It helps SO much to have people to lean on, and be accountable to.
I plan on weighing myself every Th or Fr and posting it here. I've tried so many other things, maybe this will be it!
BlueSkye...NOW 164 --- AUG 166 - GOAL 145
ArmyWife...NOW 154 --- AUG 160 - GOAL 140
IrishEyes...NOW 135 --- AUG 142 - GOAL 120
bb2............NOW 135 --- AUG 142 - GOAL 122
Mennie.......NOW 158 --- AUG 157 - GOAL 137
Cacton.......NOW 213.5--SEPT 213.5 -GOAL 170
Lisadh........NOW 180 --- SEPT 180 -- GOAL 170
Last edited by BlueSkye on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:19 am, edited 9 times in total.
TTC #2 for 3yrs<br />2 miscarriages Apr'10 &amp; Feb'11<div>BFP July'11 Yay!!</div><div>Cautiously Optimistic</div>
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ArmyWife » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:41 am

Hey I wanna lose about 20lbs also, I am around 160 right now and I would like to be around 140-145 again. So we are pretty much the exact same.
What have you been doing? workouts?? eating better??
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ArmyWife » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:43 am

sorry posted twice
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby irisheyes » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:29 am

:hi: Can i join i want to loose around 20 lbs too I started my diet on Wednesday going well so far

irisheyes

Postby BlueSkye » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:04 am

Hey girls, Thanks for jumping in!!! :jump:
ArmyWife, I am a fit person. I have been working out for most of my adult life. I used to be a personal trainer even. I have slowly put on this body fat since starting a sedentary job 6 yrs ago. I am a pilot, and eat in restaurants 3 meals /day on trips. SO....
Just this past month, I realized that something has to change. It's my diet! Last year, I had an appointment with a trainer, to gain some motivation, but all she talked about the first 45 min was what I ate. It kinda irked me bc I wanted to get to the workout, and have her kick my behind a little. But she kept picking apart my diet.
So LONG answer to your question, I have really cut back on sugar. Namely high fructose corn syrup. It's in everything-Whole wheat bread for example that's marketed to look super healthy.
The other thing I'm doing, is I added 15 min to my cardio. It has made an impact already in 10 days. I feel better. I am learning that nutrition is 95% of this bodyfat issue I have.

IrishEyes: Glad to have you!!! Whenever you can get to it, let me know your current and goal weight.

I'll keep updating this first page of thread. Next weigh in in Thursday or Friday, as soon as we wake up.
TTC #2 for 3yrs<br />2 miscarriages Apr'10 &amp; Feb'11<div>BFP July'11 Yay!!</div><div>Cautiously Optimistic</div>
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby irisheyes » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:01 pm

:D Thanks... Im 142 lbs trying to get to 120 Im only 5 foot 4 inches so thats healthy for my frame....... I've started working out again doing my twist stepper and treadmill trying my best to eat healthy now...

irisheyes

Postby BlueSkye » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:33 pm

:) OK I've got the three of us up and running on the first post....Anyone else wanna join in--welcome :)
Couldn't exercise today. Woke up today with an extremely stiff neck. I cannot even look to the right or I get excruciating pain!!! I drove 3 hours roundtrip for my RE appt this a.m., and COULD NOT get comfortable in the car. I really wanted to go to the gym too. grr. Oh well.
How about you ladies?
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby irisheyes » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:21 am

BlueSkye hope you neck gets better soon yesterday I did a 1 hour workout 30 minuets on my twist stepper and 30 minutes on the treadmill I hope to do the same again today

irisheyes

Postby ArmyWife » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:44 am

Hey Ladies,

Blueskye, Sorry to hear about your neck, that really sucks. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Irisheyes, I have not said Hi to you yet!

Yesterday I worked out for an hour, 1/2hr running and 1/2hr walking at an incline. On the weekends I go to the gym with DH and he can only go for an hour because he has injuries and is just getting back into it.
I am excited to go to the gym today but I feel like crap this morning, my throat hurts for some strange reason.

So last week I cant remember what day (early in the week) but I wieghed myself and it was 164(ahhh) but by the weekend I was 160, so I am excited for our wiegh in, will it be thursday or Friday???
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BlueSkye » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi you two,
How about Friday for the weigh in? Wow you both are working out hard! Bet that feels great.
Went to doctor today. ugh Ruptured disc in neck btwn C5-C6. I'm messed up. I knew it was serious when I started having radiating burning pain down arm, and my thumb is numb. wont be going to the gym, so I'll just eat carefully this week. bummer.
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bb2 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:47 pm

Hi ladies. May I join in?? My name is Beth, I'm 38 and would LOVE to lose 20 lbs. (142 lbs currently) I had dropped 10.... got pg... m/c, then got pg again within 1 cycle and m/c again 7 weeks later..... by the time all was said and done I had gained back the 10 +2 .....so back to square one. I want it all gone this time before ttcing again. That's kind of the deal I've made with myself.....first get fit, then work on get pg.
bb2

Postby irisheyes » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:58 pm

:hi: ArmyWife and hi and welcome bb2

Today I did did just over an hour 35 minutes on the stepper and 35 minutes on the treadmill ate quite healthy too cant wait till Friday for the weigh in hopefully I lost something this week :)

irisheyes

Postby ArmyWife » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:57 pm

Blueskye, Man that really sucks about the neck, hopefully you heal up fast but eating healthy is definitely the way to go!!

Beth, Welcome I am also trying to lose some wieght that I gained from being pregnant and then having to terminate so I would really like to lose it before I get pg again.

Irisheyes, wow you did a lot of working out today, I went to the gym but I was just so tired today and I couldnt do much. But I am still glad I went for a bit.
I am also very excited for Friday, only I hope I lost some. I have definitely lost from the 164 I wieghed last week at one point, I was 158 yesterday (I know I cheated and wieghed myself) so I have to see if I lost any from that.

So Since August 13th I have gone to the gym or went for a run everyday except for 2 days, and I have been eating healthier, so I hope this is a good start for me!!!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BlueSkye » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi everybody!!!
i am in so much pain!!!it feels like someone is holding a blowtorch to my shoulder, and my hand and arm are tingly and numb. i only have full use of one arm so typing is quite a challenge, not to mention giving myself injections every night with the wrong hand!! anyway, i am reading your posts, and feel so happy to have a nice little group so far.

welcome bb2 :jump:

:D so just to recap :D
BlueSkye 166 - GOAL 145
ArmyWife 160 - GOAL 140
IrishEyes 142 - GOAL 120
bb2 142 - GOAL 122
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BlueSkye » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi everybody..
One more full day til weigh in!!!! Eat healthy!!!! :D
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to Weight Loss and TTC