TTC with an ED

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC with an ED

Postby psychobabble » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:38 am

Ok confession time. I have an ED (Eating Disorder) had it for a number of years - not really over it, but I am really trying to get to grips with the problem. I know a few of you may think that I'm wrong for ttc whilst still having this problem but I always will have this problem and it will never go away - only into "remission". I need to get some info on how to handle it if and when I get a BFP....any experiences would be gratefully received - I am concerned that i will feel horrible when I get big....I know it's not the same and I am looking fwd to it, but I don't want my ED to cause problems for or get worse when I BFP!
psychobabble
Friend

Postby ArmyWife » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:22 am

Hi,
I dont think it is wrong for you to be TTC with an ED. I dont have an ED but I did lose a bunch of wieght and I have become obsessed with my weight and keeping it off, I am more obsessed with exercising. I am very worried about gaining wieght also. I think it will be hard for you, there is no doubt about that, the thing to remember is you need to eat for the baby and be healthy for the baby. You also need to have supportive people around you, and if need be then maybe even see a psychologist when you get pregnant. There is actually an article in this months Marie Claire magazine that I read yesterday about a lady who was pregnant and had an ED. Its the one with ashley olsen on the cover so maybe you should read that, I dont know if it will help but atleast you know you are not the only one.
Well I hope that maybe helped a bit but I dont know!! If you ever need to just talk there is always people around!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hcg_obsessed » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:41 pm

I would see a nutritionist. I have a history of disordered eating and plan to see a professional when I get pregnant.
hcg_obsessed
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Weight Loss and TTC