Want to lose 20lbs with me? PART 2

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postby ArmyWife » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:32 am

BlueSkye....NOW 162.5 --- AUG 166 - GOAL 145
ArmyWife...NOW 151.5 --- AUG 164 - GOAL 140
IrishEyes...NOW 132 --- AUG 142 - GOAL 120
bb2............NOW 130--- AUG 142 - GOAL 122
Mennie.......NOW 158 --- AUG 157 - GOAL 137
Cacton.......NOW 213.5--SEPT 213.5 -GOAL 170
Lisadh........NOW 180 --- SEPT 180 -- GOAL 170
Tasmom.....NOW 165--- SEPT 165 -- GOAL 150

Ok there is the update so far ladies, we still have quite a few to hear from but I have noticed we havent heard from them much! Where are you ladies??

Blueskye, maintaining your wieght is awesome too, its not bad that you didnt lose!! You are doing awesome. I think the pilates are definitely a good idea, strength training and stuff like pilates helps speed up your metabolism too so you will definitely see a difference.
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bb2 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:00 am

Hi ladies. We'll be leaving here in a couple days...so I won't be around Thursday or Friday to weigh in. Should be back by Monday though so I'll talk to you girls then....Good luck everyone!!
bb2

Postby baby_dust » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:17 am

Hi Ladies can I join you?

I'm a bit embarrassed because I will be the heaviest out of us all :oops:
I am currently weighing in at 257lbs :shock: :cry:

I know for a fact that I need to stop TTC until I get my weight down to at least 180lbs so me and DH have decided to stop now and concentrate on weight loss (not DH, just me, he can eat what he wants and never gain!)
There will be no more clomid for me until way after Christmas (probably closer to easter lol)

I start on a liquid diet tomorrow which is ideal for me because it works, and it works quickly but it's very very hard!

I just need to keep focused and remember why I'm doing this, which is where you girls come into it!! lol

Anyway I really look forward to getting to know you all

Hazel
xxx

baby_dust

Postby ArmyWife » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:08 pm

This is wierd, I am not seeing the new messages but if I come on here to type I reply I see a whole bunch of new messages!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ArmyWife » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Baby_Dust...NOW 275--- OCT 275 -- GOAL 180

Ok seems to be working now!!
Welcome Baby_Dust, of course you can join and dont be embarrased. We are all here to support one another and we will definitely do that for you!! Have you started any exersize routines?? You will have to let us know how the liquid diet goes, what does that entail??I have never done one and I can imagine they are very diffcult.

Well I have a feeling I might gain this week, it was thanksgiving for me so I made Turkey dinner yesterday. I tried to eat less and make sure I didnt stuff myself so hopefully that helped. and I didnt go over my wieght watcher points so it should be good. I have really been craving bad stuff lately though so this is hard. I was about to go to the gym today but then I remembered its a holiday and it closes in 45mins so I will have to motivate myself to hopefully go for a run and work out at home tonight!!

How did everyone else's weekend go??

We have a few people in our group who havent posted in awhile, I hope you are all doing good!!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BlueSkye » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:44 am

:welcome:
Hi :hi: to babydust!!! Please don't be embarrassed with us....We are totally supportive, and it's the perfect place for you to work through your weight loss journey! Just be honest, and get it all out! I found it truly liberating to post my actual weight, and talk about eating, exercising, etc. Hope you do to, and that it's a new beginning for you!

ArmyWife-That is weird about not seeing the messages! How's WW online? Do you just type in what you eat? Not sure how it works..Sounds interesting. YOU ARE HALFWAY THERE!!! OMG That is so exciting! I think it's just me, you, bb2, irisheyes, lisadh, and baby_dust now...Not sure where everybody is?! I guess weight loss isn't happening for them, and they don't want to weigh in.. :? Maybe if they don't check in, we should PM and see if they want to still participate. BC I'd like to keep it a tight group of motivated girls, ya know?
bb2-Have fun...I forgot where you're going...

I am feeling good..Had a great weekend...DH was gone, so it's so much easier not to overeat. I can just keep busy and do my own thing, no cooking, so that helps..I have also stepped up the exercise. I had two IUI's this weekend, so no jogging, but extra strength training...I think I am actually building muscle, and perhaps that's why the scale isn't showing a loss.
TTC #2 for 3yrs<br />2 miscarriages Apr'10 &amp; Feb'11<div>BFP July'11 Yay!!</div><div>Cautiously Optimistic</div>
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baby_dust » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:57 am

Hi Ladies.

Thanks for the warm welcome I really appreciate it!

Army wife you are doing great!
As for my diet, I was going to do a all liquid diet, but I just couldn't manage it so I have switched to slim fast where you can have an evening meal and snacks if you really need to and so far I have lasted nearly the whole day (I know it's not much but it's the best I have done in months! I usually don't make it past the afternoon!)

BlueSkye - Wow, well done on the exercise, I will start doing that in a few weeks (taking things one step at a time for now lol but I have a gym in my house so I'm just lazy! lol)
Good luck with the IUI, I hope you get that bfp in 2 weeks time!

As for me, well I have had a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch with a small bowl of pasta in low fat mushroom soup and tonight I will probably have either a shake or some chicken and vegetables, depends on my mood.
I really hope this works because I'm so desperate to start TTC again but I need to drop this weight!

I'm just updating the list because I weigh in at 257 not 275 lol (although how good would that weight loss be in one day! lol)

Baby_Dust...NOW 257--- OCT 257 -- GOAL 180

baby_dust

Postby ArmyWife » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:05 am

Baby_Dust, I am so sorry I put your wieght in wrong, I need to pay more attention. I do slimfast too, I do it for breakfast only though, I dont know if it helps me but it definitely doesnt hinder me. I can understand why you wouldnt wanna to do the liquid diet, I am sure it would make you feel very tired and a little weak too. Thats so awesome you have a gym in your house, we have a stationary bike and some wieghts that I try and use here and then I am lucky because the gym is pretty much a 30second walk away so it helps motivate me.

Blueskye, WW is going good, it has really helped me to not snack as much and not over eat. I like it because I can still eat whatever I want I just have to stay within my points and its almost like a game to stay within the points so its fun for me. I am definitely eating more veggies and good stuff. But yah you just log in and you put in what you eat and it adds the points and keeps track of it, you can also log your activity and then I do my wiegh in every friday on there too.
I agree maybe if the others dont check in we should PM them!
You had 2 IUI's done?? That must increase you chances right?? I really hope this works for you!!! So they tell you not to do any jogging after that?? or just in the 2ww in general??
Great job on the exercise, and you could be building muscle and so you will see it more in the body chances than on the scale!!! :D

BB2, Have fun!! I forget where your going too but I am sure its fun! :D We will talk to you again next week!!

How is everyone today? WHo is going to exercise or go to the gym tonight?? Biggest loser is on tonight which is great for motivation and I always exercise while I watch it. They have amazing transformations. I am going to go to the gym today too, I want to try and run for an hour today but I will be happy with 30mins.
Have a great day ladies!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BlueSkye » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:06 am

Hi girls!
Grrr.I am still not get notifications of new posts on this thread...Anyone else having that problem?
My clinic does b2b IUI's as standard protocol, plus we have low sperm count issues, so I am happy to get them...The doctor doesn't give any precautions regarding exercise, but I don't feel like exercising for a couple of days afterwards anyway...The procedure causes lots of cramping for me..
Biggest loser is a great motivator...I have also been watching 'I want to look like a high school cheerleader again' It's on the country network-CMT. I think it comes on Fri nights...
I did the SlimFast diet for a month and lost 12 lbs...I looked great! But just like fitness experts tell you, I put it all back on and more! GL BabyDust..Conquer that hunger! I HATE to be hungry...Makes me feel nervous and irritable...So for me I am just cutting out hidden sugars and reducing my intake of meat proteins. I am less bloated and my tummy is flatter even though I haven't lost much weight. I am just healthier I guess.
ArmyWife...BC I have this possible surgery coming up in three weeks, I am doing two workouts a day...I exercise 5 days a week...I have never been more determined to lose this bodyfat...I just downloaded a bunch of new fun songs to my IPOD, and I am working out like crazy...
You girls have a fantastic day!
TTC #2 for 3yrs<br />2 miscarriages Apr'10 &amp; Feb'11<div>BFP July'11 Yay!!</div><div>Cautiously Optimistic</div>
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bb2 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:45 am

Hi ladies...thought I'd stop in real quick...we're going to pick up my nephews and neice in Seattle....they're coming to live with us and have been through quite a bit of CRAP lately...their Stepmother hasn't treated them very well and with my brother working out of town it has caused lots of problems.....so we're taking them, as well as, DS, all on a fun weekend with a bunch of their cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents, before coming home and getting settled in for a wonderful Holiday season....we'll have a house full of kids this year...who could ask for more....except maybe to get that BFP in Oct!!!! As far as dieting....things have rocked this week and I know I'll be well into my 120's....YAY!!! I even went yesterday and bought a couple new outfits...toooo fun!! With all that's going on I don't know how much time I'll have to check in...but I'm real close to that goal.....so I'll try to stop by..This board has been great!!!! Thanks for all the support!!! Good Luck Everyone. Peace and Every Blessing. Beth

Welcome Babydust!! This is a great place for support and motivation!
bb2

Postby BlueSkye » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:33 am

Hi Ladies!! It's weigh in day!! 161.5 I lost a pound..Gotta go, I have post IUI BW appt...I'll check in later and see your posts I hope!!
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby irisheyes » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:58 am

Hi Everyone :D

BlueSkye congrats on your 1 lb loss :jump: :jump: thats great....

BB2 wow only 5 more Lbs :D to go you will be at your target weight in no time I hope you have a great weekend with all your family.....

Armywife your doing so well I love turkey dinners too Did you have a good time for your thanksgiving.....

Baby_dust :welcome: or is it :congrats: I can see in your ticker your 4 weeks pregnant have a happy and healthy 9 months :balloons:

Now to me lol I lost 2 lbs this week I should be going into the 120's next week well I hope to This week I exercised every day and had no treats Im going to try do the same next week...... but hope to have a little treat tonight

irisheyes

Postby tasmom1 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Hello Ladies,
I posted here last month then couldn't find you guys :oops: I'm trying to lose some weight because I got pg this time last year after losing close to ten lbs. Yes I'm ttc and what a roller coaster ride it is :roll: Anyway,any suggestions? I think my EXCESS eight has caused my hormones to be wacked :? I'd really appreciate any weight loss tips or diet plans. :wink: Looks like you all are handling your business :D Thanks ahead :jump: :jump:
DD)16yrs
DS)12yrs
DS2) 4yrs -My first TTC baby~ BFp 2/26 @10/12dpo~ HCG- 2/27-24, 3/1- 137, 3/13- 20,416 :)
tasmom1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BlueSkye » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Hey Tasmom!! Nice to see you again...I never get notifications of new posts here, so I just check in every couple of days...Well, in response to your question regarding tips/suggestions, I know EXACTLY how to lose bodyfat-change your metabolism. Eat alot less, and exercise more...It's so hard to be hungry, our bodies have been used to eating more, our stomach cavity is stretched so it takes more food to satisfy us...I have a problem with sweets, I've been really good the last month, and my weight is slowly coming off...I have also stepped up the exercise, and i feel great-just wish the weight would come off quicker...
So that's my 2 cents, maybe the other girls here will chime in! A couple of them have done very well as you can see above..Anyway, it's a great group of girls...I'm glad you weren't a hit and run to our thread, and that you're back and ready to motivate us as well!!! Look forward to getting to know you! :D
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ArmyWife » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:31 pm

BlueSkye....NOW 161.5 --- AUG 166 - GOAL 145
ArmyWife...NOW 150.2 --- AUG 164 - GOAL 140
Baby_Dust...NOW 257--- OCT 257 -- GOAL 180

Well I updated so far but I am waiting for more people to post their progress!!

I lost 1.3 pounds so not bad, I am doing bad today though, I have a friend here and I have just been wanting to eat so much bad stuff. We are having pizza for dinner, not too good but thats ok, I will do much better the rest of the week.

Well I will post more later on when I dont have company, hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC