Are certain exercises off limits?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Are certain exercises off limits?

Postby MagC » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:32 pm

I go to the gym about 3-5 times per week. I use the eliptical and do a high rep/low weight workout. I already stopped using the ab and back machines, just because it seemed wrong, but I honestly don't have a clue. Anyone know what is okay and what is not?
MagC

Postby ArmyWife » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:26 am

I dont think much is really off limits when TTC. Maybe dont go so high intensity that you feel like puking. Lots of women work out and get preggo. I guess you could stay away from the abs and back machine, I dont think its a big deal until you actually farther a long in your pegnancy but I dont do those either as much in the 2ww and would stop if I got pg.
The doctor will tell you when you get pg to not take anything out and not add anything new, they want you to continue the same work out, just watch your intensity.

Hope this helps!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MagC » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks! Unfortunately, I wasn't doing anything when I got pregnant with Noah due to just being very busy, so my OB told me I could only walk throughout that pregancy. I want to make sure that doesn't happen this time around!
MagC

Return to Weight Loss and TTC