Wanna lose 20 lbs with me?--PART 3

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Wanna lose 20 lbs with me?--PART 3

Postby BlueSkye » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:35 am

:D JOIN US!!! It's not too late....We weigh ourselves every Friday and post it here...
And during the week we offer tips, support and encouragement...

It helps SO much to have people to lean on, and be accountable to...The more the merrier, but PLEASE only join us if you are serious, and plan on posting at least twice a week...

BlueSkye...............NOW 164.5---AUG 166---GOAL 145
ArmyWife..............NOW 144---AUG 164---GOAL 140
IrishEyes...............NOW 127.5---AUG 142---GOAL 120
bb2........................NOW 127---AUG 142---GOAL 122
Tasmom.................NOW 170---SEPT 165---GOAL 150
Baby_Dust.............NOW 257---OCT 257---GOAL 180
army_wife_ttc.......NOW 264---OCT 259---GOAL 180
Ptntlywtngfrnm1....NOW 250---OCT 250---GOAL ??
Wyomingbabydust.NOW176---OCT 182---GOAL 156
Armywifettc1..........NOW 176---NOV 179---GOAL 160
Kristylee.................NOW 188---NOV 188 --GOAL 165
Star37....................NOW 163---NOV 163---GOAL ???
Tel985 ...................NOW ???---NOV ???---GOAL ???
MrsJenW................NOW 132---NOV 132---GOAL 125
heatherqms............NOW 172---NOV 175---GOAL 155
:D
Last edited by BlueSkye on Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
TTC #2 for 3yrs<br />2 miscarriages Apr'10 &amp; Feb'11<div>BFP July'11 Yay!!</div><div>Cautiously Optimistic</div>
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby heatherqms » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:40 am

I am not on the list.

Ok, I am 5'9" & I started last week at 175 and I weighed in today, down to 172. My goal is 155 by the end of the year. Sorry it took me awhile to get the update to you.

Oh btw, the BT diet is the "Blood Type" diet. Basically it determines which foods you should eat (to lose weght) based on your body chemistry. Every blood type has a different chemistry. I am O+ and for example, O's have more stomach acid and I can digest foods like lean red meats, easier than other blood types. It is a long story, basically it comes down to ancestry. Back in the day people could only travel short distances, therefore their bodies became accustom to the foods that were near by. And their body chemistry adjusted accordingly. Giving more stomach acid to those that raised animals to eat and less to those that were less domestic and ate only berries and fruits and so on. I don't know...I just know it worked for me.

I did this diet about 3 years ago and lost 12 pounds in one month. Just by eating what is on the "beneficial" foods list (plus I cheated a lot). I did not exercise or anything.

TTC -1 since july 07
BFP 1/13/09!!!
Ben born - 9/14/09
BFP baby #2 - 8/14/10
heatherqms

Postby MPwife » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:03 pm

Ladies, I'm doing TERRIBLE!! What's wrong w/ me???? :af: showed up Sunday, just as I expected, so I've been consoling myself w/ food! AGH! Also, my birthday is Friday, so my manager had a little "meeting" today and surprised me w/ this delicious birthday cake!! :shock: What am I doing to myself?!!? I've got to get back on track.... SCOLD ME, SCOLD ME!!
Image Image

M/C @ 11.5 wks June 2007
Layla born August 2008
TTC #2 since October 2009
DX w/ PCOS and LPD
Clomid cycle #1 = 50mg CD 4-8, b/w March 4
MPwife

Postby babydust_princess » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:46 pm

Ladies, I'm out... got my :bfp:!!! I am shocked and excited! Wishing you all the best!
Me - 38 DH- 44
Image Image Image Image
babydust_princess
Friend

Postby armywifettc1 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:47 pm

I've been working out regularly and trying my best to avoid the scale. I got on the scale today and noticed I haven't lost or gained. I need to figure out how to lose. I think last week I did well because my body was in shock from beginning to work out. Any suggestions?
Denise:28 DH:31
DD:Gabrielle Denise - Born 11/30/09 @ 11:47PM. Weighing 6lbs 5oz and 19 1/4in long!

ImageImage
armywifettc1

hi

Postby kristylee » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:32 am

army_wife_ttc - Don't be down on yourself it is almost impossible to stay motivated and do good during that time of the month!!! Just hang in there and if nothing else just start fresh next week!!!

wyomingbabydust- CONGRATS!!!!!! :bfp: :bfp: :jump: Have a great 9 months!!!

armywifettc1- hey, at least it wasn't a gain right!!! Everyone always says you start turning fat into muscle and muscle weighs more so maybe that is why. Just hang in there and if you are feeling better with your body then who cares what the scale says!!!

I'm doing better this week. Started working out again on Monday- at home. 100 crunches on ab lounger and a mile on the gazelle each night... I better see progress on the scale on Friday!! Hope so anyways.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!!!
kristylee

Postby heatherqms » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:12 am

Oh, my workout:

every other day I watch a 3 month old little girl, so on those days I am walking about 2.5 miles, while pushing her in the stroller. We have a really cool little trail near my house that I take.

Then on the other days, I walk to the gym and do resistance training for about 45 minutes.

So in all I exercise about 5 or 6 days a week now. This is my 2nd week.

This better be worth it!! I am dying!

Has anyone here ever lost over 20 pounds, if so, how long did it take to start coming off?

I am determined, I have 3 months before our insurance kicks in and we start TTC again, so I am putting the pedal to the metal!

Thanks for listening.

TTC -1 since july 07
BFP 1/13/09!!!
Ben born - 9/14/09
BFP baby #2 - 8/14/10
heatherqms

Postby ArmyWife » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:14 am

Hi Ladies, Army_wife_ttc I can totally relate, I dont have AF but I cant stop eating and all I want is chocolate and such, ahhhh, lol! I had a bad weekend because we were so busy and out all the time. On sunday I had Mcdonalds and pizza, not good. I havent gained as of yet and I am working out now too but I took the weekend off cause I was out all the time. So I cant scold you since I am doing the same but I will say BAD GIRL!! haha you need to eat healthy for the next two days, I order you too :D

Wyomingbabydust, YAY!!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: congrats, that is so awesome!!!

armywifettc1, Well it is still good that you havent lost or gained, have you changed your eating habits at all??? That can always make a difference, and if you go to the gym both today and tomorrow I am sure you will see results on Friday. I also do some free wieghts and sit ups and little exercises while I watch TV at night and it helps too.

Kristylee, Thats awesome that you are motivated to work out at home again, once I start it just seems I cant stop, I like to do some exercise at home everynight now!!

Heather, If you are not updated on the list then I will forsure add you on Friday when we wiegh in !!

Hi to everyone else, its been pretty quiet on here until today, I hope everyone is having a great week so far!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ArmyWife » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:26 am

Heather,
I must have posted at the same time as you so I didnt see your post until after I posted!
I have now lost 20lbs and that is since mid august so a few months, I was doing weight watchers online and it has really helped me to eat better, I try and eat mostly veggies at dinner. I also work out pretty much every day, I try and take 1 day off a week. I do cardio every workout, sometimes I run and somedays I take it a little easier and do the cross trainer and walking on an incline, or maybe so stationary bike, I think it helps to switch it up too because your body is not just getting used to it. While watching a TV show at night I will do some wieghts and crunches, I try and do 200 crunches a night. For the past few weeks I have slipped up on the healthy eating on weekends and I still have lost when I wiegh in, but I do think that eating healthy combined with exercise is helping!

Also a couple years ago I lost about 60lbs, I for sure lost the first 20 in a couple months, I lost it pretty fast, I was really just working out like crazy, also I was taking an energy supplement that time and I dont take anything anymore, especially with ttc. But that time I was still eating very unhealthy and it was the working out that did it, I mostly ran!

Well I hope that helps a little bit, it is easy for me to work out everyday like I do because I am not working right now so I know its the least I can do, I dont have the excuse of being tired after a long day at work!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby armywifettc1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:53 am

ArmyWife...

I changed my eating habits somewhat. I eat a little less at each serving. I'm trying to eat healthier items. I'm doing my best to drink water...which I don't really do. And I'm trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables.

Other than that, I don't know what else to do...
Denise:28 DH:31
DD:Gabrielle Denise - Born 11/30/09 @ 11:47PM. Weighing 6lbs 5oz and 19 1/4in long!

ImageImage
armywifettc1

Postby heatherqms » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Wow ArmyWife! That is awesome!

In the past I have tried to lose weight, but I get discouraged when the lbs do not come off. If I continue to workout 5 days a week, do you think I will see a change by Christmas?

Is anyone taking pictures? I was thinking of starting ,but I am a little scared. If anyone else would like to take pictures we can be buddies. It will definitely be a motivation for me, especially if I know it is online, for everyone to see.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

TTC -1 since july 07
BFP 1/13/09!!!
Ben born - 9/14/09
BFP baby #2 - 8/14/10
heatherqms

Postby BlueSkye » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Hey Ladies!! Wow Sounds like a lot of us are having a rough week...Hang in there, WEIGH IN is Friday, only two days away...
I am feeling pretty good about it, Cant wait actually...I am so motivated by the ladies here that have done SO well...I am still recovering and cant do much exercise, but the good thing is my abdomen is still so swollen from surgery, that I'm not interested in food...Everytime I eat I just feel worse...
Well, just wanted to say hello...See you Friday... :D
TTC #2 for 3yrs<br />2 miscarriages Apr'10 &amp; Feb'11<div>BFP July'11 Yay!!</div><div>Cautiously Optimistic</div>
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ArmyWife » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:46 pm

Armywifettc1, That sounds good, I think you are doing great and you may still see a change come Friday,Even if it is 1 pound, I know 1 pound doesnt seem like a lot but if you look at a pound of butter than that makes it seem better. I think you are doing great and that even if you maintain this week, that is still good and you will see some wieght come off next week. Maybe just try doing a few extra exercises while at home, while watching a show, do a few crunches, a few jumping jacks, maybe a few squats, wall push-ups, I just do little things like that and while I am watching the show it doesnt seem like a chore as much :D

Heather, Thanks, I usually see the pounds come off although I will hit a block soon I am sure, it is hard when you dont see results, I went through a bad break up a few years back and thats what made me wanna lose that wieght and working out is theraputic for me! I think you will for sure see a change by christmas. What do you do for your work outs????
You know I was thinking of doing pictures before, I dont really have one from before but I do have one I took in July when I was 15wks pg right before the D&C and I am in a sports bra and spandex so I should put on the same outfit and see the difference, I still gained some after my D&C because I ate for comfort but thats ok. I will take a picture right now before I go to the gym and then decide if I wanna post, haha!!

Blueskye, Great to hear from you and I am glad recovering is going well!! Did they say how long you would be bloated and swollen for?? I hope it goes away soon for you!!
ArmyWife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby heatherqms » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Hey Bluesky, thanks for starting this thread and it is so good to hear that recovery is going well. I had surgery in January on my Uterus and mine did not go so well. Make sure you take it easy and let someone know if you feel anything out of the ordinary. I am so excited for you, now that the surgery is over, when do you get to start ttc again?

ArmyWife-

Basically:

Schedule A-
Walk 2.5 miles & stop every 10 minutes and do about 50-75 crunches and then continue.

Schedule B-
Walk 1/2 a mile to the gym
Workout my:
Chest -push-ups and lunges on a chest machine
Arms- gravitron machine (like a chin up) & bench dips, skull crushers
Abs-ab machine & crunches
Legs-side lunges & above lunges
I also do floor exercises with a weighted ball and a pilate ball.
Walk 1/2 mile home

Schedule A&B alternate daily.

A trainer put my workout together. I meet with her about once a month.

If you put a picture up, I will. :shock:

TTC -1 since july 07
BFP 1/13/09!!!
Ben born - 9/14/09
BFP baby #2 - 8/14/10
heatherqms

Postby BlueSkye » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:37 pm

BlueSkye...............NOW 164.5---AUG 166---GOAL 145
ArmyWife...............NOW 144---AUG 164---GOAL 140
IrishEyes...............NOW 127.5---AUG 142---GOAL 120
bb2........................NOW 127---AUG 142---GOAL 122
Tasmom.................NOW 170---SEPT 165---GOAL 150
Baby_Dust.............NOW 257---OCT 257---GOAL 180
army_wife_ttc........NOW 264---OCT 259---GOAL 180
Ptntlywtngfrnm1....NOW 250---OCT 250---GOAL ??
Wyomingbabydust.NOW176---OCT 182---GOAL 156
Armywifettc1..........NOW 176---NOV 179---GOAL 160
Kristylee.................NOW 188---NOV 188 --GOAL 165
Star37....................NOW 163---NOV 163---GOAL ???
Tel985 ...................NOW ???---NOV ???---GOAL ???
MrsJenW................NOW 132---NOV 132---GOAL 125
heatherqms...........NOW 172---NOV 175---GOAL 155
BlueSkye
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to Weight Loss and TTC