anyone else looking to lose more than 30 pounds?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby ballerinamommy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:44 am

Hey, Lisa...don't overdo it, girl! Every other day, chica. :wink:

been having a rough few days here...actually haven't been eating too much (which i know isn't good either)...hope things shape up here...feeling quite miserable. :cry:
First missed injection of Depo: Aug.2005; TTC#2 ever since.

Image Image
ballerinamommy

Postby Lisa79 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:18 am

Awww *HUGS* I hope you feel better mood and physical!

Heh I'm ok after my rest yesterday. I was kinda afraid that my calves would still be sore today b/c they were still hella sore all day yesterday, but woke up and they're totally fine :)

I can't let up too much! If I give myself too much room to slack off, I'll completely stop. Plus I only have 9-10 months to lose as much as possible (in a healthy way or course). :mrgreen:
Me: 34 DH: 35
PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Anovulation
BFP 11-30-11 @ 8dpo after 3 years, lots of fertility treatments, and 4 chemical m/c
beta #1 9dpo: 7 beta #2 14dpo: 113 beta #3 20dpo: 1467
Zoe Born on Aug 8th 2012
Now TTC#2
BFP 7/6/14 @ 9dpo Stick baby stick!
Lisa79
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby angelcake » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:20 am

Hi ladies mind if i join in. After my 2nd m/c i really piled a lot of weight on, I'd like to lose 40lbs. I find dieting really difficult as i love my food. I have invested in a cross trainer (gets delivered on wednesday). I did step aerobics for a while and really noticed a difference, unfortunately when i m/c i sort of gave it up.

But i'm on a mission this time.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a259d

Me 39 DH 42
DS Aaron Kishan Jenkins born 31st Dec 2008 (6wks early) 4lb 3oz.
[/url]

TTC#1 since Feb 04
HSG May 06: no blockages found
Lap 23rd April 08: Everything is fine , no blockages
12th May 08 start IUI cycle, trigger 21st may, insem 23rd may. 7th June BFP ---Triplets... Now a Singleton :angel: :angel:

:angel: m/c 26th July 06 @ 9w 3d
:angel: m/c 5th Jan 07 @ 17w 5d water broke
:angel: m/c 4th June 07 @ 5w 4d
:angel: m/c 16th July 07 @ 5w 2d
angelcake
Friend

Postby KimK » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:28 pm

I would love to join in as well! I just finished the book Fertility Diet and I am going to put some of the ideas to practice. While TTC I have added on an extra 15 pounds between drugs, procedures and STRESS!!

So here is to the best of luck to all of us!
Me: 33 DH: 30 TTC #1: Sept 2006 "unexplained infertility"
3 rounds Clomid: 3 rounds Femara: 2 failed IUIs
IVF#1: BFN :-( June 3, 2008
IVF#2: BFN :-( Sept 5, 2008
Surprise BFP Jan 7, 2009 while on break!! Beta @ 5 weeks-6152
strong HB @ 9w6d=174
April 21st--IT"S A BOY!! Carter James
CARTER JAMES born 09/02/09!!!!
KimK
Friend

Postby Lisa79 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:17 am

Alrighty, juspdate from myself....
I've been kinda slacking a little. Not exercising as much as I should.
Tomorrow is a brand new day though! :mrgreen:

I hope everyone is doing great!
BFP 11-30-11 @ 8dpo after 3 years, lots of fertility treatments, and 4 chemical m/c
Zoe Born on Aug 8th 2012
Now TTC#2
Lisa79
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mandy444 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:05 pm

May I join? I am on a mission!!!! I have put on MAJOR weight in the past 2 years. After I had my son (4.5 years ago) I went from 212 to 148 (12lbs UNDER my pre preg weight!), and I was so happy and still wanting to loose 20 more lbs. But the last 2 yeas I gained and gained and when I started my diet I was 190 :oops: :shock: . Now I am 186. I started weight watchers. I really need to get motivated to exercise though, I am SURE if I did it the weight would come off so much easier. I just really need to get motivated to do it! I look forward to loosing weight and getting to know all of you!
Lots of Love Light and Blessings!
Mandy
Mandy444
Friend

Postby ballerinamommy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:05 am

welcome new girls! let's make this year our time for weight loss and baby making!! :D

Image Image
ballerinamommy

Postby angelcake » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:12 am

Hi everyone

I'm so excited, my cross trainer just arrive, dh and i will put it together tonight, and then my fitness regime will start. I've cleared out the garage so it's all nice and tidy, i've put a TV in there to so now i can watch tv and excercise wooohooo. I have a big family dinner 17th Feb, and would love to lose about 8lbs by then (more would be better).

I've also read that getting healthier will help with TTC, so going to make sure dh uses it as well.

So how is everyone doing? Any tips on how to shift the pounds quicker? I did read that green tea is a good way of losing weight, but it doesn't explain how it works.

Me 39 DH 42
[/url]

TTC#1 since Feb 04
12th May 08 start IUI cycle, trigger 21st may, insem 23rd may. 7th June BFP ---Triplets... Now a Singleton :angel: :angel:

angelcake
Friend

Postby ballerinamommy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:09 am

I think it's a bit of an appetite suppressant or something. :wink:

I'm doing horribly...hubby and I had a huge argument last week, so the cloud that was looming meant comfort food galore :roll: and then today, AF officially started after I was so hopeful, yet again... :? And now, it looks like hubby wants to stop TTC...hoping it will just mean a break and not totally stopping. :? :cry: Made a batch of pepperoni rolls yesterday and they are now gone... :oops: Need to have a good talk when he gets in from work to see exactly where he's at with this...don't think I'll be able to deal with total rejection of the idea of a baby, especially after 2 1/2 years of trying already. :cry:

Image Image
ballerinamommy

Postby angelcake » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:19 am

ballerina: I'm so sorry you and dh had an argument, i hope you get to talk to him tonight and smooth thinks over. Why does the old hag show doesn't she know she's not wanted? i'm sorry she found you, hopefully next time you'll find a better hiding place and she won't be able to find you.

I was naughty last night as well, i had hot fudge cake and ice cream, but once in a while is ok.

Me 39 DH 42
[/url]

TTC#1 since Feb 04

angelcake
Friend

Postby Lisa79 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 am

Aww ballerina ***HUGS*** I'm so sorry you're going through all of that. I hope everything gets worked out though between your husband and yourself.

On a lighter note...
As for "cheating" on foods... I think it's ok so long as it doesn't become a habit heh.
Today I'm gonna start reducing my portion sizes so that's going to be very hard.
We're having bratwursts tonight. I usually have 2 plus whatever side item I fix (mac & cheese most of the time)... well tonight I'll only be eating 1 brat, Less than a serving size of mac and a salad w/ my yummy ginger/sesame dressing.
For a snack later on, maybe some of these chocolate bunny graham things.

*nodnod* Reducing portion size, and replacing what was taken out with a salad. I think it's going to help, but still going to be hard.

Remember ladies.. we're doing this for ourselves and for our present/future families! :)
Zoe Born on Aug 8th 2012
Now TTC#2
Lisa79
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ballerinamommy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 am

Oooh, Angelcake....you just had to say that, didn't you? Mmmmm, hot fudge cake with ice cream...that reminds me of my childhood, in particular, staying at my aunts house. She's a fab cook and always made a hot fudge cake when we were there in the summer...that and the most delicious peanut butter pie on the planet! Ooooh....I could do with a trip to her house right now! Darn PMS!! :roll: :wink:

BTW, did you happen to watch that Jamie Oliver thing that was on Ch4 last night? What an eye opener that was! I mean, I already knew all the stuff he was talking about, but the Gunther bit with the dissection and cross sections of people....whoa! You just wouldn't think the differences could be so dramatic! :shock: Makes me want to run a few miles every day. :o

Image Image
ballerinamommy

Postby KimK » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Hey girls!

Just wanted to post that I lost 2 pounds this week!! :jump:
Started using ideas from the Fertility Diet and cutting back on some sugar while increasing my veggies/fruits. I also made it to the gym 3 times this week!!

Hope everyone is hanging in there-even after your little binges :wink:
Me: 33 DH: 30 TTC #1: Sept 2006 "unexplained infertility"
3 rounds Clomid: 3 rounds Femara: 2 failed IUIs
IVF#1: BFN :-( June 3, 2008
IVF#2: BFN :-( Sept 5, 2008
Surprise BFP Jan 7, 2009 while on break!! Beta @ 5 weeks-6152
strong HB @ 9w6d=174
April 21st--IT"S A BOY!! Carter James
CARTER JAMES born 09/02/09!!!!
KimK
Friend

Postby Danni_Stone » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi ladies,

I joined the other thread, but would it be ok if I joined here too? I would like to lose a total of 36lbs when all is said and done. I'm 4'11"/5'0" and weigh 151.5. So, for my height I'm well overweight :( I'm going to get back down to 115 which was what I weighed when I graduated high school.

I've also joined a "Biggest Loser" competition at my job that runs from Jan 4th to May 2nd. We weigh-in each week on Friday. I only lost .5 in my first week, but lost 4 lbs since! I started at 156lbs (the heaviest I've ever been).

These are my goals are my short and long term goals:
1/25/08 -- 150-144
2/29/08 -- 142-136
3/28/08 -- 134-128
4/25/08 -- 126-120
5/02/08 -- 124-118

I'm aiming between those weights as I don't want to put too much pressure on myself by making it too narrow. I also want to lose slowly so I know I can keep the weight off (though I wish losing fast was okay :p ).

Right now I only drink water, green tea, and a little bit of coffee as these do not contain calories. I try to eat 5-8 meals a day every 2-3 hours, these of course are not big meals, but I've had problems with portion control in the past so I find that eating more smaller meals throughout the day helps a great deal. Also, after shopping I will cook all of the meats i'll need for the next few days and put them in tupperware in the 'fridge. Though frozen veggies are better to eat, I like the way canned veggies taste more. They are higher in sodium and that's normally why they are frowned upon, but I hear that so long as you're exercising that doesn't matter so much. I usually eat 1 or 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfest since I'm always in a rush :p But I make sure to have a mid morning snack to make up for it.

For exercise, I'm I guess what most people would call a gaming geek, I use DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) as my cardio work out. It's a LOT of fun and since you're dancing it doesn't even feel like "exercise". That was a big thing for me as I've tried the gym scene and it just isn't for me. Besides, while weight training does build muscle that helps to burn fat, it's the cardio that really eats away at it so to speak. So, I highly recommend DDR :) I think it's what really helped me lose the 4lbs this week as it's the only exercise that I've used so far.

Afterwards I usually have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar straight up. It's REALLY gross, but, it helps blood circulation after a hard workout. I may eat a hardboiled egg if I'm really hungry afterwards since I don't cook dinner until after the work out. Throughout the night I drink water and green tea.

That's all I've been doing the last couple of weeks and it has worked wonders for me! I've gotten to the point where thinking of fast food or eating how I was before makes me sick to my stomach! I don't even look at pop anymore. In fact, I was ADDICTED to Pepsi big time just a few months ago. I'd drink around 2 or 3 a day. The beginning of October I told myself that's it. It makes me sick, and I drank so much it didn't taste all that good anymore. The first couple of weeks were a bit tough, but after the first few weeks I was able to keep at it. I replaced the pepsi with my second love, chocolate milk. I LOVE Quik. That's been a bit rough to give up, but not nearly as hard as the pop and if I really want some of either, if I get a craving I can't seem to ignore, I'll let myself have one. Usually, later I wish I hadn't given in, but I don't beat myself up. It actually just reminds me of what I'm not missing.

Anyways, sorry for saying so much, I guess it's kinda therapeutic to share all of this :) I really feel good on the inside, a nice empty feeling, I don't feel like a blob. Even though it's only been two weeks, I already feel so different.

Anyhow, good luck to all of you ladies! Together I'm sure we can reach our goals. I really appreciate all of you!

Take care now!
Danni_Stone

Postby ballerinamommy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:58 am

Danni-Wow! Looks like you've got your loss all planned out! Hope it goes according to plan (or better!) for you!

I'm also taking ACV, though not for my weight loss...I've got shingles (think this is the 5th little bought of them) and have had them on and off since last May...it seems to be the only thing to get rid, so have been either drinking a glass of cold water with a capful or just downing the capful at once...I do know it's otherwise good for you, but was taking it for that main purpose. I found a really nice one, though...it's an organic ACV and tastes so fresh and crisp, but it is pretty potent...moreso than the others I've had.

Image Image
ballerinamommy

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC