South Beach Diet

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

South Beach Diet

Postby MegsRemainsHopeful » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:22 pm

I am just curious if anyone is on this diet...

How long were/are you on it for? What weight/inches did you loose? Do you have any favorite receipes you would like to share? What is your ultimate goal for weight lost?

Dh and I have started back up the SB diet today... I'm STARVING!!! haha! Had two boiled eggs and a cheese stick for breakfast. Had a big salad with a boiled egg, tomato, little bit of cheese, and a little bit of ranch dressing just for taste. And now, I sit here, working, and hungry. What did everyone eat/snack on??

DH and I are joining a gym, hopefully Tuesday when I'm done working so we'll really start with the getting healthy and loosing weight! I just would like to hear some success stories and get ideas from others!

I'm looking to loose a total of 55 pounds and get back to a size 10/12!
Megs {28} DH {31}
Breastfeeding and pregnant!!
Looking forward to cloth diapering another bum!! EDD July 30!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/maemay03
http://www.NotTheUglyDuckling.blogspot.com
http://www.loststorkfoundation.org
MegsRemainsHopeful
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby riotgirl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 am

I was wondering about he South Beach Diet. I thought of buying the books and starting. Is this ok to do while ttc? Let me know. Thanks.
riotgirl

Postby hcg_obsessed » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:07 pm

I would think it would be excellent while ttc. The foods are all natural. Gets rid of the processed junk...

I did it a while back, but I'm such a carb and sugar addict that I couldn't hack it.
hcg_obsessed
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby bcttc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:39 am

I have been ttc for 9 months now. I am about 30 lbs overweight. give or take a little. I have been doing really good for like 3 weeks now but have only lost 5- 8 lbs. I just bought the south beach diet book. I will just type word for word a very interesting part!

"Many of the dieters who came to us through the TV news coverage have been in their twenties and thirties. One young woman, 30 lbs overweight, had been trying to conceive for 7 years. She tried the diet, lost the weight in just a few months, and then discovered she was pregnant. Though we were willing to take credit for this pleasant turn of events, it wasn't until about a year later that I discovered why the diet had allowed her to conceive. There is a condition called polycystic ovary syndrome that is a common cause of abnormal periods and infertility in young women. It turns out that it is due to insulin resistence or prediabetes. By reversing this syndrome with the diet, her periods normalized and a successful pregnancy followed."
I have never been diagnosed with pcos but something is definitely wrong or not working right. I thought this was interesting and it brought tears to my eyes!!
me-25
dh-28
ttc since july '07
july '08 - hsg showed blocked left tube
nov '08 - lap shows completely blocked left tube and open right tube but both scarred pretty bad
feb '09 - both tubes removed to get better success with ivf
may 19th, '09 - first lupron injection
May 31, '09 - start stims
june 11th, '09 - tentative egg retrieval
not responding-ivf#1 cancelled :(
2nd ivf cancelled. poor response. only 5 possible eggs before retrieval.
Jan '10 - 3rd ivf with highest dose of follistim to trick my ovaries into working<div>
</div><div>2/24/10 - retrieved 23 eggs! &nbsp;</div>
2/25/10 - 14 out of 23 fertilized without ICSI
2/26/10 - 13 of the 14 are progressing at the right stage - yay<div>3/1/10 - transferred 2 blasts</div><div>3/3/10 - 5 frozen embies</div><div>3/10/10 - BFN &nbsp;</div><div>next FET in April/May</div>
bcttc
Friend

Postby MegsRemainsHopeful » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:58 pm

bcttc, thank you SO much for posting that!!! it is EXACTLY what I needed to hear RIGHT NOW! :-)

I have been on the SBD for right at two months and have had GREAT Success!!! :-) *I have even cheated a couple of days due to birthdays!*

I am currently twenty pounds lighter over an 8 week period. I feel better. I feel "skinny"! :-) My dh is on it too and has lost almost 30 pounds and feels great! Our clothes fit so much better! All this is great and dandy but the TRUE test to me to see if all this was really paying off is when I had my Fasting Insulin levels re done 04/18/08. My previous level was 12.6 taken thirty pounds heavier in 10/06. Well, this last one my Fasting Insulin level was 3!!!!!!!!!!! THREE!!!!! HOLY COW!!! :-)

Just FYI in case you did not know... "Normal" is anything under 17. They consider you Insulin Resistant 10-17 and under 10 is ideal so for it to come back a THREE I was absolutely over the moon!!! No more pressure to be put on Metformin!!! ;-)

So I'm sticking to the SBD as it's NOT that difficult at all... We eat sugar free candy everyday so we get our sweets filling.

Oh, something else I believe helps is drinking 8 oz glass of water with 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in it. This helps weight loss but also SO many other ailments... :-) Especially acid indigestion! :-)

Thank you again for taking the time to post this!!!!! I have a renewed sense of hope and feel like God is whispering to me not to give up.. My time will come and all will work out!
Megs {28} DH {31}
Breastfeeding and pregnant!!
Looking forward to cloth diapering another bum!! EDD July 30!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/maemay03
http://www.NotTheUglyDuckling.blogspot.com
http://www.loststorkfoundation.org
MegsRemainsHopeful
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Weight Loss and TTC