Introducing Myself

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Introducing Myself

Postby aliciaheart04 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:37 am

My name is Alicia and I am 25 and my DH is Jeff and he is 27. We have been TTC since 2005, off of birth control since 2004. We have taken breaks off and on because of obvious reasons (money, stress, family issues) but now we are back on track.

Ok so I have found out that I have been totally gypped by doctors I have had in the past. Once they found out that there was a sperm count issue they thought that it wasn't important to test me for anything. So we tried 2 IUI's with his sperm and off course they didn't work. With 200,000 sperm the first time and 1 million the second time of course it didn't work. So we decided to try another doctor because I just felt like maybe there might be something wrong with me as well. So we went to Dr. A I will call her but I should call her Dr. B because she was not a very nice person. So Dr. A walked in the room and proceeded to tell me that I am to fat to have kids and I will never have kids and I can waste my money on infertility treatments but they aren't going to work. She also told me that I should wait until I was 32 to try in vitro anyway because I could get a blood clot and it could go to my brain and kill me because I am so young. When I told her that we planned to be done having children by the age of 30 she told me I needed to change my life plan because things just don't work out the way people want them too. I am not over exaggerating any of this. These are word for word things that this doctor said to me. So needless to say we changed doctors again. Our new doctor which is very nice said she didn't understand why the doctor said those things and that the blood clot thing was a 1% chance of happening. So right now DH and I are trying to decide between Donor sperm IUI or IVF. The doctor is supportive of both. But if we do IUI she wants to do a lot of test to make sure that I actually do not have fertility issues as well. Because as far as we know it is a sperm count problem but apparently there are numerous things that our other doctors should have checked me for but none of them did. I kind of feel like they took advantage of us and charged us all that money for something they knew wasn't going to work.

So I am hoping to get help and support from everyone as we go back to the doctors in two weeks to find out my blood results and to figure out where we are going from here. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

XOXO
Alicia
aliciaheart04

Postby hhurt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 am

:welcome: and best of Luck to you!!! :jump:
Heather38
Jim 40
BFP 9-01-12
EDD 5-09-13
Kyler will be here via csection on 4-11-13 at noon ct at 36 weeks due to placenta previa..
My Ovulation Chart
Jade 4

Ashlynn 2

ImageImage
hhurt
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s