unusual circumstances...

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

unusual circumstances...

Postby missbeachbum884 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:15 pm

oook so here goes! me and dh are finally ready to be parents. i was on bc for quite some time, and have since discontinued taking it (with 8 active pills left in the pack) once we made this decision. we continue to do the baby dance almost every single day. now i'm in limbo waiting to ovulate. it has been 6 days since i've stopped the pill and have just had dull cramps. has anyone else had a situation such as coming off bc and getting pg so soon?

thanks ladies!
missbeachbum884
Friend

Postby chandni » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:03 am

It can take a while for your cycles to get back on track after coming off the pill. For some women it can take months, for others, they ovulate right away. What way are you determining whether you ovulated? Are you using OPK's or charting? I was confused by what you wrote whether you are currently bding every day or you did and are now waiting. Sperm can live for a maximum of 5 days in ideal conditions, but most only survive for one or two days. If you can keep up the every day, as long as your partner doesn't have sperm issues, that's fine, but I think it'd be tiring . Every other day is good for giving his sperm count time to build back up. If you find you're wearing yourself out, only bd every day around the time you ovulate. This is usually around day 14 of your cycle but can be different for everyone. Again, coming off the pill it's hard to know what your body will do. OPK's are a good way to predict ovulation. You can get inexpensive ones online.
&nbsp;24/05/10 m/c at 10 weeks - James<div>17/11/11 Rainbow baby Kaela</div><div>TTC while breastfeeding since July 2012</div>
chandni

Postby missbeachbum884 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 pm

thank you for writing back :) we did it 4 days in a row. and i am now on 7 days without pills and had very little spotting this morning, which i'm assuming is breakthrough bleeding?
missbeachbum884
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s