question about depo provera

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

question about depo provera

Postby danaalex503 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:46 pm

hi ladies!

i wasn't sure where to post this. i was on depo provera (never missed a shot) from 2001 to about 2006 (or maybe 2007? i was 21. whole two year chunk of vagueness :mrgreen: ). about 3 months after going off of the shot, my AF returned and assumed a pretty regular cycle.
DH and i suffered a miscarriage, stopped growing at around 5 weeks. this was over a year ago, and we weren't actively TTC.

i'm just nervous. there's not a lot known about it, since it's a newer form of BC and i've been reading horror stories about infertility due to depo lately (blame late night google stalking)...and it scares me.

please, any info or experiences to share? i need reassurance. i wish i knew if i could be tested for the things i've read about (ovarian failure, bad eggs, etc.), but i'm worried that my docs won't since we haven't been TTC until recently. blargh.

thanks in advance, if anybody has anything to share!
Me (Dana): 29, DH: 30
TTC#2

DS born 5/14/2012 :)
Ectopic, left tube saved via surgery 12/2014
CP 2/2015
danaalex503
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

stay calm

Postby mommymaybe » Wed May 11, 2011 3:12 am

Hi i was on depo for only 2 years though got off when i was 18 my moms idea i never wanted hints the got off when i was 18 but i probably read those sae stories my story wnt help lift your spirits since i have been having unprotected sex with my husband for 6 years and stll nothing just yet but my best friend was on it to and as soon as she got off before she had a chance to get it again she was pregnant!! some people are just lucky that way i guess!! but alot of people say it takes a year for you to be able to get pregnant after getting off of Depo but dont let the googling scare you alot of those cases are rare and everyone is different GL!!!
22 years old, DH 26
intimate freely for 5 years
no kids (yet!!!!)
Current LMP April 14 2011, OD April 28 2011
Spotting currently and started 10dpo May 9 2011 IB??!!
NMP May 12 or 13 2011 :(
IF Preggo Due date January 12 2012!!!! :)
Birthday May 27 1988 (Would be a wonderful birthday gift from God Pray!!!!):D
mommymaybe
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s