Trying for 2nd child, after my first was unplanned.

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying for 2nd child, after my first was unplanned.

Postby Trishch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:58 am

Hey everyone,

i'm new here, im 24 and have a beautiful 5 year old son. My first child was extremly unexpected and a result of a one night stand when i was 18. I married his father and 5 years later were trying for our second :). Ive never had a regular cycle untill this past year, and i've had 2 strokes so birth control was out of the question. For the last 5 years we've been usuing the pull out method. We've been actively trying since may 28th.

I know nothing about trying to have a baby, so this has been quite a lerning curve, i was taking a pregnacy test everyday after we had sex, to only learn you need to wait lol, should have listened in health class. Im a bit skepitical as well, because after 5 years of just pulling out, you think i would have at least been accidsently pregnant.

Im currently 3 days late for my period so we will see :)
Trishch

Postby BabyCakes2010 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:29 am

lol, Good luck :) My husband and I got pregnant the first time we ever had sex and then used the pullout method. We stopped pulling out 2 years later and got pregnant with my daughter the first time, So, when done correctly, I think it is pretty effective.

Hope your test is positive now! let us know :)
DS-5
DD-2.5
DD-1

here to cheer! :-)

My Ovulation Chart
BabyCakes2010
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lovinlifeasamom » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 pm

My dh and I have used this method as well for the past almost 4 years and we have a almost 5 year old so I agree, could be pretty effective... Good luck and hope its a bfp!!
Lovinlifeasamom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s