New here, advice appreciated!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

New here, advice appreciated!

Postby MrsLRO » Tue May 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello! So I am new here and never been apart of a forum before, just thought I would give it a try.
I am 23 years old, been married 4.5 yrs and trying to conceive all 4.5 years. About 2 weeks ago, got up the courage to go to an OB/GYN(which was wonderful and very caring.) She did blood work and sonograms and I was diagnosed with PCOS, which I had already suspected.
Through my regular dr, I have been on Metformin 500 for about 5 months. GYN upped my metformin to 850 and told me when I started period to call her so I can set up to have the HSG test done, then if that goes okay she would put me on Clomid. I have crazy very spacious periods so I didn't figure I would start 5/1 (last period was 4/1). I went to the dr 2weeks ago today. She said she could give me the Provera if I didn't start in a few days.
This is just really frustrating and depressing but I am glad I am in the right direction at least. Any advice, experiences, etc appreciated!
MrsLRO

I understand

Postby baby4me2012 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 pm

I also had very irregular periods and was diagnosed with pcos in 2008. It took me a very long time to get it under control. I was in denial for a long time, then I had guilt that I couldn't concieve and felt like such a failure. Dealing with all that and a very strained relationship that ended last year, I still hadn't concieved. Things changed in april of 2011, I lost over 60lbs and stopped thinking about concieving. Anyway, I met my fiance September of 2011. I had a miscarriage on December 31, 2011, I was around 5 weeks. Although, I was very sad, I had accomplished the impossible, I was pregnant. I feel like it is important to tell you my history because I have PCOS (which was very extreme at first) and have taken provera and still am taking metformin. My periods straightened out and I have got it under control now. I want you to have hope. I wish you the very best. Babydust to us both!
Me 26, DB 21
Diagnosed with PCOS May 2008
Prescribed Metformin May 2008
Tried Provera 6 months June 2009
Tried Clomid for 6 rounds Summer 2010
TTC for 5 years (With breaks)
Actively TTC with Fiance for 8 months
I am 28 years old, dp is 36
We have been ttc for 6 months
Diagnosed with PCOS May 2008
Prescribed Metformin May 2008
Lost An Angel on December 31, 2011 @ 5 weeks
Lost another Angel @ 8 weeks on August 1, 2012 due to a complete Molar Pregnancy
baby4me2012
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby CrissyCole » Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey, welcome to the site :-) im fairly new myself...
i am 25, was diagnosed w/ diabetes 6 months ago and pcos 3 months ago and am currently on round 3 of clomid dh and i have been trying for 3 years it rook me awhile to get up the nerve to go to Dr, i have been on 500mg metformen twice a day for about 6 months this month Dr uped my clomid prolly 150mg and were crossing our fingers that we catch it this time, my first month my Dr gavme provera to start my cycle, i dont have much advice just thought id let you know yer not alone, good luck!
CrissyCole
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun May 13, 2012 3:07 pm

:welcome: i'm turning 23 myself on the 23rd this month...i don't have PCOS so can't help you there, but we're having our own struggles concieving (miscarriages). there are so many wonderful women on this site and its a great community so hope you find just what you're looking for in terms of support right here!!

wishing you all the best and lots of :babydustg: x
aaronsmummy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s