Tips on relaxing?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Tips on relaxing?

Postby babyplz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm on CD 5, AF normally finishes on CD 7. Normally during AF, I'm more relaxed and start to get tense once I start BD'ing but htis time around, even during AF, I can't wait for it to finish so I can start to try again!! I'm onl every single website every second and can't get a baby out of my head. It will be going onto Cycle #9 and I'm soooooooo frustrated!!

Pleaaaase someone tell me how to relax, otherwise next cycle there is no chance of a BFP with my brain going into overdrive and sending all sorts of negative signals down there!! :(
Me: 27, DH: 28
TTC #1, cycle #10
BFP! 17/04/2013
babyplz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Tips on relaxing?

Postby MrsP2012 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Accupuncture. I had a missed miscarriage in December and turned into a thing possessed when it came to baby making. I actually drive myself into a stuper as I literally couldn't think of anything else for every second if the day except a baby. So a couple if weeks ago I decided to start Accupuncture partly to relax me and partly to get my body strong again after the mc, I can tell you this much... I'm mellow yellow now in comparison to what I was like a couple of weeks back. I'm a complete advocate of it as it really really relaxes your mind and creates a sense of calm, which can only be a good thing for getting a babe on board eh?
If you're in the UK also try Neals Yard Remedies "remedies to roll Relaxation" it's an aromatherapy essential oil that can be rolled on to pressure points to calm yourself, I had the ingredients of the essential oils checked out before I started rolling away with it and they're perfectly safe to use when trying/pregnant.
I got to the point where I thought I'd draw blood if one more person told me to "relax" but I actually feel better for being more chilled, Accupuncture is also uplifting so makes you feel more positive about things too.
Best of luck and a gazillion puffs of baby dust to you

X
Me 28
DH 35
1 SnowAngel Baby lost December 2012

Our Love Bug Is Due 14th Feb 2014

MrsP2012
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby babyplz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks MrsP - this is really great advice. This site has helped me too but sometimes reading about every single thing on TTC can make me go into overdrive!! I especially like the sound of being "mellow yellow", hopefully I can get to this stage too soon...

I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I've got a friend who is recently going through it and I'm so so sorry for her loss. Have you started trying again?
TTC #1, cycle #10
BFP! 17/04/2013
babyplz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kaytlyn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm

You could try yoga or walking. That might help. Or if you want to develop an unhealthy attachment to fictional characters, start watching Doctor Who or Sherlock :rofl:
Kaytlyn
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babyplz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Haha Kaytlyn - yeah I've already become addicted to exercise and walks outdoors are just the best thing. well I'm about to start my journey this month from tomorrow so lets hope this is our month!!
TTC #1, cycle #10
BFP! 17/04/2013
babyplz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Glitterypinksam » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 am

I always found that reading or listening to talking stories helped me (xmas stories for me as im obsessed with that time of year ) :D I would be on websites every night and thinking about it all day. Listening to them also helped me sleep :) x
[color=#FF40FF]Me.....25
Dh......29
Baby due October 11th :D after 3 cycles and extreme moments of obsessing x
Glitterypinksam
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MrsP2012 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:29 am

I relaxed and guess what?
Got a BF JUICY P!!!!!
You can take it from someone who just stopped short of clawing people's eyes out when they told me to "just relaxand it'll happen"!
I decided to see if I could at least trick myself into "relaxing" by taking up a new hobby (shabby chic'ing furniture & making moodboards on Pinterest) and low and behold the month dh and I got jiggy just for fun ONCE the entire month, we hit gold! Un-freakin-believable!
I only bothered testing as I wanted to enjoy a glass of wine in full confidence that I was not preggo. I barely even glanced at the stick as I was that sure I wasn't (I do love to poas) but just as I went to throw it away I caught a glimmer of a feint line.
I re-tested 23 more times!!!!! Ha ha
I could not believe it.
For months we'd done opk's, standing in my head, Accupuncture, herbal this, herbal that, would t so much as look at anything caffeinated or alcoholic and then as soon as I decide to just take my folic acid & prenatals and live "normally" it happens!
I did stick to no caffeine and I've had about 4 glasses of wine (spritzers) in as many months but I logged off of the forums for a while and engrossed myself in other things and it happened. I'm afraid I'm now gonna be one of those annoying people that very nearly found themselves without the gift of sight and insist that you truly do relax!
I love these forums as they're full if kind and wonderful women BUT they're very easy to become addicted and I think sometimes tmi isn't always a good thing as I seriously had myself written off as infertile and started freaking that we'd never afford ivf etc.
unless you've been told there's a problem just have faith and confidence in your amazing body. You are healthy and YOU WILL GET PREGNANT. I did so that's proof enough. Super duper glittery baby dust to each and everyone of you. Be sure to tell me what your new hobby was when you get that bfp

xXx
Me 28
DH 35
1 SnowAngel Baby lost December 2012

Our Love Bug Is Due 14th Feb 2014

MrsP2012
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s