Hello from Tennessee!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hello from Tennessee!

Postby kellypitts » Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to reach out and wish everyone luck on their TTC journey! I am 25 and DH is 26. We have been married for three years this June but together for 7. We have started TTC our first two months ago. I am so excited that we are trying but disappointed every time I take a negative test.

Our situation is unique in that I had to overcome vaginismus for us to even be able to think about trying for children. Vaginismus is a condition where the muscles inside of your vagina and pelvic floor involuntarily clamp shut and it is impossible to get anything through them. We saved ourselves for marriage and then were unable to consummate for the first two years of our marriage because you literally cannot experience penetration with this condition. I went through a series of getting muscle relaxers injected into the walls and doing stretches with dilators and meeting with a physical therapist who does hands on internal stretching twice a week. We have been having pain free sex for over a year now and are now exciting about trying to get pregnant!

I wish you all lots of luck and look forward to interacting with you guys! :)

-Kelly
kellypitts

Re: Hello from Tennessee!

Postby J.Erica » Thu May 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Hey there! Welcome to the craziness of TTC!!

You've had quite a journey! I've never heard of Vaginismus, and I can't imagine what it was like to have to go through that! I'm glad the problem was resolved!

Best of luck to you!
Image My Ovulation Chart

ME: Age 27
HUSBAND: Age 30
Our Lil' Wildcat: Nolen Caine - Born: 2/5/2014

Dori couldn't be bothered to have her picture taken.
J.Erica
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby LongviewLady » Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 am

Good luck to you!! I'm so glad you both made it through together, sounds like a match made in heaven! I'm in my 2nd month TTC for the first time. My fingers are crossed for both of us! :)
Me-27, DH-35, TTC #1 since March 2013!
LongviewLady
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kelbug » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:13 am

Hello. my name is kelly and im also 25 and from tennessee. dh and i have been married 3 years and together 10 years. i just want to tell you i had endo to the point we couldnt have sex our first year, we decided in nov to start ttc. i still had alot of pain and problems. in feb my dr decided he wanted to do surgery so he set the date for april 10th. knowing i had scheduled surgery we didnt really try. just bd when we wanted. i went through with the surgery and never gave a second thought. i went to the dr for post op to find out i was 6 weeks pregnant. it took 3 months of really trying and not trying lol. i am 11 weeks and so far everything is great a healthy heartbeat and length. no matter what odds you face it will happen and prob when you least expect it! good luck to you! i hope u get a bfp soon!
Kelbug
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 20s