coffee and alcohol

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

coffee and alcohol

Postby Lola1984 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:42 pm

I was just reading the post about alcohol, and I was just wondering what everyone has done about coffee and other sources of caffeine? Recently I have given up drinking coffee all together. This was a big step for me, as I used to be able to drink several cups over the course of a morning. DH and I have been trying to conceive since January 2013 and I have been slowly decreasing my intake since then. I know most sources recommend keeping your intake less than one or two cups a day, but this past month was my third BFN and I was devastated, so I gave up my morning coffee. I did have one Diet Coke this past weekend and then felt pretty guilty about cheating.

Anyone else want to join Caffeine Drinkers Anonymous?
TTC #1 since january 2013

Me:28
DH:28
Lola1984
Friend

Re: coffee and alcohol

Postby flapjack1027 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 am

I have also been cutting back on caffeine. I am not a coffee drinker but have been a diet coke addict for years. (been ttc for almost 11)

I have been drinking more water and feeling better :) I have given up diet coke altogether and occasionally have a glass of sweet tea or regular Coke. I don't feel guilty because I am drinking SO much less than before! I am proud , lol.

here's hoping it does the trick and we get BFP 's soon!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Me- 31
DH - 35
Married 10/27/2001
ttc since 2002, "unexplained infertility"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Is anything too hard for the LORD?" -Genesis 18:14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 113:9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
flapjack1027
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lola1984 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:00 am

It can't hurt!!!! And it's better for you anyway :)
TTC #1 since january 2013

Me:28
DH:28
Lola1984
Friend

Postby kkg » Tue May 07, 2013 8:35 am

It's great if you can kick it now since you're supposed to cut back to 200mg or less during pregnancy, this is what my OB told me anyway. I used to drink a lot of coffee, all day long. We've been TTC since Nov 2012. I decided to cut back to 1 cup per day in Jan figuring it would help with conceiving and then I'd be used to it once I got pregnant. After 6 cycles of BFN I've gone to 2 cups per day, still not drinking any in the afternoon or evening though. I give myself a treat on af day and drink all the coffee I want!! lol I also usually try not to drink alcohol during the 2ww and when I get af I have a glass of wine. There has to be something positive about that ugly day! Good luck! **baby dust**
me (Kelly) 33 | dh 43
together since 2007 | married in 2010
two amazing dogs (fur kids) who warm my heart every single day! ❤
ttc #1 for both of us
original plan to ttc in 2011 | delayed for medical reasons
green light to ttc in Nov 2012 and been trying ever since!
HSG 9/12/13, all clear
DH SA 9/12/13, low sperm count, low motility
10/5/2013, BFP!!!!!!!! Au Naturel!!

kkg
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby silverviper86 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:10 pm

I kind of found this post late. I've always loved coffee, but limit it to one or two cups max a day. Most days it's just one. As far as alcohol, I don't really go overboard, but I don't cut it out except for during the majority of the TWW. If I do drink during the TWW, it's only a glass of wine. I figure if I haven't even implanted yet, then I don't see the harm in one glass of wine. Some might not agree, but that's just my opinion.
Me: Ashley - Dh: Evan
DD: Quinn Michele born 3/3/14 :)
silverviper86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Betsy31 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 am

I agree with everyone. I love coffee and used to drink alcohol almost every night with dinner but I've practically cut those down to nothing. Once in a while I have a half cup or a glass of wine, mainly around other people if necessary since I want to avoid suspicion. I would never turn down a glass of wine when I visit my family so not drinking would be a sure sign. Plus, my MIL doesn't have grand kids yet (and she has 4 kids over 27!) so she would die if she knew we were trying. I'd never hear the end of it. But I think the odd indulgence TTC is fine. You don't know how long it might take so why suspend your life completely just in case? I think until you get your bfp, once in a while is fine. Good luck to everyone getting their bfps and with our little addictions!
Me 31
DH 32
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
Betsy31

Postby radkitten » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 am

Honestly, if I cut everything out I would never get to drink anything over the past 7 years. So I drink caffeine and drink when I go out. My doctor is fine with that. He said as long as I'm not getting hammered every night or drinking a 12 pack a day, I am fine. I can't put my entire life on hold at this point or I would never get to do anything.
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s