Looks like I'm back TTC unfortunately :( :\

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looks like I'm back TTC unfortunately :( :\

Postby CarlyRose3 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, after getting my BFP July 25th it would appear as though my hopes of having a spring baby have come and gone :( I had an u/s done last Tuesday and instead of being eight weeks along like my lmp would indicate I am, I was only five weeks. The tech refused to tell me how far along I was only that it was "a lot less than eight weeks". I unfortunately had to wait eight days for my doctor to see me even though I was told he would have the results in 2-3 days. I went in this morning fearing the worst. After eight days of googling women saying they measured a lot less and had m/c I was preparing myself to be told there was no hope. He said it was entirely possible I had ovulated later than expected since I have such irregular cycles and that perhaps my lmp was incorrect in dating the pregnancy. So he sent me immediately in for another u/s and said if there was progression I would have another one ten days from now to see what was happening. I would've been six weeks and one day today. I went in for the u/s and could kind of see the screen. It appeared to only show an empty sac so I asked the tech if I could see the screen, mostly to have some piece of mind. Her agreed and showed me and there was definitely only a sac. The worst part besides the m/c is that DF is working outta town for the next seven weeks so while I at least have some support here at home, he's got no one where he is. My doctor did tell me there was nothing that could've been done to prevent it and unfortunately sometimes these things happen. He seemed confident I'd get pregnant again. It's just hard knowing we had tried for 14 months and finally got a BFP only to have it end like this. Now I'm just waiting for the m/c to actually start. I've had no spotting, cramping, or pain so far which makes it that much harder because I still feel pregnant. Still have nausea this morning, bbs still hurt, I'm tired, I have to pee all the time. Just so frustrating. I opted to have it happen natural which he said could take up to a month :( so hard
CarlyRose3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Looks like I'm back TTC unfortunately :( :\

Postby mexicanchick718 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:01 pm

I am so sorry for what your going through. I was in your same shoes early July. There is nothing anyone can say that is going to make you feel better. I was supposed to be 9wks and the baby had passed at 6wk2days. So for two weeks I was very sick. That sucks really bad about DF being away. My in-laws flew in two days after my mc and I got no attention. Everyone acted as if nothing had happened while I drowned in pain and sadness.

If I may give you one tip is to be ready for the when the mc actually starts. Make sure you have enough female products. I was at the movies when mine started and I was completely unprepared. Since im a tampon girl not pad my little tampons did nothing. A lady was very kind and gave me an over night pad just to get me to the ER. I bled a lot and for hours. I wont mention the pain since everyones tolerance is different.

On a happier note they say that after a mc you are very fertile. I know its not comforting now but if you need to talk just respond.
Me: 26 DH: 28
IUD removed: 9/12/12
BFP 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9wks on 7/11/13
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CarlyRose3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:22 am

Thanks for the response! I remember seeing your post earlier this summer. I'm sorry for your loss too! I know words don't mean much but it's at least nice knowing that you aren't alone in the world. Not being able to grieve is the worst part or having to grieve alone. I was supposed to work Tuesday and today but Tuesday I just had an awful feeling like deep down I knew I'd miscarry so I just couldn't bring myself to go in and then today I was planning on going in because the m/c hasn't actually started yet but I had a horrible dream where my doctor called me in the middle of the night and basically said he'd been going over my u/s all night and realized he and the tech were wrong and that I was totally fine and he said my pregnancy was going to be fine. So of course I woke up in the middle of the night in hysterics basically. I'm a nurse and there's no way I'd be able to handle patient care dealing with this. Luckily my manager is very understanding so when I talk to her on Tuesday I'm hoping she'll get it.

Thanks for the tip about being prepared. I'm a tampon girl too, however; every few months if my cycles have been extremely long I'll have a really really heavy period for about two days so I need to have pads available for those day then it usually lightens up. So I should have a whole box somewhere in my bathroom cabinet. I think I have a high pain tolerance too but knowing why I'm experiencing all this pain will probably be what gets me :( it's just so sad and it just sucks so bad!

My best friend actually got pregnant four days after her m/c (I think I told you this on another post before). So I'm hopeful that I can too. Because my cycles are so irregular my doc gave me progesterone which I take two capsules once a day for seven days to induce a period and then during days 3-7 I take Letrozole 2.5mg once a day for five days to promote ovulation. He told me to wait a month after the bleeding stops before taking the letrozole to ensure I have a "good shedding of the uterus" so we potentially might not be able to start trying again until the middle to end of October depending on when this m/c actually starts. My bbs stopped hurting yesterday so I'm hoping it happens soon. My birthday is September 26th and our wedding is October 12th so it would really suck to have to deal with it during that time
CarlyRose3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mexicanchick718 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:44 am

Geez!! What a horrible dream. Just wait until you start having baby dreams! I lost it for a couple of weeks and couldn't control my emotions. My mc happend a few days before mine and DH bday! It was the worse birthday ever!!

Well once your symptoms start fading it get closer to happening. The day I found out the baby had died I did notice two days prior that my nausea was lifting. Hence the reason why I forced them to do an u/s , if not my appt was scheduled for 7/26. My m/c started 7/11. So I think m/c and not knowing is worse than knowing. Well i dont know since them telling you and it actually happening is like reliving the pain. Oh well. I just need to move on.

This will be my first month TTC after the mc and feeling great!
Me: 26 DH: 28
IUD removed: 9/12/12
BFP 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9wks on 7/11/13
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CarlyRose3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Yeah I've been having dreams I was pregnant for years now, especially after we started trying. They were just awful! I would have dreams about feeling the baby kicking, rubbing my belly, etc. And I always would dream about being pregnant with a boy :( it was always so heart breaking to wake up and realize it wasn't real. About three weeks before I got my BFP I had a dream I found out I was pregnant because I had to have a CT scan for some odd reason lol it sucks that's for sure!

Good luck to you and your hubby this month!! Hopefully things will work out better next time for the both of us!! I can't wait to start trying again. It sucks having to wait this out then potentially wait another month to start trying. I hope it happens for you this month! :)
CarlyRose3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby babycakes13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:43 am

Sorry for your loss hun. I was 11 weeks along and baby stopped growing at 8 weeks; gave it a week but nothing passed naturally so had D&C. Fingers crossed for you and me both, and hoping you can soon start to try again. Hugs!
babycakes13
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s