Mucinex?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mucinex?

Postby laf1015 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:10 am

Hi everyone -- I'm new here -- ttc baby #1. I'm 26 and dh is 29, been married for 2 years. I came off the pill in mid-May (after taking it for 7 years), my cycles were like clockwork while on the pill & now that I'm off it they are still regular (28 or 29 days). We've been doing a lot of bd-ing and getting so frustrated that nothing's happened yet :( I know it's only been about 4 months which everyone says isn't that long...but it feels like forever...it's so disappointing to see everyone around me getting pregnant by accident or just on their first try... Anyway, I feel like it's time to start making a little extra effort. It shouldn't be this hard when you're this young and healthy, right??? So I've seen some stories about using mucinex to thin cm... I bought some, but I'm wondering, does it really work or is it a long shot? Should I try an opk instead? I don't want to waste any more time than I need to :doh:
Me - 26
DH - 29
TTC since May 2013...
laf1015
Friend

Re: Mucinex?

Postby Esperanza19 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:22 am

Hi laf - I'm 26 too and been TTC since April. I came off the pill in Sept '10 after having taken it for 8 years and throughout all 8 years I ran 3 strips together on dr's advice. It took 12 months for my cycles to return completely to normal. Although the cycle length was consistent 6 months after coming off it took another 6 months for O and LP to return to normal. I used OPKs to monitor this. I took a break from TTC for many reasons and have been back at it since April. April and May I let nature take it's course. :bfn: :bfn: so in June I started OPKs. 3 more :bfn: :bfn: :bfn: So this cycle I'm also trying temping. Lots of BDing for us too. I know how frustrated you are. 4 months isn't long but I get that that isn't going to make you feel any better because I would be the same if the roles were reversed! :) I totally agree with you when you say it feels like forever, I'm the same. I also know what you mean when you say it shouldn't be this hard when you're young and healthy. I have colleagues in their early 30s and both did OPKs first month TTC and got :bfp: Where abouts in your cycle are you?
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby laf1015 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Esperanza! AF started today :( Maybe it would be better just to use an opk. I don't know... Do you have any recommendations on trying mucinex?
Me - 26
DH - 29
TTC since May 2013...
laf1015
Friend

Postby Esperanza19 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:34 am

Hi laf. I'll be totally honest and say I don't know anything about it, sorry. Have you been observing cm? If so have you noticed that it seems to be thick even at fertile times? If it is already very much like egg-white at fertile times, I wouldn't have thought thinning it further would do much but as I say I don't know anything about it. Damn AF :( At least you've got a few days now to think about what you want to do differently this month. I'm hoping I'm 3dpo now but can't confirm it on my chart as I only started temping 2 days before I O'd so there isn't enough data. OPKs don't lie though so gonna hold out at least 6 more days but more if I can and then test!
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s