hello everyone!!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

hello everyone!!

Postby kapane » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 pm

So happy I found this website! I'm very new at this, and trying to learn all the "lingo". I'm so glad there's others out there like me who are very anxious during the "two week wait". I am lucky now to not feel alone and crazy!

I'm 24 years old, and my husband and I just recently started to try to conceive. I was on birth control for about 9 years, and took all my doctors advice. Went off, had 3 regular periods, and started on prenatals.

I calculated when I'd be ovulating, and the best time to start trying, so we went for it!

We started trying in Hawaii (baby bucket list!!) and I am now 9dpo. It was strange because one time when we were trying to conceive, we both felt like that might have been it.

I don't have any breast tenderness, and no spotting as of yet. I am tired ALL the time, but it seems at night, I have insomnia and can't fall asleep. I have never had a problem trying to sleep prior. Quite the opposite, actually. I also have the white discharge I read about as an early symptom. (sorry if it's TMI, but it is not foul smelling) I have been crying all the time, and eating a ton too.

The strangest thing is I have had butterflies constantly in my stomach. Almost like when you're riding on a rollercoaster and your stomach suddenly drops. Has anyone had this as an early sign?

We are so ready for a little bundle of joy and hoping it is the right time. I tried to do everything by the books, but I know in a lot of cases, it's harder to get PG that way. Any insight would be so greatly appreciated.

I'm so happy to be a part of this little community! Good luck to everyone else trying to conceive as well. Can't wait to get to know you all!
Newbie TCC since Sept '13

Me: 24 DH: 27
Married since 12.03.2011
TTC #1
Cycle #2
kapane
Friend

Re: hello everyone!!

Postby randapanda » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:09 am

Hi and welcome to the community of sweet ladies here. You prob have found out that there are really sweet ladies here with helpful advice.
I am Randa, am 26 in November and hubby just turned 32. We have been married for a little over 6 yrs and have a 4yr old DS. We had a MC or miscarriage when we first got married and it took us about a year for our son. I was almost 6 weeks without knowing due to DG test cheapies being wrong :-).
We have been ttc since February of this year after waiting 4 to try and wait. I am irregular so its interesting trying to figure all this out lol.

Anyway, how are you doing? Anything new?
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ebc12311 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Ladies! I'm new here too and looking for buddies. I'm 27 and this will be my third cycle TTC. I have long cycles so it makes the waiting that much harder!
Me: 27
DH: 27
TTC #1 since June 2013
Long Cycles
2 fur babies!!
ebc12311
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby randapanda » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:26 am

Hi ebc. Welcome to the tww and I know it seems to go by slow or looks like it but sometimes it will go by without really realizing it so fast lol.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ebc12311 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Randa! Yes, it is going by fast it just feels like forever waiting for O time. haha I am trying to keep myself focused on other things and trying to stay positive. Have you found anything to be helpful for your irregular cycles?
Me: 27
DH: 27
TTC #1 since June 2013
Long Cycles
2 fur babies!!
ebc12311
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kapane » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Thank you guys forallthe replies, its so wonderful to meet you all and share in your experiences.

Randa, so sorry to hear about your MC. I cant imagine how it must feel to go through something like that. It seems like when you stop trying is when it falls into place. I wish you all the luck in the world TCC! Make sure to keep me updated!

Hi ebc! You're new here too? Waiting is the hardest part, especially for us newbies trying to do this for the first time, lol. Hopefully before we know it we will be PG and all the wait will be worth it.

No new news yet. I think I'm going to wait until my "missed period" on Tuesday to take a test. I don't want to get disappointed too early. Ive realized it takes time, but its so hard sometimes to see friends or family who don't even try, and it works the first time. Hard not to be jealous, I suppose. But it will happen when the time is right :)
Newbie TCC since Sept '13

Me: 24 DH: 27
Married since 12.03.2011
TTC #1
Cycle #2
kapane
Friend

Postby randapanda » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:38 am

Well for me right now I am getting used to staying at home mom chores since we just moved where my DH works. He is a maintenance man. My only alone time is two and a half hours to myself and then go get my DS from school for half a day due to him in Pre K. He is getting so big before my eyes. He apparently knows more than I do lol.

On making time fly, hmmm well it seems to fly for me with just stuff to be done but I do find it frustrating since I am so used to AF being heavy and she has been very light and short. Also testing is a downer but it also helps with time to go by some how lol. I do cheapies right now even though dont really trust them but I can POAS lol so it works.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 am

Kapane, I am excited for you to test on Tuesday and cant wait. KUP

Hope its a happy Friday for all.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s