TTC, need some advice about corpus luteam cysts

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC, need some advice about corpus luteam cysts

Postby NCJ » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:35 am

Hey all i am ttc for 3months now i know its not along time comparing to others but darn it is a emotional thing. I stop BC and then had a normal cycle after that i started bleeding more frequently and alot like every 2 weeks. I went to see a gynae, wich during the ultra sound told me i have a corpus luteam cyst of about 2.8cm. And told me it is nothing to worry about at this stage said my uterus is good and clear so i wont have a period soon. Now there is a million questions will i be able to conceive quickly? And not sure do you get youre period with such a cyst? How will i know when it is gone? How do i determine ovulation date now?
Any body have some answers? I spend hours and hours ons google doing research.

Thanx
NCJ

Re: TTC, need some advice about corpus luteam cysts

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm not sure, but I think that's a normal cyst after ovulation. How are you doing? I know I'm late to posting.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peasinapod » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I do not know for sure if my cyst was corpus luteam. All I know was I had an ovarian cyst. The only Eason I even knew about it was because I was having pain after treatment for endo so I had a lap and my cyst was a little over 6cm. My doctor drained it and I had bleeding for days after. This was my first month off of bc so I didn't know if it was my cycle or from the surgery. At my two week follow up I was out on progesterone to jump start my cycle. I have ovulated and had a period ever since. I have several friends with cysts who have normal cycles and have children. I think it just depends on the person and size/type of cyst
Me 28 DH 34
TTC #1 since August 2013
Chemical Oct 2013
Chemical/miscarriage Dec 2013
Peasinapod
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:10 am

My doctor has said cysts are pretty common even for "normal" cycles. If your doctor was confident you were okay I'd trust her. If you have more questions I always like to call the phone nurse at my office that way you save time and money on an actual appointment.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby SouthernBelle_87 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:24 am

Hi ladies! I was diagnosed with cysts back in June. The doctor didn't specify what kind I have. They did an u/s to figure it out. The only reason I knew was because I was having terrible pain in my lower abdomen that felt like a knife was stabbing into me! It was awful! I was told by my dr that it wouldn't have any effect on my fertility. DH and I have been TTC for 6 months now. I was on bc pills from when I was 17 up until the beginning of this year. (I'll be 27 in a few months) I have only had pain from the cysts that one time and again just a few weeks ago. I was also told that they "come and go" with cycles. :/ not fun to deal with that's for sure!!
Me(27) DH(27)
TTC#1 Since July 2013
4/2014: DX PCOS
5/2014: DH's SA shows high count, motility, and morphology!

6/16/14: Cycle 1 Femara+Pregnyl trigger shot... :bfp: on 7/13!!
SouthernBelle_87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s