Doc THINKS I'm pregnant... Tests are Neg...

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Doc THINKS I'm pregnant... Tests are Neg...

Postby allisonicole7493 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 am

Hello!
Hubby and I have been TTC for a little of a year now. At the beginning of the month my doctor put me on Metformin to help with my PCOS. AF last visited 9/23. On 10/17 I had EWCM (for the first time in a year.) My DH and I BDed that night and the night after. Well, on 10/21 I had some cramping (mainly on the right side) and when I went to the bathroom I noticed just the slightest tint of pink/beige on the toilet paper. Since then I have been more nauseous, A LOT more irritable, REALLY hungry but when I get food it makes me want to throw up, headaches, dizziness... and most recently I feel like I have a heavy sensation in my pelvis. My legs hurt, but only up on my inner thighs, and it all loops around to my lower back. When I went to see my doctor yesterday he told me, "I really think you might be pregnant this time... it's just too early to tell." Well... WHAT!? What am I supposed to think now? I mean, I ALWAYS think I'm pregnant... so my mind can't really be reliable... but what does it mean when the doctor tells you? I want to believe it, and I have been... (taking the extra precautions, ACTING like I'm pregnant) I'm just so confused and nervous... I have taken about 5 tests now, all BFN... but based on my dates I know it's possible to be too early... has this happened to ANYONE else? I need a little hope here... FX!

allisonicole7493
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Doc THINKS I'm pregnant... Tests are Neg...

Postby Notsae » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:48 am

Hi allisonicole,
Do you usually have long cycles? Do you temp or use OPK's to help you know when you O? I think that based on your symptoms of EWCM on Oct 17 and the spotting on Oct 21 along with right sided pain, that you didn't actually O untul Oct 21. That would only put you at 2dpo which would be way to early to get a BFP. Hang in there, and fingers crossed this will be your month!
Notsae
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby allisonicole7493 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 am

thank you so much! I don't temp or use OPK (yet)... I was waiting on AF to show up so I could start fresh on a chart.

allisonicole7493
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bee Bee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Unfortunately, if you possibly O'd around the 17th (I assume you might of O'd the next day or even the day after that) Then you are probably only 8DPO to 6DPo and it really is hard to tell just yet. D: I think some ladies can see a BFP as early as 11DPO. But obviously, 14DPO is best.

If you arent temping or using OPKs its hard to tell just when you O'd, but I'd say maybe sometime between the 17th to the 19th, if you saw EWCM. (I personally O'd 5 days after seeing EWCM the first time. Then had EWCM on O day only) But as Notsae said, you might not of actually O'd until the 21st.

So, I would say maybe give it another week? Then also, if you do go back to the doc, I believe they can blood test a week after possible conception. So, you might try going that route as well.
Me (Brittany): 28
DH (Huy): 32
TTC #1 since September 2013. :bfp: December 2, 2014. Pregnancy was Ectopic. Methotrexate 12/17. :bfp: Feb. 16, 2015

My Ovulation Chart
Bee Bee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s