TTC after taking birth control for 5+ years

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after taking birth control for 5+ years

Postby MaidenMN » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Good evening ladies!

Before this past August, I had been on birth control for almost 7 years. I was pregnant at age 20 but miscarried right before my 2nd trimester and underwent a D&C. Following that experience I have been on BC ever since. I am now 27 and married, and ready to TTC and very excited about it! I decided to go off BC in August due to a gluten allergy and now this November we have made the decision to start trying for a family :-) .
In my first month (now 4 mo off BC) I began to have some crystal clear pregnancy symptoms right away such as fatigue, constant nausea, tender breasts, and heartburn (I never experienced these while on the pill). AF showed after only 21 days with severe cramps (so painful my legs went numb!) and only 2 days of menstrual, so December we were going to give it another go. I have had EVEN MORE pregnancy symptoms this month in addition to the symptoms last month, including a metallic tingling sensation in the back of my mouth, sensitive teeth, lower back spasms and aches. I am now currently 9dpo and am trying to figure out if I am still going through hormonal changes from going off birth control (I read the symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms), or if I am actually experiencing early pregnancy symptoms. I am almost positive I ovulated this month because I experienced sharp pains in my left ovary for about 3 hours on CD12. I took an Equate HPT yesterday with FMU and it was a BFN, so maybe I am still a little early? Hmmm still not sure.

How many of you ladies have had success TTC after long-term BC use, and how many of you have had mock pregnancy symptoms but they were actually just your hormones going back to normal? Is there anyone who thought they were mock pregnancy symptoms, but they actually ended up being REAL and you got a BFP? I'm so curious!

I will keep you all posted with what my outcome is as well!

Thank you all in advance!
MaidenMN

Re: TTC after taking birth control for 5+ years

Postby alexandra1234 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:11 am

There's gluten in birth control pills??!
Me, dh: 33
IUD out: 01/'13.
Dec '13: HSG: R tube clear, L blocked-ish, hydrosalpinx
Jan-Oct '14: TTC break
Nov '14: TTC back on!
Dec '14: Clomid #1! BFN :(
Feb '15: Clomid #2. BFN
March '15: 1st RE appt: IVF with ICSI is our only option.
3/23 saline sono: WTF is that polyp doing in my ute?! 3/26: Hysteroscopic polypectomy
4/28: Embryo retrieval! 15 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 9 frozen.
5/3: 5-day transfer. BFN. :(
6/9: 5-day frozen transfer. OMG BFP!!!

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MaidenMN » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:52 am

According to the research I have done (I have Celiac Disease), there is only one brand that "claims" to be gluten free and It is called Alesse. All others contain trace amounts!
MaidenMN

Postby MaidenMN » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Update:
Just took 2 Equate HPT's because I just had 'a feeling' when I was taking a bath. Both revealed faint BFP lines! I'm totally not 100% convinced yet, so I will wait 2 more days and take a FRER.
Keeping my FX!!
MaidenMN

Postby SouthernBelle_87 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Fingers crossed for you!
Me(27) DH(27)
TTC#1 Since July 2013
4/2014: DX PCOS
5/2014: DH's SA shows high count, motility, and morphology!

6/16/14: Cycle 1 Femara+Pregnyl trigger shot... :bfp: on 7/13!!
SouthernBelle_87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kandii » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi Maiden!
When I started my TTC journey I had been on bc pills for ten years.
My first cycle off the pill was 38 days long. The second cycle I actually got a BFP. Unfortunately, yesterday I got diagnosed with a blighted ovum. Its where the baby didn't develop but the placenta did. So right now we are dealing with a miscarriage. And this was my very first pregnancy. I got my FX that you have more luck then I did.
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s