Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Postby NarcissaLuna » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Hey all,

My name is Lauren and I'm 28. My husband (32) and I have been married almost a year and are wanting to start TTC. I currently have an IUS which I'm hoping to have removed on Monday morning (I went to the drop-in today but it was too busy and they couldn't see me). Basically I just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone had any great tips for starting trying. I've already installed the What to Expect - Fertility app on my phone to track my cycle so I know when I'm ovulating, and my friend who has a baby has given me a lot of support and tips, but I thought it would be great to be involved in a community of women who are in a similar position, for moral support and encouragment.

Just in case anyone is interested, I work part-time in a museum and volunteer three days a week for an Arts charity. I love fashion, Disney, Harry Potter and wine (which I'm soon going to have to sacrifice in favour of TTC!) I've wanted children my whole life but we feel that it is a good time to start trying as we're both in pretty stable jobs and have a pretty good routine for working around a child. :)

So, hi, and thanks for having me! I hope to get really involved as I really enjoy participating in active online communities and meeting new awesome people. :) <3 x
NarcissaLuna
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi and welcome, you are in good company for sharing. I've found it's not quite the same sharing with a friend who has kids but isn't trying since they aren't "in the moment" with you. Everyone here is pretty supportive and is going through it had gone through what you're experiencing so don't be shy!

Lots of people here really like the Fertility Friend app. I use it as well and found the emails they send right after signing up were really helpful in learning what to look for as far as fertility signs.

As for me, I'm also 28, ttc #1. I am in my 3rd cycle so I too am pretty new. My DH and I I recently moved and I am starting a new job tomorrow!

Hope all is well!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby NarcissaLuna » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:18 am

Hi,

Thanks muchly for the reply - sorry I have taken so long to get back to you! I will give the fertility friend app a try, thanks for the recommendation. I am on my first cycle since having the mirena removed and already pretty nervous about it. I think I'm just finishing ovulation and the waiting is tough! I am trying to distract myself with other things! :)
NarcissaLuna
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kandii » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Welcome :)

This board is a great place for support/ranting/general chat...well just about anything! :)

I am also trying for my first. I'm 25, DH is 27. We got a BFP in December and lost the baby a month ago. So my cycle is all out of whack, but ready to try again !
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Narcissa - waiting is the pits! If you have a hobby or something to do it helps! I knit a bunch. Hopefully it goes fast for you!

Kandii - how are you? I'm not glad your back of course but a familiar face is always welcome!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BABYBABY!!! » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:42 am

Hi Lauren! :welcome: GL on your ttc journey! :babydustg:
Me 30 DH 31
ImageImageImageImageImage
BABYBABY!!!
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Always - I'm doing good! how are you?? I am happy to find another familiar face :)
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Hey Lauren , girls... I have been lurking around the forums for a few months now and didn't know where or when to jump in, and I decided this would be the post to finally speak up and say HI! Will be nice to have a group of girls to talk to and share experiences with. My name is Jessica and I'm 26, just went off BC the end of November so I am still very new to all of this. Can't wait to get to know everyone!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby moobear831 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi girls... My name is Kari. I'm 24 and DH is 25. We've been married since Aug. 2013 and have been ttc since December.

french_mani, I'm like you... I've been reading these boards since dh and I started ttc, but I haven't really posted anything. I figured now was as good of a time as any to start making some friends who are also ttc :)
moobear831

Postby Kandii » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Welcome ladies! So good to have some new faces on here :)
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BABYBABY!!! » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:43 am

Hey ladies :welcome: :babydustg: :babydustg:
Me 30 DH 31
BABYBABY!!!
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby french_mani » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi Kari! Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies. I will have to work on making my profile a little more fun tonight.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby loveswineandbabies » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi there!!! Im new here too! Its so nice to meet you :)

I also love love love wine and am not looking forward to giving it up, but thats a small price to pay!!! Sounds like you are very prepared which is awesome!
loveswineandbabies
Friend

Postby BABYBABY!!! » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 pm

what CD is everyone and what's your TTC strategy? as for me not sure what CD I am still waiting for my cycle to return from after delivery but I'm pretty sure AF should be here any day now I feel very crampy and bloated which always happens before she pays a visit, my strategy is to check CM daily use OPK twice a day and BD BD oh yeah and BD :wink:
Me 30 DH 31
BABYBABY!!!
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby loveswineandbabies » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 am

Hey! Okay...still trying to learn all of the abbreviations....CD? I've been trying to chart every day, checking CM, and I just got a basal thermometer today so I am going to start using that as well. I've heard that doesn't really help to check if you are going to ovulate though...just if you have already ovulated.
I also got some strips but haven't had a positive yet.
I appear to have a really long cycle...Im on day 40 right now which sucks. Grrr...
loveswineandbabies
Friend

Next

Return to TTC in our 20s