Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Postby french_mani » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Thanks Kandii,

I am very nervous and in denial that he could be here any day now. My next appointment is Wednesday so hopefully I will have more of an idea if anything is going on :) How have you been?
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:55 pm

I've been good! Hayden said "momma" for the first time a couple weeks ago! His first word! I can't believe he's 7 months old already. Time sure flies.
Once your little man is here time will just go so fast. I can't wait to see his little pictures.
How are you feeling?
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Aww that is so sweet! Can't believe that little they can say mama- how cute!! At my appointment Wednesday the Dr said my cervix is soft, but that's it. Nothing else going on in there. My next appointment is Wednesday. I don't think he will be here by his due date, for some reason I am thinking Dec 3rd, don't know why other than that's what I've always thought lol. I feel pretty good other than my biggest complaint is it feels like my pelvis is broken in two and hurts every time I move.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Sounds pretty normal for third trimester! My son came 4 days early. So you just never know when they will show up. You'll have to give us an update when he arrives! :)
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Still no baby. Due date was 11/27. I knew he wouldn't be here before that hehehe. My Dr's appointment is tomorrow evening and I can't wait to see what he says. And my birthday is Tuesday. Monday was a bad day, my back was killing me so bad I couldnt find a position to get comfy, all i could do was cry in pain. I begged the Dr to see me and all he could say was that it was normal and I could take Tylenol and use the heating pad. Still no dilation at that point. He said cancel your appointment with me wednesday and come back and see me monday (which brings me to the appt. tomorrow). The next day was much better so I dont know what was going on that one day, maybe the baby was hitting a nerve or something. Now my tail bone feels dislocated and my pelvis feels all out of whack like its ripping and cracking apart.

anyway, thanks for letting me vent. its getting pretty lonely and boring being in the house all day with really nothing to do. went for a walk yesterday thinking it would feel better than sitting, but that was very painful as well.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

I hear the more walking you do the better. I worked right up until my son came. Figured it would be better to keep me moving.
And no worries!!! Rant away!
Can't wait to see pics and hear about the delivery! FX he doesn't make you wait too long <3
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Well, my prediction was right. I said back in the summer time that his birthday would be December 3rd which was kind of freaky that it turned out to be correct!

Jackson Thomas was born December 3rd at 6:39 PM. 7 lbs 13oz, 20.5" long.

I went to my dr's appt wednesday dec 2 at 5 pm and the Dr sent me right to the hospital to begin induction that night. we didn't even bring any of our stuff with us, because it did really not occur to me I wouldn't be coming home without a baby. We live an hour away so DH drove all the way home to get our bags while they hooked me up to the fetal monitor and let me order dinner before starting meds since it would be a long time before I could have real food.

At 10pm, they put in the cervadil as I was not dilated yet. They gave me a sleeping pill and told me to take it since I wouldn't sleep again for 18 years LOL. At 10am my Dr checked me and said that it had worked so they were going to move me to Labor & Delivery room. I was having contractions at this point, getting uncomfortable so they right away gave me my epidural before even starting my pitocin or breaking my water. the nurse could see the sheer look of panic on my face and i told her i was just so scared of the pain. by 12pm i had my epidural in and my pitocin started. at 3pm they checked me and i was already 10cm. i was not expecting it to go that fast. i started pushing but they could tell it would take me awhile, so they adjusted the bed so the way i was sitting the baby could come down more on his own... did this for about an hour and a half.

then started pushing again, one side of my epidural was wearing off and i had these horrible pains in my abdomen. the nurse said it should feel better when i push through a contraction- but it was getting more painful and i lost all concentration and started to cry and couldnt get my self together. they topped off my epidural or put something stronger in it because in 15 mins i was even more numb and even though it made it harder to feel what i was doing it was so much better. the nurse got my DR and said I could keep pushing for 2-3 more hours or he could use forceps to help me out. i said hell no i do not want forceps and pushed like heck for another hour and he was out. so all in all i pushed for like 3 hours, not all at once- but the last hour of it i just kept telling myself i didnt want them to use forceps and hey, it worked. recovery was way worse than the actual birth but i am feeling much better now. just enjoying every day with my little man.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday!!!

french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Debbkinz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:21 am

Awwhhh, ive just been reading through this post !

Babys absolutely adorable ! - congratulations! what a fabulous xmas pressie !

Me and my partner have been ttc for 7months now, an no luck.
Ive started pregnacare,to see if that helps. i believe i O'd yesterday ! But didnt manage to DTD! last time we had intercourse was 17th! :(
This trying to a baby thing can be bloody hard work an frusterating lol !
xx

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR 2016! :mrgreen:
Debbkinz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kandii » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 pm

OMG French Jackson is ADORABLE!!! Congrats!!

Now the craziness begins...LOL.

Sounds like you had one heck of a birth though. Hopefully you will heal right up soon and not have a long recovery. Did you have any tearing or anything?
I got super lucky and didn't tear and didn't require to be cut.

Merry Christmas!! Enjoy baby's first Christmas! I know I will :)
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:17 pm

@Debbkinz- welcome and thanks for joining in our post, keep us updated!

@ Kandii- thanks so much, I am glad we are still able to keep in touch. I am pretty much fully recovered- but applying for 6 more weeks of bonding time through the state so I get to stay home with Jackson more, I am so not ready to go back to work in less than 2 weeks when he is 6 weeks old. I had only minor tearing, but my DR said I was very lucky. Right now we will not be trying for another one for a WHILE!!!

Happy 2016 ladies!!
Happy & Healthy New year to you !!!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:32 am

Happy and Healthy 2016 to you as well French!

I can't believe Jackson is a month old already! Where does the time go?? How are you making out?
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:44 pm

I miss talking with everyone and all of the updates so hopefully we can all catch up soon! I have just been so busy taking care of the little boy and enjoying every day before I have to go back to work (next month) but so happy I have had this much time. He turned 3 months old yesterday and is a very sweet little boy.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:03 pm

Ladies! French and Kandii! I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you both in motherhood! French, your little guy is beautiful! I hope you were able to get 6 more weeks of time off. It's crazy to me that places of work don't allow for more time off!

Nothing new here! we took the winter off of ttc. By that I mean I just stopped temping, using opks and didn't call my doctor once! haha but this spring we are going to hit it hard and go after it with all we've got!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby CalRN03 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:37 am

Hi, I am 25 and hubby is also 25. I just went off birth control and we are starting to track cycles and ttc for #1. I work as any RN, so I do shift work. Not sure how tracking via basal body temp will work for me. Any advice is very welcome!
CalRN03
Friend

Postby Kandii » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:28 am

French! How is Jackson? How was the transition back to work??

Always! Any updates? It's summertime now. I have my fingers crossed for good news :)
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC in our 20s