Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Postby Kandii » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:09 am

I'm still waiting for my first AF post miscarriage so I don't really have a CD yet. But I can start counting once it shows up!
I am going to use OPKs and see how that works out. Plus BD every 3 days once AF stops. The BDing every three days worked last time without OPKs but I want to know when I ovulate this time.
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BABYBABY!!! » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:24 pm

loveswineandbabies wrote:Hey! Okay...still trying to learn all of the abbreviations....CD? I've been trying to chart every day, checking CM, and I just got a basal thermometer today so I am going to start using that as well. I've heard that doesn't really help to check if you are going to ovulate though...just if you have already ovulated.
I also got some strips but haven't had a positive yet.
I appear to have a really long cycle...Im on day 40 right now which sucks. Grrr...

CD is cycle day you're on CD 40
Me 30 DH 31
ImageImageImageImageImage
BABYBABY!!!
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby french_mani » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 pm

As for me I am on cycle day 23 and since I have been keeping track the past 3 cycles have been about 28 days long. The thing is I do not know exactly when I am ovulating. I track CM and symptoms but do not temp or use OPKs. The reason is just b/c I didn't want to start doing that right off the bat. I really find the fertility friend website useful as well. I have to admit, the last time I was in the dollar tree it was so tempting to fill up my basket with the little $1 OPks!!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Hey ladies! I've been busy with a new job the last week and a half after 6 good weeks of unemployment. I've been tired trying to adjust to the new schedule, so I haven't had a chance to stop by.

Welcome to the new ladies! Glad to have you!

Loveswine - I'm with ya on the long cycle. I'm cd 40something and no real sign yet. Mega sucks. I have a bottle of wine waiting for me when AF arrives!

French - I think it's wise to wait I temp, especially if you have a predictable cycle. Keep it simple and fun, and bd regularly! Are you going to test soon or wait til AF is late?

AFM - I'm cd 40something (uhg) and I started temping this cycle. So far no pattern has emerged from my chart. I've had new to me cm (pinkish) and I thought it meant something but it's been coming and going for over a week now. My DH and I don't bd much these days due to our living situation but we are hoping that will change soon (when is soon? I wish I knew!).

I'm glad everything seems to be going well for everyone!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Feels like the past few days flew by here as well!

Alwaysherebefore- Thanks for the advice, and AF decided to show 3 days early so now I'm all of a sudden on CD2.
Hope you settle in to your new schedule as easily as possible!

DH decided on a recent visit to see his parents that he would share with them that we were basically TTC. I guess the reaction was not what he wanted to hear and of course when I heard this I was a little upset and honestly it still bothers me. This is why i thought we decided to keep this to ourselves until I actually am pregnant. Anybody else deal with this kinda thing?

Off for the next 2 days so I will talk to you guys soon!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:54 am

That's a bummer that DH told them and also that they were less than excited. That can put a damper in things. I hope you can put it out of your mind and do what you and DH have decided is best for the two of you. Perhaps when you've conceived they'd will be on board and excited for you.

My DH and I chose to not tell our parents. We have told the friends we are living with because they too are ttc so we are in good company.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:08 pm

I am trying to let it not bother me, we have seen them twice since and it hasn't come up. I guess everyone has their opinions...

That's awesome that you can share that with your friends since they can really relate to you. In our group of friends we are the first to do everything. We were the first to move in together, get engaged, get married and now TTC. So we always joke that we have to do everything first. When we hang out with friends they are not talking about babies LOL.

I wonder where the rest of our friends have gone?! Hope to catch up with everyone else soon...
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 am

We told no one about us TTC. We did announce the pregnancy really early cause we were so excited but un-telling them was the worst experience.
We've decided not to tell anyone of any future plans just so we don't have to un-tell anyone ever again
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:28 pm

French - your the first to do everything and I feel like my husband and I are the last! It's funny though cuz I was a nanny for almost 5 years and even though I have no kids of my own all my friends call me for advice! Hopefully all that "training" will pay off.

Kandii - uhg, I can't imagine how hard untelling was. I think it's wise to wait, although I'm not very good at keeping secrets so that would be hard.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kandii » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm terrible at keeping secrets too, that's why we told. We didn't know it would end like that. But what can you do?

I'm looking forward to trying again. Nervous and excited. Just waiting for the body to smarten up so I can. lol.
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:13 pm

I also am pretty terrible at keeping secrets! Is it a woman thing or is it just most people?! LOL
I think being on this board is keeping me sane so far and saving me from many conversations I don't necessarily want (or can) have with my friends. It is kind of crazy to think how many hours a week I spend online each week just researching all these questions I have or looking at charts and articles. The first month or 2 was like almost a little overboard.
I have a question for you ladies... if I want to start using OPKs, what cycle day should I start using them? Right now I am on CD8...
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:06 pm

It might be a woman thing! My husband is like Fort Knox with secrets! It's drives me bananas because I HATE surprises!

As for the OPKs - I don't use them but I thought day 10. I wasn't sure so I googled it and this page has a chart that tells you what day you should start based on your cycle length.

Edit - I forgot the link! http://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/opk.html
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks for posting that link, the chart is very helpful! Now to decide what to do...
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:23 pm

I was going to try using OPKs this round too. But I know very little about them!

I got pregnant without them the first time, but I think I would like knowing when about I O cause prior to TTC I was on birth control and had been for a very long time. So I don't actually know how long a "normal" cycle is for me. And with the miscarriage it will be even more messed up now. lol. Yeesh!

So...OPKs here I come! :D
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kandii » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:38 pm

PS Always that is an awesome link!
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s