Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:56 pm

You are both welcome!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Kandii- how long were you on b/c? I took the pill for almost 8 years. Didn't realize it was even that long until just now when I was typing it!

I had planned to stop at dollar tree on the way home from work since i have heard good reviews on their OPks, but i have been feeling sick with a cold for the past 3 days so I really just wanted to get home into my Pjs and on the couch! ugh, maybe tomorrow!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:46 pm

I was taking bcp for 9 years. I got pregnant my second cycle off the pills but I lost the baby 10 weeks in.
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks for sharing, good to hear you are ready to try again. When I decided to stop taking my bcp I felt like I was being "bad" anyone else feel the same way?!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:32 pm

We totally felt that way! I couldn't stop think about it the first time but I didn't say anything for fear of ruining the mood. Of course after we had finished DH made some comment about it, totally obnoxious.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kandii » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:57 pm

I felt that way too. Like we were breaking some unwritten rule and would be punished. LOL. So funny.
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:29 pm

My husband is so sweet. My long cycles have us both a little frustrated since it's so out of our control. He's back in another state packing up our old house before we close on it this month and while there he saw some guys he knew from high school who are what he called "d-bags". Three of those dudes knocked up their girlfriends by total accident. My DH called to tell me how unfair the world was, that these guys didn't even want to have kids and here we are trying and so far no luck. I thought it was sweet that he too wants this and feels the same frustration I do.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:52 pm

@Kandii & Alwaysherebefore- I feel not as crazy, knowing I am not the only one who felt that way. This morning I had to go to urgent care b/c I am feeling so sick (head cold) and the nurse asked me "are you still taking bc once a day?" and i said "no" even then I felt like i was gonna get yelled at! LOL.

@Alwaysherebefore- Your husband is very sweet, so nice that you are together in this when everything else is out of your control. I know I feel the same way when my husband makes comments about us having a baby. I know he is different in the way he expresses his emotions and I have to realize just because he doesn't want to sit down and have long talks about it or doesn't spend hours online researching (like me!) that he doesn't want the same thing. I had to laugh when you said "d-bags" he went to HS with, bc that sounds like something my DH would say and sadly I think we all know people like that! Or at least see it on a regular basis on Facebook.

I need to get myself feeling better again. I have had a nasty head cold since Thursday and finally gave to to see a dr. today after my DH dragged me there. ( i like to work work work until i get too sick) He told me to stay in bed and rest for three days so i can start feeling better. I gave him a look like "do you even know me? i dont call out, i need to work!" so today was my day off, and tomorrow i will stay home and rest. i will be back to work on wednesday though.
I am on CD11, and never made it to the store to purchase my OPKs.... just feeling too sick and am practically counting myself out for this month.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:30 pm

I hate head colds! So uncomfortable!
When I get sick with a cold or flu I am actually not allowed to go to work because I am in the healthcare field and work with high risk people so my being sick = no work for me. It sucks. I hate calling in sick. I always feel like I miss too much if I'm not there!

@Always - how did the move go? We got disconnected there for a bit!
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Kandii- I hate calling in sick too, it would drive me nuts if they told me I could absolutely not go into work, but I understand why it has to be that way. I decided to listen to the Dr. and I took today off to stay home and rest. I feel soooo much better today, I feel human again! So much better that I went out and bought a couple of OPKs even though I'm already on CD 11. I really feel I need to start using these to fill in the missing pieces so I feel like I know a little more what's going on with my body. Anyway, I took it a few hours ago and I don't know how to interpret it because the one line is not as dark as the other ?? Well, gotta start somewhere, right?! I really have no clue what I'm doing still LOL
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:37 am

So I have never used OPKs myself but I just bought a pack of them to try next cycle and from my understanding it says the line matching up with the "T" needs to be as dark as the "C" line or darker. That would indicate a positive and you would ovulate sometime within 12-36 hours.
Your test looks negative to me. So not an LH surge yet.
Keep in mind even if you get a positive OPK that doesn't garauntee you will ovulate. It just predicts about when in your cycle you do.
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 am

French - I hope you're feeling better soon! Being sick is the pits. As for the opk, I'm no expert and never used them myself but I'd say not quite positive yet.

Kandii - the move went well. DH is really enjoying his new job now that he's settled in and used to the way they run things here. I started my new job about 2 weeks ago and I enjoy it, although I still have a lot to learn to be totally proficient. We are still living in our friends basement which isn't ideal but we are thankful to have this as our transition. We close on the house we moved out of april15th and hopefully after that we will either find something great to buy (ideally) or a decent rental.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:22 pm

I didn't do OPK yesterday, but today it was negative for sure... no line at all. I should have done it yesterday too, but I was too annoyed at DH because he was "too full" after we went out to dinner. He is taking a very relaxed approach and it was getting on my nerves! ughh!!! so I guess I am now 1DPO
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Uhg, that's so annoying! Of all the times a man would turn down some lovin'!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kandii » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:08 am

It's funny men always seem to turn down the lovin' when you are wanting the lovin'' the most!
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s