Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Postby kristine4727 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Congratulations on the upcoming little one!

I have been on birth control since I was 16, a whole assortment of different methods. So kind of worried that taking birth control that long had an effect on me. For the most part we are staying positive and just trying not to over worry about it.
Journey to Baby W
Me: 29 Father: 36
Removed Paragard IUD on 12/16/14
TTC since 12/16/14
1st Miscarriage 5/15
kristine4727
Friend

Postby french_mani » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Welcome Kristine!
I am so glad you found us! We have all been together on our journeys for quite some time now as you can see!

Kandii- I can't believe it's almost your due date, do you feel like it has been going by fast or slow for you????!!!!

I went to the dr. today and he did the vaginal type ultrasound. i am only 5 weeks and 5 days but it was so cool to see the little sac in there and the little white dot inside! so he said my due date is 11/27/15. Black Friday!!! Looks like I wont have to be working that dreaded day in retail this year! LOL

so anyway back to how DH and I found out.... we were both in a wedding on the weekend of 3/14/15. i only had a couple of drinks- just didn't feel like I was in the mood to drink but we did dance and party all weekend. Sunday night when we got home, i felt like i did 1,000 crunches and my abs felt super weird. i also had two very weird dreams that day. one of them was that we had a baby boy. none of these things really sunk in because every month i would have symptoms, but i was so used to seeing the pregnancy test be negative . i really think using the wondfo OPKs did the trick last month.

so anyway... i went out with a couple of girls from work on st. pattys day (march 17th) and had one drink. again didn't really feel like drinking- but never thought i was pregnant, or even i was i knew i couldn't test for awhile. my period wasn't due until about saturday or so...

the next morning, i don't know why but i got up and not with my FMU but second, took a wondfo test and saw a very very faint line, but it was so faint, i wasn't even thinking it could be anything. i even went about my day for a few more hours before i went to the drugstore and bought a digital test. i didn't even want to "waste" it. i mean it was like $19 a box! LOL but i came home and it was like in the afternoon, and i was so nervous waiting to read it, i was just breathing so hard with my hand over my mouth and thats where my hand stayed for about the next 20 minutes, because i looked at it and it said "YES +" ..... so i slowly open the door , my hand is still over my mouth and DH is sitting there waiting for me, and he's like "soooooo???" and i just hold it up and show him. and i was just in shock like OMG is this real? OMG stop it! and he was just laughing and smiling saying "you're gonna be a mommy" and it was just an awesome but shocking day. still really can't believe it- but after going to the dr today it is certainly feeling more real.

so i got some samples of prenatal vitamins, and i go back in two weeks, just bc its so early and he wants to make sure its growing properly... will be back to check up with you girls soon!!!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kristine4727 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:43 am

Congratulations! Very excited for you two!

It is still a few days yet before I can test and see an accurate result but I will keep ya posted.
Journey to Baby W
TTC since 12/16/14
1st Miscarriage 5/15
kristine4727
Friend

Postby french_mani » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:58 am

Please do!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:03 pm

Hey ladies!! Just wanted to throw in an update for you.

Hayden was born March 24, 2015 at 10:40pm weighing 6lbs 7oz and measuring in at 19 inches long! Its been a crazy few weeks as we learn and try to settle into a routine but we are so in love with our new family member.

Hope you are all doing well! :babydustg: :babydustb:
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:35 am

Oh Kandii he is absolutely precious!!!!!!! Congratulations on your beautiful boy, and thank you for sharing your journey with us!!!!!!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:27 am

Kandii, he's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us! Happy parenthood to you and your dh!!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Kandii » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Thanks ladies!!
I can't wait to read your journeys :)
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Hoping to hear lots of updates from you girls! I went to the dr's again today two weeks after my last visit. I am now 7 wks,5 days. Had another trans vaginal Ultrasound and saw the heartbeat so I was relieved. The Dr. said it's basically just a blob with a heartbeat and he printed out a picture for us. We have a Sunday family dinner with DH's family and its his moms birthday so we plan on telling them then. My parents we will see hopefully shortly after that, and then we wont tell anyone else until a few weeks later. I want to tell my best friend and sister in person so its going to take a while to tell everyone since I dont want to do it over the phone. Everything looks good though and my next appointment is May 13th. I will try to upload the US picture if i can remember how to
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kristine4727 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:41 pm

On April 7th, I took a First Response Pregnancy test and there was a faint line, waited a week and it was way clear and two lines showed up before I could set it down!!! Very exciting! We go in on May 13th for my eight week appointment (which I will be 9 weeks by then, by my calculations) but that is when we will get our first ultrasound done.

Anyways, thought I would update you all!!!
Journey to Baby W
TTC since 12/16/14
1st Miscarriage 5/15
kristine4727
Friend

Postby french_mani » Wed May 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Congratulations!!!!!! Keep us posted !!!!!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Wed May 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Congrats!!

I can't believe you BOTH have appointments May 13th! Keep us posted :)
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristine4727 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Not so good news, I was spotting quite regularly and my HCG levels never surpassed 201.
A few days ago I took a pregnancy test and it said Not Pregnant.
We are going to try again in a few months.
Journey to Baby W
TTC since 12/16/14
1st Miscarriage 5/15
kristine4727
Friend

Postby Kandii » Tue May 12, 2015 3:43 am

I'm so sorry to hear Kristine :(
FX the next one is a sticky bean.
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Fri May 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi girls,
I can't believe it is almost June! I promised to update which of course I didn't!!! I did nothing but sleep for about 8 weeks and barely could get on the computer after work sometimes LOL. Well I am now 14 weeks, 1 day and I am feeling great and energetic now. I really can't complain so far- no morning sickness just was really tired. My next appointment is the second week in June and it seems like forever in between appointments, so I am just reading a lot online and books to read about what to expect each week. I hate thebump.com pregnancy boards, but i use the app so i read the posts but i do not participate. anyway, almost all of the girls on the November 2015 board know the gender of their baby already and have known for weeks. am i missing something??!! i thought you couldnt find out until 20 weeks???!!!! i would straight out ask them, but i know they would basically yell at me and make me feel like a dumbass- so I figured I'd ask here.

will talk to you girls later :)
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s