Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Newb preparing to start trying for the first time!

Postby french_mani » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:15 am

Yeah apparently! And I have been very careful to not say anything about O'ing or anything like that. Whatever he is up to, I don't like it! Although I don't think I will get the result I want I am finding it helpful in my chart to at least have a better idea of when O was for me.
What's going on with the rest of you? Anything new?
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Of course you can't mention O! Seems like that gives them stage fright!

Nothing new here. Just crazy musings in my head. I think I want to test to rule out pregnancy although I don't feel pregnant *at all* so it seems like a waste of a good pee stick. I'm stressing over this whole new doctor thing but why? I don't have a lot of options so it should be easy!

I got my first "relax and it will happen" comment yesterday. She's a close friend and I know she means well but with whacky cycles that isn't my issue. And even though my cycles are whacky I've been pretty chill about the whole thing. Bah.

Outside of the whole ttc bubble life is good though! New job is going great and I think DH and I found a temporary apartment! Yay!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:17 pm

When can you test? Do you think you will? I know what you mean about wasting a good pee stick and I had to smile :D I always have said that I think I would know right away when I was pregnant, and I have never really had that feeling.
"Relax and it will happen".... i can't. I never realized how it would offend someone and I'm sure a few years ago I probably would have stupidly said that to someone because I didn't know what else to say to try and make them feel better. But now I view it completely differently. That's awesome to hear about your new job and the apartment... all good stuff!!!

I am 3DPO (I dont temp but Im pretty sure) and I am already over this TWW. I feel like I don't have that good of a chance this month.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Well I'm on day 57. So I'm sure I could test anytime. I did start temping this month and there's NO sign of ovulation but maybe my thermometer isn't accurate enough? I mean it probably is but these are the things I think. I hate long irregular cycles.

Only 3 dpo? Uhg the wait is gonna be so long! I hope you can find a way to distract yourself!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Day 57, omg I'm sure that seems like forever. I forgot you mentioned you have super long cycles... you have to take your temperature the same time every day when you wake up right?
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 am

Yes, temp everyday that the same time when you wake up. I've been pretty inconsistent with it though. This long cycle has made me want to give up temping.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby french_mani » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 am

I am really awful at being consistent with MANY things, it's awful. I wonder where oh where have all of our other girls gone?! Maybe they will return to us, I would love to see what's been going on with everyone! Time is just going soooo sloowww!
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:42 am

I hear ya with the time going so slow!!

Work has been very busy lately so I was a bit pre-occupied.
DH and I have decided to NTNP this month. We both need a break. Lol
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:35 am

I am so impatient. I tested yesterday at 8dpo and this morning at 9dpo even though I knew it was too early. DH convinced me and then I had to explain to him how things actually work and take time. So now I think he is at least trying to understand. I told him you have to trust me when I tell you it's too early because we will just be disappointed. Tonight I'm going to a friends house for dinner and I really just want a glass or three of wine.
@Kandii- I think after a few more months we will need a break too and do the same thing. I get very anxious and stressed out very easily.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:45 pm

I do too. Work has been absolutely chaos lately and it's not helping my stress levels with TTC. Lol.
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:02 am

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend whether you're working or have off. What does everybody like to do in their free time?

I am officially addicted to POAS. I'm 10 dpo and of course couldn't help myself first thing this AM. My BBs are getting more tender each day and they just feel so weird the past couple of days.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:38 am

I like to read or play games on my computer :)

I can't wait to POAS again! I'm pretty far away from that still though lol
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby french_mani » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:30 pm

does anybody have any good links for websites about HPT sensitivity? Am I just torturing myself by testing every morning? I have been using the dollar tree ones b/c they are cheap, but if there's no way they will detect early, then there's no point. Today I have like ZERO symptoms so I don't know what to think.

In my free time lately I have just been constantly cleaning the house, that's what I do when I'm in a funky mood, bored or stressed. I'm weird, I know. But for fun I like to watch reality TV, go shopping and I am obsessed with candles so I am always "playing" with them around my apartment.
I need to seriously find a hobby though. I used to scrapbook and stamp cards, but since we moved into a smaller apartment I got rid of all my crafting supplies :( My next project will be writing 100 Thank You notes for our wedding gifts, since it's going on 9 months married and I HAVE to get them done soon!! I feel so horrible about it already, but they are being printed as we speak.
french_mani
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:56 pm

I usually just google it. There is a few websites that compare the sensitives of pregnancy tests.

AFM I think I am on CD12 today. My cycle is quite messed up from the MC so it's just a guess. We were told to wait for 1 AF before actively TTC again so basically need to wait for AF to show. Feeling pretty good today.
DS born March 24th, 2015

Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:20 pm

I could have sworn I replied to this yesterday...oh well!

French, that stinks you got rid of all your crafting stuff! Is that something you'd like to do again someday? Also, I found this chart, seems like a pretty comprehensive one for hpt sensitivity - if you haven't already found one. http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test ... rison.html

Kandii, what type of books do you read? I haven't finished a book in a while and maybe you could reccommend something good!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s