ugh frustrating no af but bfns

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

ugh frustrating no af but bfns

Postby mommyoftwo21 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 pm

This is so confusing. My bf accidently bought opks instead of hpt and I took one for fun on CD 21 ( usually 28-30) and it was positive, didn't think anything of it since my cycles are never 36 or more days, thought I already ovulated. Well AF supposed to arrive today but didn't, cervix high and closed tight. Not even a hint of spotting either, but got a bfn on a dollar general test tonight.
So not sure if I'm 9 dpo or just late and not enough hcg to show up yet.
What y'all think? Anyone else go thru this
mommyoftwo21
Friend

Re: ugh frustrating no af but bfns

Postby Happyfroggy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Although pregnancy can turn OPK's positive that affect only occurs after an HPT would have a dark line. So in other words, CD21 would be too early for that too happen so if it was positive it was most likely your LH surge meaning you had a late ovulation.

Now, since you aren't used to using OPK's I have to ask...are you sure it was positive? OPK's are different from HPT in that you can have a faint line all cycle and that is NOT considered a positive. OPK's are only positive if the test line is darker or equally as dark, as the control line.

So if you are sure the OPK was positive than I would definitely say you had a late ovulation and therefore your period will be equally late. Good luck!
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: ugh frustrating no af but bfns

Postby mommyoftwo21 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:55 pm

The lines were as dark as the control. Been 4 days in a row now of positive opk starting last friday. I didn't have any fertile mucus when I got the first positive on the first but I did around CD 10-14.
Three days late and cervix is closed tight like unusually tight, usually I can get a little of my finger in there throughout my cycle that I've not been pregnant, but its like the jaws of life couldn't open it now. My uturine area feels kinda full, and sometimes get dull aches on my right side. Never had this before even with my other two pregnancies, other than closed cervix.
Taking a frer tomorrow morning..hope hope hope its bfp :-)
mommyoftwo21
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s