hi ladies, newbie to this forum! ttc friends welcome:)

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

hi ladies, newbie to this forum! ttc friends welcome:)

Postby kaylarendon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum (well all forums in general lol) so I apologize in advance for not using all abbreviations or wording things right lol

My DH(23) and I(21) have decided to start TTC for baby #1, we've been married 3 years now and have yet to be pregnant. We dont have any fertility issues that we know of . my periods were really regular when I was a teenager but when I got married they became irregular which was very weird, so went to a doctor and everything is fine with my reproductive system( now my periods are back to being somewhat regular, they come on their own every month which is a huge step!)
We recently started taking fertilaid for both of us and I've read so many positive success stories, I'm really hoping it works for us and soon! Has anyone else here tried fertilaid? Did it work for you? If it did, what was your schedule like for taking the pills?
Any information is welcome, we're new so any tips and/or tricks are very helpful:) thanks girls!
kaylarendon
Friend

Re: hi ladies, newbie to this forum! ttc friends welcome:)

Postby Jmarie5890 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi! My BF and I, i'm 24 and hes 32 (cradle robber i know hehe) have been TTC for a few months now with no luck! I just finished ovulating and now the TWW begins! Two months ago I was almost positive I was going to get a BFP, but instead got AF. I am looking for some TTC buddies on here because none of my girlfriends are TTC!
Jmarie5890
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby saradiane1990 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm looking for ttc buddies too :) I'm 24 DH is 26 and we are getting married July 2015 , hoping for a bfp asap so we have time to adjust to parenthood and I have time to lose the baby weight before the big day! :) af is due may 9, the 2ww sucks
saradiane1990

Postby ksj17 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:30 am

Hello ladies :) I am new here as well! Just to give you a brief introduction...

I am 25 and my husband just turned 27. We've been married for 4 years this fall, and have been ttc since Feb. (Tried in Jan, but after ovulation). I have never been on birth control ever in my life, so I thought this would be a little easier.
I have had regular AF's as well, every 28 days. I think it was in March or April that it came late for once and it ended up being a big negative! :(

Also, not sure if any of you are taking prenatal vitamins yet? I read that you are supposed to take them three months before you start ttc. I did and have been... :( (This is starting to get expensive lol)

I don't have many people to talk to about this either. My best friend got pregnant after her second try, my younger sister and brother in law just got pregnant (I think it was a surprise :) and my older sis has never had any or tried.
My mom passed away when I was 21 to breast cancer, but as far as I know she never had any problems ttc. She actually had my sister and I in her very late twenties and even early-mid thirties. (IF fertility can link back to your mom.)

I am going nuts over here. lol I don't have room to complain, because I can't imagine how painful it is for women who have been ttc for years. My 4 months (going on 5) seem nothing compared to that.

Hoping that you got a positive test @saradiane1990 !!
AF is due on Saturday...getting symptoms that could either be pregnancy or AF. The month I was late on AF I had alll of the symptoms and it ended up being a negative. :(
ksj17
Friend

Postby Jmarie5890 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi ksj! You sound like me! My hunny and I have been TTC since February/March, with no luck :( I also thought it would be a little easier! I am 24, havent been on birth control in years, and very regular periods. I have an app on my phone called period diary, it keeps track of your periods, ovulation, and you can document on there days you had sex, ive found it pretty useful!
Jmarie5890
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ksj17 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:50 am

I will have to check that out Jmarie!
I downloaded something similar called "Ovia". It seems like a good tool. You can enter in a large amount of information, like what your cm is like, if you're charting your basal body temperature, ovulation test results, your symptoms for that day, etc.
At first it seemed a bit much for me, but I haven't charted yet throughout this process. I've just "assumed" I ovulate on the 14th day since I'm pretty regular.

Got a BFN this morning. I always give in to taking a test a couple days before AF is due (which is Saturday). I am so impatient. lol
I just went on Amazon and ordered pre-seed and Clear Blue Ovulation Test Strips just to try something new this next month. I'm sure I'm going to extreme measures lol but I don't want to assume anything and figured this will at least assure me by knowing that we are trying everything in our power right now besides the obvious BD. lol
I have heard many times that some people are successful with charting and others get stressed and try too hard to map out their BD time & it turns into a chore. But like everything else, I think it's a 50/50 chance either way!

Trying to stay positive this week! We have also been looking for a house and found out yesterday that the second house we have put an offer on, the seller accepted another offer (same with the first). Grrrr. :)

Have any of you tried pre seed or charting? I'm new to this! :) Good luck to you ladies this month! :)
ksj17
Friend

Postby saradiane1990 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:52 pm

Hey :) I haven't tried charting yet and honestly I don't think I will because it'll make me go crazy! I'll read into it too much basically, I know it can be helpful but for now we will bd and hope for the best. I'm on cd 35 and bfn :( it's my first month off birth control, did any of you have longer cycles after bc? Also, I use fertility friend to track my cycles, cm, and baby dancing! (The baby dancing is the best part ofcourse ;) )

Sara
saradiane1990

Postby Leezie » Mon May 19, 2014 6:51 am

saradiane1990 wrote:Hey :) I haven't tried charting yet and honestly I don't think I will because it'll make me go crazy! I'll read into it too much basically, I know it can be helpful but for now we will bd and hope for the best. I'm on cd 35 and bfn :( it's my first month off birth control, did any of you have longer cycles after bc? Also, I use fertility friend to track my cycles, cm, and baby dancing! (The baby dancing is the best part ofcourse ;) )

Sara

My first month off the pill my period took 35 days to come on it's own, I heard for some women it can actually take up to 3 full months to come back. This month AF came at 30 days, but I have a fairly irregular period when not on bc.

Sorry for just jumping ladies, I'm looking for some ttc buddies as well to make the road a lot less lonely. I feel I can only talk so much about this to my DF before he goes crazy.
I'm 27 and he's 22, we have a daughter together already and are currently trying for #2, now going onto our 3rd cycle of trying. Because of my irregular periods I'm going to I be trying out FertiliTea this cycle and see if that helps, as well as doing the BD every other day since it's hard to pin point O. So kmfx!
Me - 27 DF - 22
DD 4
BFP on August 18th!! (6 cycles of ttc) EDD April 25th

My Ovulation Chart
Leezie
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s