5 DPO, Who wants to wait with me :)

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

5 DPO, Who wants to wait with me :)

Postby SRedding » Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Hello all! I am just looking for a cycle buddy to wait out this miserable two week wait with me. This is by far my worst one. I took clomid days 5-9, had TERRIBLE cramps days 13,14,15 and then day 16 had a significant temp increase. We of course did the deed all of these days. We also used preseed for the first time ever. I am really hoping this is our cycle as i am not sure i can do many more, im losing hope. I should also mention im an OB nurse and most of the nurses on my night shift are pregnant, seems unfair :( So who wants to wait this out with me?!?!

Husband: 22- low sperm count and morphology
ME: 24
ttc: 18 cycles (very rigorously for 11ish)
SRedding
Friend

Re: 5 DPO, Who wants to wait with me :)

Postby xibinha » Fri May 02, 2014 9:18 am

Hi! I am new to the forum, I have been reading threads of people going through the same like me for a while and I felt I just needed to share too! It will be great not to be alone...

I also took clomid das 5-9 for the first time and in theory I am also 5 DPO, although I am not sure I ovulated, I had EWCM day 18 and mild cramps and bloating for three days around O but the temp rise isn t very clear... It is also my first month charting and actually our first month serioulsy ttc because I have been on the pill for many years as a teatment for PCO (I might have PCOS but I haven t been diagnosed) didn t O on my own. I live in Cape Verde (a small developing African country) and my OB gave me clomid after confirming that my ovaries are ok and sperm count and quality are good but she is not going to do any monitoring and that s disturbing because I want to know a least if clomid is working and not doing any harm! I am 29 and husband 36.

I didn t have any side effects besides decreased CM. Since OPKs cannot be found here, I will get my progesterone levels tested next monday (the wait is killing me...). I ve ordered preseed and a few OPKs from abroad and hopefully they ll get here on time for my next cycle.

I was so excited to finally start wih clomid I wasn t expecting it to be so stressing and emotionally draining.

I totally undersand how you feel, I am surrounded by pregnant women and babies and people consantly ask me when it will be my turn...
xibinha

Postby saradiane1990 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:30 pm

I honestly can't say I know how you feel, as I'm only in my first month of ttc. According to ff I am 5-8dpo right now :) af due may 9. the tww is unbearable! Will this be your first child?
saradiane1990

Postby lindz110 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Hello all, I am 24 and this is our 2nd mobth ttc after a miscarriage in January. AF is due may 5th so I am around 12dpo. I have not charted anything and I am waiting to see if she arrives this month or not. It has been a long tww. But we will all get there! Good luck to all of you:)
lindz110
Friend

Postby SRedding » Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Saradiane- yes we are trying for our first child. :( It is so exhausting. Good luck to you, i hope you get your bfp this month!
Lindz- I am sorry to hear about your loss. I also had a very early miscarriage on March 11th. Ever since then i haven't been the same. I hope your coping well. This is the most emotionally exhausting thing ever!!!!!
Xibina- i understand your fear of clomid, as i have the same fears! As far as monitoring goes on clomid, they are drawing my progesterone on the 23rd day but not much more than that these first few months. The EWCM and cramping is a good sign! how much was your temp rise? it only has to be .4 degrees and sustain that elevation! Just know that we are in this with you and i wish everyone the best of luck! I pray everyday that people will get their bfps :)
Thanks for posting back to me ladies! Only 6 days until i plan on testing. I refuse to do it any sooner. I can't see that damn single line one more time!
SRedding
Friend

Postby xibinha » Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 am

thanks for the support, I really appreaciate it! And I wish all the best of luck.

We are also trying for our first baby and although this is our first month serously ttc, we ve wanted this for several years so it s been both exciting and nerve-racking!

My temp rise was good but not sustained and ff keeps "changing its mine" about me having ovulated or no (you can see my chart yestereday and today attached). Do you think is possible I might have Od but my progesterone level is not high enough or simply I didn t? I am not planning on testing before I get my progesterone results bc I want to know first if I did O.

Do you get progesterone tested often? Is it totally reliable even wtth clomid?
Attachments
char_3ma.JPG
today
char_3ma.JPG (67.83 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
cha_2ma.JPG
yesterday
cha_2ma.JPG (67.57 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
xibinha

Postby lindz110 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Yes i am doing better. It was rrally hard at first. I hope the best for us all!
lindz110
Friend

Postby SRedding » Sat May 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Xibinha- it looks to me like you have a pretty good temperature increase on day 18. Are you taking your temperature after sleeping at least 6 hours? It does seem like your temp didn't stay as high as we expect. Its so hard reading these charts! The progesterone lab is accurate even on clomid, i also think it is always best to wait 14 days after ovulation to test. And once you know your progesterone you'll 100% know if you ovulated. Clomid can make your cycles longer. It made mine go from 28 to 34 last month. That was really a mind trip!
SRedding
Friend

Postby xibinha » Mon May 05, 2014 10:53 am

I am taking my temps correctly now (at the beginning of my cycle I really didn t know how to do it properly and probably that s why I got crazy temps), altough I wake up at night at least twice and that s supposed to mess with the results too. Besides I am using a normal termometer, not a basal one. Anyway I ll just have to wait a bit longer to now for sure. I went for progesterone bw this morning and I am so anxious to get the results!

Have you been on clomid 100mg? Is it much stronger than 50mg? Did it work for you?

I am really sorry about your m/c lindz110, I can only imagine how hard it must be...

We should all keep thinking positive! I hope to see some bfp posted here anytime soon :)
xibinha

progesterone results

Postby xibinha » Wed May 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi!

I got my progesterone results today and I am confused. I got 2,8 and I know it is low but reference values from the lab say that anything over 1,5 is within normal range but I (supposedly) was 8 dpo, it is supposed to be the peak... Could I have ovulated? temps and CM seemed to confirm it... AF is supposed to be due on monday if there is no sign of it I can expect either very good or very bad news...

If my OB confirms that I did not O, I hope they give me 100mg (two pills) next month instead of wasting time with unsuccessful cycles :(
xibinha

Return to TTC in our 20s