Help!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help!

Postby SomedayAMommy » Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Has anyone heard of women taking tests at 14DPO and getting BFNs--but still might be pregnant?

I'm pretty sure I ovulated on the 23rd of April, which would make today 14DPO. I've had very different symptoms this time. It's seemed different from the start! And this time even the hubby has noticed and commented my bbs look bigger. And it seemed to have happened over night. Pulls and pains and cramps in places I didn't know I had. Sneezing uncontrollably. And I've tried SO hard to be neutral and not care and not symptom spot this month...and I have just...FELT different. Pregnant...oh, and my temps have been in the 98s (I'm usually low 97s)...until today (down to 98.18)...and now almost all symptoms seemed to have stopped! The cold I have is just a few sniffles and a cough once in a while.

Everything has stopped and, granted, my cycles are very irregular. Anywhere from 35-47 days. And I'm on CD40 right now, so its not the latest I've ever been and I know my period could show up any day, but it just really sucks seeing BFNs--but NOT getting AF...should I just set my face to aunt flow coming? Does anyone know what your cervical position should be right before your period? In general, is there a lot of CM before your period?
SomedayAMommy
Friend

Re: Help!

Postby Happyfroggy » Thu May 08, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm thinking you miscalculated your ovulation date. Do you chart online at all?

If you are pregnant, you would likely get a positive on 14 dpo. So if you're off by a few days, than it could still be testing too early.

Have you charted before? Do you know how long your usual luteal length is? I have irregular cycles also and I think it is much more important for people with irregular cycles to chart so that we actually know what is going on. If you have irregular cycles you are also more likely to get "false positive" opk's and so you can't really rely totally on them for your ovulation date the way people with regular cycles can.

Good luck!
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SomedayAMommy » Fri May 09, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks for the reply it was helpful. Sadly I ended up getting af...she's pure evil lol. But thanks again! Live and learn I suppose.
SomedayAMommy
Friend

Postby Happyfroggy » Sat May 10, 2014 8:39 am

Oh sorry about AF! CD1 is the WORST!

:hugs:
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 20s