Late 20s and TTC #1!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Late 20s and TTC #1!

Postby Micheles11 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:49 pm

How is everyone today?? My 2nd beta was 438 today and my first sonogram is 12/2!!! I think I'm still shocked I'm actually pregnant!
Me 29
DH 39
TTC#1
1st IUI 10/1/14: BFN
2nd IUI 11/6/14: BFP!!!!
14dpIUI 11/20/14: Beta #1: 169!!
16dpIUI 11/22/14: Beta #2: 438!!
Micheles11

Postby plattis » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:27 pm

woohooo!! I am still so pumped for you!! on monday we go for a super ultrasound & NT testing. We'll also get our gender bloodwork done!! I am super nervous
Me:27 DH:31 (normal SA)
HSG&SIS - tubes/uterus great.
TTC #1 since Sept 2012

2012: TTC without strategy
2013: diagnosed with PCOS, clomid 4x (bfn), HSG&LAP
2014: femara 3x (bfn), Ectopic pregnancy, clomid #5, IUI 4x & IVF

9/1/14: IVF#1! 11 days of stims, 8 mature/ 8 fertilized/ 7 frosties and one beautiful 4AA transferred :)
10dp5dt beta #1: 266!
12dp5dt beta #2: 704!
19dp5dt beta #3: 13,600!!
26dp5dt (6w3d): First U/S! one beautiful little Bee with :hb: 108!
7w5d: little Bee :hb: 158!
graduated from RE to Ob!!
10w2d: Bee :hb: 169! measuring ahead at 10w5d

Mom to one beautiful little baby bee born 5/22/15 <3

the chart

my fertility & pregnancy ramblings
plattis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:12 am

Micheles! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated!

The nausea turned to vomiting last night. Honestly, I feel depressed because of the lack of appetite and the nausea most of the day. When I feel normal for just an hour or so (some days), I feel normal again. But then when I feel nauseous again, I feel depressed...
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Ohcantwait4BFP » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi, I am 29. Married for 3.5 years. TTC since 3 months. Really nervous and want the BFP soon. Today is 11 DPO with no symptoms :s never thought this process is gonna be so daunting.
Ohcantwait4BFP

Postby Micheles11 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Hey ladies! How is everyone feeling??? I can say I've been good so far, no nausea or food aversions... Yet! Tomorrow is my 1st sonogram which makes me very excited!

Welcome ohcantwait! The process is tough but the ladies on this board are amazing support!
Me 29
DH 39
TTC#1
1st IUI 10/1/14: BFN
2nd IUI 11/6/14: BFP!!!!
14dpIUI 11/20/14: Beta #1: 169!!
16dpIUI 11/22/14: Beta #2: 438!!
Micheles11

Postby hockey_gal » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi All,

I figured it was time to stop creeping all of the posts on this site and finally join a thread!

I'm hoping that having people that can relate will help keep me sane, especially this time of year!! Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but I also feel like it might also be a reminder of how much we want to have a family of our own to start our own traditions with.

DH and I are both 29 and have been actively TTC since May (and since I have a shorter cycle we're onto cycle #10...), on CD 6 right now and will probably start OPKs tomorrow as I tend to O around CD 9-10.....and so it begins again!
Me- 30
DH- 30
Married since Aug 2011
TTC since April 2014
Unexplained
Cycle # 20
Seeking Naturopathic help

My Ovulation Chart
hockey_gal
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cherms » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:50 am

Hi Ladies!

I stalked this thread yesterday reading about each of your experiences and so today I figured I'd be less creeper and finally say hello. So.. hello! I loved reading about each of you conceiving or ttc. I am 28 (29 in February) and my husband and I are TTC #1. This is our first "real" attempt at a try and I think because I've never experienced the "two week wait" before, this one is rougher than I realized they would be. I'm currently 7 or 8dpo (not sure if I caught an early surge Thursday or if it was O but test was super dark then lines Fri & Sat as well.) and the wait is KILLING ME. It took my mom a year to get pregnant at 27, she has a tilted uterus, and I was recently informed my cervix is tilted a bit. So I'm now scared it's going to take us a while to concieve and I think it's making me slightly crazy. I may be slightly control freakish, so the fact that I can do everything "correctly" and *still* not get pregnant rubs me the wrong way. :)

So hello again! I'm looking forward to getting to know you lovely ladies. It really was like reading my own thoughts and feelings so I'm really excited to have a place where someone really understands. My husband tried to talk to me about it last night but he's darn understanding and patient, he doesn't get the crazy wonderings we do!
Me - 28
Him - 31
TTC #1 since May 2014
1st BFP 2/4/15
1st HcG Beta @ 121 on 2/5/15

Cherms
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hockey_gal » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi Cherms! How is the wait going?? I see that you are using OPK's - are you charting as well?

Hoping this month is the one for us!! A Christmas BFP - how wonderful would that be!?!

I also suffer from being a control freak, which makes ttc that much more frustrating! I found that OPKs, charting, and a whack of vitamins helps me feel like I'm doing everything I can. I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil for the last month or so to increase CM and decided this month to try Benylin Mucus & Phlegm (Canadian equivalent to Mucinex) after reading up a bit on it. I've been taking it the past two days and I have to say that it seems to be working!! Still waiting for a + OPK to begin my wait again (should be tomorrow or Sunday), and will keep you posted.

Really hoping this is it- but if not, only two more cycles for me until the doc will start some testing!! I almost wishing I hadn't gone to see him before we starting TTC so that I could just say it's been 12 months and get the process started! lol.

I'm trying to stay as positive and relaxed as possible this month (currently drinking some decaf green tea on the couch with my pup listening to some Christmas music :D ).I know it's going to be a tough month with spending Christmas with my nieces and nephews, one just born a month ago, and my coworker/friend is returning from maternity leave and is already pregnant again!

Anyways, let me know how you're doing and hoping that you've got good news coming your way!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Me- 30
DH- 30
Married since Aug 2011
TTC since April 2014
Unexplained
Cycle # 20

My Ovulation Chart
hockey_gal
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cherms » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi Hockey!

I haven't started charting yet. If this month is unsuccessful then I'll be buying a BBT and I'll start charting. I just downloaded the Fertility Friend app yesterday. I'm doing vitamins and EPO as well. How is Mucinex supposed to help? I have some I could totally take next cycle.

I've decided the positive thought for me this week is if it doesn't happen this month then it could happen next, which means my maternity leave would have me off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Who wouldn't love to spend those holidays with a new baby?

I went shopping today with DH and I swear every pregnant woman in the mall got in my path. Even DH said it got ridiculous by the end. They're everywhere!
Me - 28
Him - 31
TTC #1 since May 2014
1st BFP 2/4/15

Cherms
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hockey_gal » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:35 pm

How many DPO are you now? Is your first tww driving you crazy yet??

With the Mucinex, some believe that it thins out mucus,which I don't get a lot of pre-ovulation so I thought I'd give it a try. I was taking it twice a day leading up to "O" (kind of happy O has happened so I don't have to taste it again for a while!) The ingredient you are looking for it to have is Guaifenesin- the one I bought had 200 mg in it. Everything that I've read says to make sure that the one that you take doesn't have additional medicinal ingredients in it (usually says DM after if it does).

I love your positive thought for the week- how long do you get for maternity leave??

I'm trying to stay positive during this two week wait, but just found out this morning that my grandfather passed away this morning. I was hoping that we'd be able to tell him we were expecting before his last day :( Hoping the stress and emotions of this next week don't have any impact on this month.

And I hear ya on the mall! Didn't help that I was shopping in kids stores for my nieces and nephew!
Me- 30
DH- 30
Married since Aug 2011
TTC since April 2014
Unexplained
Cycle # 20

My Ovulation Chart
hockey_gal
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cherms » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm 10dpo today. I broke down and tested this morning and got a BFN. I keep seeing ppl using OPKs as well to check, so I randomly took one and I had a fairly solid positive. I'm not really sure what that means tho so I'll keep waiting and see if AF comes on Wed/Thur.

I will be getting 12 weeks off for maternity leave so if next month is the month I'd be due mid October and be off til mid January. but of course we know plans don't always work out :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, I mnow how hard that can be and what an emotional toll it can take on your body. Try to get some rest the next few days and don't let it overwhelm you. Lavender essential oil works wonders.

Hope you get your + OPK soon! Get to BD! :wink:
Me - 28
Him - 31
TTC #1 since May 2014
1st BFP 2/4/15

Cherms
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hockey_gal » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Thanks Cherms, had a nice nap this afternoon and I'm feeling much better. I know work will be hard tomorrow because I cry at anything/everything...going to be a long day! DH and I coach a girls hockey team, and we have practice tomorrow night so hoping it will be a good distraction and a getting out for a skate will do me some good!

10 DPO is still early- fingers crossed for you that the positive OPK is a good sign!!

12 weeks seems like such a little amount of time before having to go back to work :( I guess I take for granted how much time I would get should I ever fish my wish (a year + my 4 wks vacation). It would definitely be nice to have the holidays off if this isn't your month!

I got my + OPK yesterday, temp spiked this morning and we BD'd yesterday afternoon and this morning, now to hope for the best I guess!! Have a feeling this will be the quickest tww with everything going on and Christmas around the corner.

Keep us posted!
Me- 30
DH- 30
Married since Aug 2011
TTC since April 2014
Unexplained
Cycle # 20

My Ovulation Chart
hockey_gal
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cherms » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:55 am

Hi there! Hope your Monday is going well and you're able to keep your mind off things and stay busy today!

12 weeks is such a short time. I know I will be a mess when I go back to work. My boss is luckily really understanding and family oriented so maybe I can ease back in slowly. Having a year off is amazing. Is that your employer in particular or Canada? I know the US has the worst maternity leave of pretty much every country.

Hoping the TWW for your goes by quickly and you get a BFP for Christmas :) I thinking I'm out this month. Just a feeling for some reason. I should O again on Christmas/Christmas Eve so maybe a Christmas baby is in the works. :)
Me - 28
Him - 31
TTC #1 since May 2014
1st BFP 2/4/15

Cherms
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hockey_gal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:48 pm

I actually did really well today! Only cried a little once in the morning and then I was surprisingly good the rest of the day! (Other than a mild blip when a co-worker announced they were expecting today...) I'm sure this will not be the case Wed-Fri during the visitations/funeral, and I'm sure we'll get the "When are you going to have a kid??" question a few times from family members we haven't seen in a while- can't wait!

That's great that your boss will let you ease back into things, I still can't imagine having to put a 3 month old in daycare- that would be really hard! A year is pretty standard in Canada, and I get a decent pay top-up while I'm off so there's not much incentive to go back early which is nice.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you- but I also like the sounds of a Christmas baby!! Do you have to travel a lot or do you get to stay put and get busy in the bedroom!? :D
Me- 30
DH- 30
Married since Aug 2011
TTC since April 2014
Unexplained
Cycle # 20

My Ovulation Chart
hockey_gal
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Cherms » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:09 am

Hey Hockey! Looks like we're the only people left in our lates 20's ttc now, lol! I'm glad the day went by quickly for you and wasn't too bad. I know the days are feeling like they are going by so fast now because of the holidays coming up. I bet the funeral and visitation will be hard but since you've Oed and you're in your TTC maybe it won't affect too much for your body. Keeping my FX!

I'm really not looking forward to only 3 months off. It's pretty standard here but they just seem so young. I do have a cousin who is a SAHM who may keep them for their first year since she has 2 young ones at home. But then I'm scared I'm going to feel jealous she's with my child all day. I'm not really sure about it but it's an option. If I have a pretty calm baby maybe I can see if I can babywear and take them to work some :) That would be the most amazing thing.

We're only traveling locally to my parents and in laws, but I warned DH last night there would probably be BD going on so no cold feet b/c we're at his parents! You should be testing right around Xmas right? So exciting!
Me - 28
Him - 31
TTC #1 since May 2014
1st BFP 2/4/15

Cherms
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s