New to the site...TTC #1

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to the site...TTC #1

Postby ImpatientGirl2008 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:03 am

Hey Everyone,
My name is JoAnna. My significant other Cody and I have been TTC #1 for about 2 months now. We are just going to let it happen but I have been tracking my periods and ovulation dates. We are ready for a baby and I was just wondering what else I could be doing besides tracking my periods and ovulation. Neither of us have fertility problems that we are aware of but I am about 4 or so months out from having abnormal cells removed from my cervix so that makes me nervous where it comes to conception.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello. I hope to make some new friends on here that understand what we are all going through and to get some great advice.

Thanks for reading my rant.
JoAnna
ImpatientGirl2008
Friend

Re: New to the site...TTC #1

Postby jeepgirl88 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:53 am

Hello and welcome :D

I started out our first 2 months just tracking with an app as well. Sometimea though you can't rely on when the app says your most fertile days are. To detect when ovulation is going to occur (24 to 48 hours prior) you can use an OPK (ovulation predictor kit) and as these are pricey, many ladies here (myself included) order cheaper tests online, like the Wondfos from Amazon. In addition, a lot of people suggest temping and charting your BBT to actually confirm O.

If you want to continue taking a relaxed route for now, keep tracking and have regular sex throughout your cycle to keep sperm fresh and healthy. The most crucial days of course would be CD 10 to 20, if your cycle is regular you will most likely O sometime in that time frame so if you BD every second day at least you know you won't miss it. But also remember, even with perfect timing, it doesn't always happen right away.

I hope I helped a little, I am fairly new still myself and I don't temp, so I am sure someone else can be more helpful with charting etc. Good luck!
jeepgirl88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: New to the site...TTC #1

Postby ImpatientGirl2008 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Hello jeepgirl88,
That was helpful. I will have to look into getting OPks and maybe start temping once I get used to doing that. I appreciate the advice. And good luck to you,too. Hopefully we will both be getting our BFP's soon.
ImpatientGirl2008
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s