Recently Married

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Recently Married

Postby blobie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Hello ladies,

I am new here. DH and I will have been married a year Jan 18th and I am ready to be ttc. When we talked about it and he said he is not quite ready to be trying yet. However he has said that there is no perfect time to have a baby and if it happens then it will be a blessing, so it is not like he doesn't want kids or anything. I am ok with waiting but each month I secretly hope that we had an ops and I got pregnant lol. I am not on birth control and we use the withdraw method. We DTD several times around my ovulation time and I am really praying one got by...
Am I crazy?

JC
blobie

Re: Recently Married

Postby AdalynnsMommy23 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Def not crazy! Good luck. X
AdalynnsMommy23
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Welcome! And that's not crazy at all. That's about how ttc started with my husband and I. We got married in September 2013. We didn't really want to ttc right away but I had been tested for some issues and decided it would be best to start just to see what would happen. Although my husband wasn't ready right then he said whatever happened happened and he would be blessed to be a father. Now it's over a year later with no success and he's now realizing how much he would like us to have kids. He has his moments sometimes when he wants to give up but he's very supportive of me as I'm sure your husband is as well. :) good luck with ttc!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Firstcomeslove » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:38 pm

I can completely relate! My husband and I have been married 2 1/2 years now, but basically since our wedding day I have secretly hoped for an oops baby, but hubby wasn't ready yet. We also used withdrawal because I can't use bc pills. Hubby finally got on board at about 2 years and we've been trying 6 months. The wait feels like forever, but what helped me was just trying to enjoy married life with the two of us and trying to save up money/do things that would be harder once we had kids. I can definitely see how strong we have become as a couple and I think married time without kids really helps to make us better parents. However, I totally understand that strong desire to have a baby. I guess what I'm trying to say is your not alone and hubby will probably jump on board sooner than you think. :)
TTC #1 w/PCOS since 9/2014
Firstcomeslove
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s