TTC after Miscarriage

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after Miscarriage

Postby Miss406 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 am

Well after 3 failed cycles, my 4th cycle I used balance activ when I was fertile and fell pregnant. I only used one tube. I sadly miscarried only 2 days after my period would have been due after several faint positives. The positives didn't progress in strength so should have known it would end in Miscarriage.

I am again going to use balance activ this cycle, perhaps 2 or 3 tubes though. I'm hoping to start using OPK's from CD13 onwards. The earliest I have ovulated is CD15, and the latest being CD18. I'm only 10 days post miscarriage but hoping it doesn't disrupt ovulation too much, I've heard some very contradicting advice. Some say it will be delayed, some say a miscarriage this early won't be affecting the next ovulation. I guess perhaps everyone is different and it's just a case of 'waiting and seeing'.

Whilst I have 2 months of being 29 left I'm going to stick to this section ;)
:angel: May 2005, March 2007, Feb 2009, Dec 2011, Jan 2013, April 2013, Jan 2015, Feb 2015, July 2015 :angel:
Miss406
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: TTC after Miscarriage

Postby Carrieloohoo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:17 am

I am right there with you, hun. I just had a very early miscarriage last week, too. I only knew about it for five days. My test sticks did get darker the next day, so I stopped taking them (because they're mad expensive!) but then intuition or whatever felt something was wrong and last Wednesday, I took another and the line wasn't any darker than it was the last time I tested. Sure enough, I miscarried later that afternoon. It really, really sucks.

My doctor said my cycles really shouldn't be messed up because it happened so close to my period. But I am using OPKs and started today (CD10) just to be sure. If my cycles aren't screwed up from it, I should ovulate next Friday, but we'll see. We so wanted a baby :( I hope it doesn't take us long to conceive again. Baby dust to you, m'dear!
TTC since October 2014
1st BFP Jan. 3, 2015
Chemical Jan. 7, 2015
Carrieloohoo
Friend

Postby Carrieloohoo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:18 am

Also, I turned 30 in August, so I know JUST how you feel on that one.
TTC since October 2014
1st BFP Jan. 3, 2015
Chemical Jan. 7, 2015
Carrieloohoo
Friend

Postby Miss406 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:29 am

Carrieloohoo wrote:I am right there with you, hun. I just had a very early miscarriage last week, too. I only knew about it for five days. My test sticks did get darker the next day, so I stopped taking them (because they're mad expensive!) but then intuition or whatever felt something was wrong and last Wednesday, I took another and the line wasn't any darker than it was the last time I tested. Sure enough, I miscarried later that afternoon. It really, really sucks.

My doctor said my cycles really shouldn't be messed up because it happened so close to my period. But I am using OPKs and started today (CD10) just to be sure. If my cycles aren't screwed up from it, I should ovulate next Friday, but we'll see. We so wanted a baby :( I hope it doesn't take us long to conceive again. Baby dust to you, m'dear!

It's awful isn't it? It started off me posting a thread elsewhere on the internet and saying 'just for fun - testing before AF' and members were saying they saw lines - I clearly don't have good eyes because I couldn't see them, in real life or on the computer :oops: a day or two went by, tested again, I thought I saw something, again members said they clearly saw it and that was a BFP if they ever saw one, a day later, CB + and IC strong now for me to see in real life. 3am the next morning, I did a FRER and again = I saw it in real life. 9am that morning, the spotting started. Never been so gutted. I couldn't sleep that morning because I knew I was pregnant, then when I tested at 3am I couldn't sleep because I was so excited, picking baby names, hoping it's okay in there, then BOOM, hours later I lost him and I feel dreadful!

Fingers crossed we both ovulate soon and both get our BFP's this month, I've heard a lot of stories of being getting pregnant the cycle after! :D
:angel: May 2005, March 2007, Feb 2009, Dec 2011, Jan 2013, April 2013, Jan 2015, Feb 2015, July 2015 :angel:
Miss406
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jzscott » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:36 pm

I'm sorry for both of your losses. I'm also ttc after a miscarriage. I had one of my very usual long cycles (108 days) I didn't think it was possible to be pregnant but in November started feeling what I thought were pms symptoms. By December my sister finally convinced me to take a HPT and it was postive at 10pm. I didn't believe it so I took another about an hour later with hardly any urine and it was still positive. Two days later I was at work and felt a gush. I was hoping it was just cm but it was a lot of blood. By the time I made it to the doctor they checked my hcg levels and it was confirmed I'm pregnant but very low hcg (11) I got tested a few more times until it was "less than 1". I have no idea how far along I was and Im so mad at myself for letting me have symptoms for so long and not even testing. Anyway, I'm still waiting for AF to show and then I'll be starting clomid. I've just started 1500 mg of metformin because I have irregular long cycles and my doctor says that should help. I'm hoping I ovulate this month and have either an October or November baby! Fingers crossed for both of you as well!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Miss406 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:44 am

Fingers crossed for you, sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :(
They're so hard, grieving for a life that never progressed and lived, incredibly tough.
Fingers also crossed for starting those meds, I hope they help you. :hugs:
Miss406
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jzscott » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Just hoping for some positive news in the next couple months. I actually cried while being seen by my doctor on two separate occasions and I feel so stupid about it. I hope next time I see him I can keep it together. Good luck TTC everyone! Hope to see some bfps around here soon.
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Miss406 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:39 am

Jzscott wrote:Just hoping for some positive news in the next couple months. I actually cried while being seen by my doctor on two separate occasions and I feel so stupid about it. I hope next time I see him I can keep it together. Good luck TTC everyone! Hope to see some bfps around here soon.

Aww! :hugs:
I always cry in front of the doctor with my Miscarriages, it's something you never get used to or can control.
Fingers crossed for your BFP soon. I'm now 3dpo! My ovulation wasn't affected much, apart from my surge lasted 3 days instead of a few hours!
Miss406
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Paigeh27 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 am

Don't feel bad about crying in front of the doctor. It's normal and they can handle it!!
Me- 33
DH- 34
Married May 2014
TTC since IUD was removed in August
BFP sept 27, lost our angel Robin Oct 16
BFP June 14, Chemical Pregnancy confirmed June 19
Starting an IF workup- US and thyroid normal, so far.
http://fertilityfriend.com/home/57a9d8
Paigeh27
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Carrieloohoo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:04 am

I just wanted to check in with you lovely ladies. I think I finally ovulated Tuesday (5 days late). We DTD that Sunday but I was too tired xMonday and Tuesday to try. So I'm not really feeling hopeful, but we'll see :/ Really hoping for a quick turn around. I got pregnant in cycle #2, so I'm hoping that means something good.
TTC since October 2014
1st BFP Jan. 3, 2015
Chemical Jan. 7, 2015
Carrieloohoo
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s